FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 pm  
I suppose the thinking is, if only 8 teams can spend the full cap, why increase it.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 pm  
Jack Burton wrote:
I suppose the thinking is, if only 8 teams can spend the full cap, why increase it.

I understand the reasoning but that's a race to the bottom imo.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:30 pm  
YosemiteSam wrote:
I understand the reasoning but that's a race to the bottom imo.

Absolutely and it’s why the game has gone downhill over here in recent years. Held back by too many clubs which can’t spend the cap.. it’s not worked either way in its current state as it’s still the same clubs winning the major trophies but with a lower standard now overall. The cap needs increasing
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:22 pm  
Also worth considering, do the RFL like it like this? Clubs are not too powerful. No one spoken of breakaway franchise since Koukash left……
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 pm  
The clubs have far too much power.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 pm  
Jack Burton wrote:
The clubs have far too much power.

Hmmm interesting viewpoint. Please expand…..
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:31 am  
Put a huge salary cap in place. Attract business people to the game. Attract NRL players to the game.

Speculate to accumulate?
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:07 pm  
There is a healthy middle ground I'm sure,but for decades now the same clubs are bouncing up and down.

They have poor grounds ,low funds, offer little competitive to other teams and provide no one for international either yet suck up chunks of tv money and gates.

I'd rather a 10 team SL where the money and better players are spread into teams that offer more.

Also means the England players won't be playing 30+ games right into world cups and the like.

It's very unpopular and will never happen.

We will just end up with 14 teams where only top 4 can win, middle 6 are average and bottom 4 lucky to win 10 games a season and SL quality will just keep getting worse as NRL and union picks the best
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:43 pm  
Spot on
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:24 pm  
The RFL are and always have been the holders of the destiny of RL in the northern hemisphere unless that changes the downward trajectory will continue. They payed a kings ransom to IMG but are hell bent on ignoring the advise im sad to say.
PreviousNext