FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 10 | Catalan Dragons (A)
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6848
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 02 200222 years44th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 12:4427th Apr 24 12:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 10 | Catalan Dragons (A) : Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:19 am  
Agree about Dwyer but that tackle on Kasiano was top drawer.
Not sure why we didn`t keep Leeming in the halves and play Sutcliffe SR.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2066No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 18 200717 years242nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Apr 24 07:123rd Apr 24 05:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 10 | Catalan Dragons (A) : Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:48 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Yep good honest press conference. The only thing i would disagree with is that the 2nd half disipline cost us and we started the game ok. We didnt. The 1st 15 mins was awful giving restart sets and high tackles aplenty and gave Catalans a lot of early ball which led partly to the 2nd half i thought. We did too much defending early on.

We then got to grips with the game for the remainder of the half and played some lovely stuff. 2nd half was probably worst half of the season???

Pleased he said he had to rotate his middles due to the obvious workload on their shoulders. There are people on here whos views i respect and I believe know the game better than most but when we lose get a little silly for an hour or 2 and then go back to their sensible views again.

Too many errors, too many penalties, 50% completion rate, poor poor kicking game. I suspect players like Gale, Dwyer, Sutcliffe, Leeming and even Prior will not be enjoying the review this morning at Kirkstall.

A self inflicted loss.

I’ve never understood what your issue with Leeming is. If he was a bit more explosive in the tackle at times, he’d be top level. But Dwyer, I don’t think people understand how much the headless chicken act saps the energy out of the whole team. It looked like real desperation stuff at the back end of the first half, like we were chasing the game in the last few minutes of the game. Composure and control were needed, but that was the opposite.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 20168 years90th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th May 22 08:103rd May 22 22:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 10 | Catalan Dragons (A) : Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:16 am  
Les Norton wrote:
I’ve never understood what your issue with Leeming is. If he was a bit more explosive in the tackle at times, he’d be top level. But Dwyer, I don’t think people understand how much the headless chicken act saps the energy out of the whole team. It looked like real desperation stuff at the back end of the first half, like we were chasing the game in the last few minutes of the game. Composure and control were needed, but that was the opposite.

I think Leeming is a good player, hes still settling in at Leeds, it takes some more time than others and i think he will get better. Hes played very well recently particularly at Cas and then in the halves. Rightly or wrongly i see 9 as the most important position in the modern game and I place a lot of importance on the position.

The main difference, for me, between SL and the NRL is the accuracy of the pass, a basic fundamental skill. If one pass is slightly out it throws everything out. If that first pass is not exactly where it needs to be the whole play is dead. Leemings pass is nowhere near consistently accurate enough. His defence in the middle of the park isnt tough enough either for me. Hes not consistent enough at the moment.

Dwyer is what he is. You wont reign in him. Hes got to just go and run around like a loon off a slow play the ball. He cant be composed or controlling. Occassionally he can be very effective but more than not hes a total hinderance and nuisance. His passing is truly awful, you dont know when he will run or pass. He must be a nightmare for his half backs. I know Kevin wouldve strangled him if he had to play with him yet hes given him a new deal which is something i find both funny and frustrating.

I know im overly harsh on our 9s. I do accept that. Its a vital and simple role but very few in this country do it well. I dont want highlight plays. I just want a ball delivered to, when and how the 1st receiver wants it.

I hope that answers you Les.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2208No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 29 200518 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 14:3820th Apr 24 06:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Woody: Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: A little early, isn't it Woody?
Woody: For a beer?
Norm: No, for stupid questions.

Re: RD 10 | Catalan Dragons (A) : Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:19 am  
chapylad wrote:
Agree about Dwyer but that tackle on Kasiano was top drawer.
Not sure why we didn`t keep Leeming in the halves and play Sutcliffe SR.
l agree regarding Leeming, I think he has done well in the halves. The downside to that is that Dwyer is then required to play the full game at hooker which is usually a bit of a struggle. That said last night was probably Dwyer's worst game for a while after playing off the bench :?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4321
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 18 20186 years26th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 17:0527th Apr 24 17:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 10 | Catalan Dragons (A) : Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:30 am  
Agree with what Marty’s saying here but right now both hookers are shot. We have overplayed both of them.

Can’t fault Agar’s comments in the presser, very honest. Like I said I think he bears some responsibility for selections leading some players inevitably to this place: but a few too many were off last night and some like Gale don’t actually have the fatigue excuse.

Bright lights: did like Smith’s performance. Hurrell was hardest trying player on the pitch. Newman solid return although I do wish he’s pass the ball. Myler looks a real handful joining the line and adds so much to that left hand side. Mellor had been going well for a good while now. Holroyd was OK. Other than that…
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2066No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 18 200717 years242nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Apr 24 07:123rd Apr 24 05:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 10 | Catalan Dragons (A) : Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:49 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
I think Leeming is a good player, hes still settling in at Leeds, it takes some more time than others and i think he will get better. Hes played very well recently particularly at Cas and then in the halves. Rightly or wrongly i see 9 as the most important position in the modern game and I place a lot of importance on the position.

The main difference, for me, between SL and the NRL is the accuracy of the pass, a basic fundamental skill. If one pass is slightly out it throws everything out. If that first pass is not exactly where it needs to be the whole play is dead. Leemings pass is nowhere near consistently accurate enough. His defence in the middle of the park isnt tough enough either for me. Hes not consistent enough at the moment.

Dwyer is what he is. You wont reign in him. Hes got to just go and run around like a loon off a slow play the ball. He cant be composed or controlling. Occassionally he can be very effective but more than not hes a total hinderance and nuisance. His passing is truly awful, you dont know when he will run or pass. He must be a nightmare for his half backs. I know Kevin wouldve strangled him if he had to play with him yet hes given him a new deal which is something i find both funny and frustrating.

I know im overly harsh on our 9s. I do accept that. Its a vital and simple role but very few in this country do it well. I dont want highlight plays. I just want a ball delivered to, when and how the 1st receiver wants it.

I hope that answers you Les.

It certainly does. I agree that 9 is the most important position on the pitch, and it’s a position I feel we’ve neglected since we had Paul Aiton. I think Leeming’s distribution is decent, but perhaps I’m just comparing it to Dwyer’s. To be fair, there aren’t many decent no.9s playing in SL right now.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 20168 years90th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 10 | Catalan Dragons (A) : Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:06 pm  
Les Norton wrote:
It certainly does. I agree that 9 is the most important position on the pitch, and it’s a position I feel we’ve neglected since we had Paul Aiton. I think Leeming’s distribution is decent, but perhaps I’m just comparing it to Dwyer’s. To be fair, there aren’t many decent no.9s playing in SL right now.

Not many at all mate.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11355
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 11 200222 years155th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 10:0026th Apr 24 07:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.

Re: RD 10 | Catalan Dragons (A) : Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:17 pm  
KaeruJim wrote:
Agree with what Marty’s saying here but right now both hookers are shot. We have overplayed both of them.

Can’t fault Agar’s comments in the presser, very honest. Like I said I think he bears some responsibility for selections leading some players inevitably to this place: but a few too many were off last night and some like Gale don’t actually have the fatigue excuse.

Bright lights: did like Smith’s performance. Hurrell was hardest trying player on the pitch. Newman solid return although I do wish he’s pass the ball. Myler looks a real handful joining the line and adds so much to that left hand side. Mellor had been going well for a good while now. Holroyd was OK. Other than that…
Smith was our best player.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain370
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20186 years294th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Aug 23 10:2511th Aug 23 17:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 10 | Catalan Dragons (A) : Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:24 am  
Cannot understand all the rubbish on here about our Number 9’s, but what the hell you guys know more about the game than Agar and his staff.
Say what you want about Dwyer, but your comments are not what Agar thinks about him. Last Friday against Catalans at Headingley, GH said that Dwyer was looking forward to having a rest tonight, yet again he was called upon to play a full game. He put his hand up, no matter how knackered he is, he put his hand up to play. So all you experts , you know who you are, there are a number of players in the team who are running on empty, give them a break, because some of you guys give little or no credit when it is due.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 20168 years90th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 10 | Catalan Dragons (A) : Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:19 am  
Brodie123 wrote:
Cannot understand all the rubbish on here about our Number 9’s, but what the hell you guys know more about the game than Agar and his staff.
Say what you want about Dwyer, but your comments are not what Agar thinks about him. Last Friday against Catalans at Headingley, GH said that Dwyer was looking forward to having a rest tonight, yet again he was called upon to play a full game. He put his hand up, no matter how knackered he is, he put his hand up to play. So all you experts , you know who you are, there are a number of players in the team who are running on empty, give them a break, because some of you guys give little or no credit when it is due.

Has anybody said there arent players running on empty? Ive not seen that being said at all.

Has anyone ever criticised Dwyers enthusiasm, energy levels or commitment? Ive only ever seen praise for him for that. Its impossible to criticise any of those from him. Jeez wish every player had his energy. Im Dwyers biggest critic but i will never question his desire, heart and effort no matter how misplaced it is most of the time
Does he give all he has for Leeds? Absolutely. Doesnt mean hes good enough tho for such a key position.

I know Agar's opinion on Dwyer very well.

No.credit?? All i see on here is positivity on the way the team is heading. Are you reading a different forum?
PreviousNext