RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H)
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sat May 15, 2021 11:16 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2735
doc-rhino wrote:
so in effect like most people only fully happy with mik and prior but happy giving their all.... in the ground i'll sing for a team giving it's all and cheer a win but in analysis look at who's put us in the position of being happy with effort and it's not the injuries. either kev /gh recruited bad or kev/agar not good enough coaches


You wasnt happy with Gannon and O'Connor last night? I thought they was both outstanding. Really enjoyed watching them did you Doc?
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sun May 16, 2021 6:58 am  

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:40 pm
Posts: 3361
Location: Meltham
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Few and far between Seth? We are upto.page 38 and the game was only last night.

Plenty of reasonable criticism in those 38 pages yes, way over the top mass culling posts;few and far between.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sun May 16, 2021 7:44 am  

Simmo71 wrote:
Simmo71 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:24 pm
Posts: 242
Shabino wrote:
Some folk do come across a bit dense on here.
Do you think Holbrook coached Barba into the player he was, or Agar coached the Gale masterclass of Kicking vs Wigan in CC semi? Or anyone coached Long himself to play the way he did?
We need our best players back and ft before we know what this team is capable of. Main role of a coach is to keep a professional and confident camp..... Imho....



Another crazy comment Shabs!
Of course coaching matters or why would every pro sports team in the world bother?
Successful teams are a combination of quality players and quality coaching.
Why did we get rid of Furner so quickly if coaching doesn’t matter?
Main role of the coach is to prepare the team to win the next match!
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sun May 16, 2021 7:55 am  

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 3097
mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
If you dont think coaching matters or that Holbrook over Cunninham made a massive difference, then you dont know what your talking about imo...Sorry if that sounds harsh.


Correct. Simply laughable to suggest a coach makes no real difference. I present the case of Marco Bielsa at LUFC and rest my case. Also Graham Murray from Dean Bell with little player turnover.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sun May 16, 2021 8:25 am  

ArthurClues wrote:
ArthurClues Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:10 pm
Posts: 408
Trebor1 wrote:
Correct. Simply laughable to suggest a coach makes no real difference. I present the case of Marco Bielsa at LUFC and rest my case. Also Graham Murray from Dean Bell with little player turnover.

Murray benifited from the addition of four extremely good players: Godden, Glanville, Powell and Fleary. Great coach though he was I don't think we'd have made the 98 GF with a Murray coached 97 squad.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sun May 16, 2021 8:50 am  

ArthurClues wrote:
ArthurClues Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:10 pm
Posts: 408
ArthurClues wrote:
Murray benifited from the addition of four extremely good players: Godden, Glanville, Powell and Fleary. Great coach though he was I don't think we'd have made the 98 GF with a Murray coached 97 squad.

And just to build on that, does anybody seriously think that 98 squad would have been competitive with 10 regulars out? Without bothering with a full like for like comparison how would they have coped without both full backs (Harris & Hilaire), both half backs (Powell, Sheridan) chief enforcer - Morley? Come on, how many games did that side win with even Harris missing? None of this is meant to decry Murray, who is my personal favourite coach, just to point that a coach cannot achieve success with key play makers absent.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sun May 16, 2021 9:13 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2735
ArthurClues wrote:
And just to build on that, does anybody seriously think that 98 squad would have been competitive with 10 regulars out? Without bothering with a full like for like comparison how would they have coped without both full backs (Harris & Hilaire), both half backs (Powell, Sheridan) chief enforcer - Morley? Come on, how many games did that side win with even Harris missing? None of this is meant to decry Murray, who is my personal favourite coach, just to point that a coach cannot achieve success with key play makers absent.


Doesnt matter tho cos there was an atmosphere in the South Stand and im sure the 100 yr old corrugated stand, with a spiral staircase and pillars blocking views, while fans stood ankle deep in pee after queueing 10 mins to get into the bogs would have got us ample wins even without any half backs, Iestyn and Moz.

Its funny i dont remember much atmosphere in that centenary season and SL 1 when the team and club was really struggling.

LMAO.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sun May 16, 2021 9:41 am  
mattsrhinos1978 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 1100
Fleary arrived with no fanfare atall, he became a very good player, under a very good coach, in a system that got the best out of him.

Ofcourse the better the set of players the better the structures and systems work, thats so common sense it dosnt really need saying. But to say coaching isnt that important is ludicrous, a good set of players with good coaching beat a good set of players with poor coaching...This isnt related to our current situation as we seem to of veered off track, this is just an opinion on Rugby or team sports in general.

On our current situation, like i mentioned earlier, even taking into account our injurys, our attack looked comically bad with plenty of good ball on friday, against a very poor team. Early days, but as a specialist attack coach, id be pretty dissapointed with what my attack served up.

Everything else looks pretty good on the whole, defence, pack, effort, commitment, youngsters...Happy.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sun May 16, 2021 9:56 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2735
mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
Fleary arrived with no fanfare atall, he became a very good player, under a very good coach, in a system that got the best out of him.

Ofcourse the better the set of players the better the structures and systems work, thats so common sense it dosnt really need saying. But to say coaching isnt that important is ludicrous, a good set of players with good coaching beat a good set of players with poor coaching...This isnt related to our current situation as we seem to of veered off track, this is just an opinion on Rugby or team sports in general.

On our current situation, like i mentioned earlier, even taking into account our injurys, our attack looked comically bad with plenty of good ball on friday, against a very poor team. Early days, but as a specialist attack coach, id be pretty dissapointed with what my attack served up.

Everything else looks pretty good, defence, pack, effort, commitment, youngsters...Happy.


I think thats a pretty fair and balanced assessment Matt. Of course a coach is vital to the success of any team. In fact for any team to be successful everybody has to be on the same page. Part of a coaches job is to ensure the culture and spirit is right. If it isnt unhappy players wont ever perform.

We have to hope once we stop changing half backs weekly and have a more natural full back, which i think Myler is more than Jack in attack, that the attack, game management and last tackle plays will begin to look better than they have understandably so far.

Weve been in most games weve lost even with the teams weve had to put out and lets hope once more bodies return they will help turn narrow losses into wins.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sun May 16, 2021 12:14 pm  

Shabino wrote:
Shabino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:39 pm
Posts: 1103
My point is that Agar and Longy are plenty good enough coaches to get thus team flying when we get out best players consistently on the field. We've missed Gale, Walker, Tet, Newman, even Lui....
That's all I'm saying!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArthurClues, christopher, HRS Rhino, Jack Burton, lionarmour87, Lprhino, malcadele, mattsrhinos1978, R.B.A, rollin thunder, Swoggy Loiner, tad rhino, The Ghost of '99, The Magic Rat and 264 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,186,1662,22378,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Fri 30th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Wests16-18NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Brisbane37-18NQL Cowboys
Thu 29th Jul
NRL RND: 20 Sydney28-0Parramatta
SLRND: 16 Catalans40-20Wakefield
SL RND: 16 Hull FC12-22Leeds
Wed 28th Jul
SL RND: 16 Warrington21-8Wigan
Sun 25th Jul
CH RND: 14 Sheffield28-40Halifax
CH RND: 14 Batley42-12Newcastle
CH RND: 14 Bradford30-36Featherstone
CH RND: 14 Whitehaven28-24Oldham
CH RND: 14 York46-10Swinton
L1 RND: 11 Barrow40-12Coventry
L1 RND: 11 Hunslet20-20Keighley
NRL RND: 19 St.George10-32Gold Coast
NRL RND: 19 Canterbury24-44Cronulla
Sat 24th Jul
NRL RND: 19 Souths60-22NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 19 Manly44-24Wests
NRL RND: 19 Penrith18-12Brisbane
L1 RND: 12 LondonS46-30West Wales
SL RND: 13 Catalans32-30Hull KR
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 18
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 17 632 198 434 30
Penrith 17 493 179 314 30
Souths 17 503 346 157 28
Parramatta 17 474 255 219 26
Sydney 17 453 335 118 22
Manly 17 485 354 131 20
St.George 17 358 382 -24 16
Cronulla 17 326 394 -68 14
 
Canberra 17 347 421 -74 14
Newcastle 17 283 420 -137 14
Gold Coast 17 394 468 -74 12
Wests 17 372 502 -130 12
NQL Cowboys 17 324 527 -203 12
NZ Warriors 17 333 426 -93 10
Brisbane 17 282 542 -260 8
Canterbury 17 212 522 -310 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 15 459 246 213 28 186.59 93.33
St.Helens 12 286 96 190 20 297.92 83.33
Warrington 14 429 221 208 21 194.12 75
Wigan 16 255 289 -34 20 88.24 62.50
Hull FC 13 298 237 61 15 125.74 57.69
Hull KR 11 271 244 27 12 111.07 54.55
 
Leeds 15 354 263 91 16 134.60 53.33
Castleford 14 251 354 -103 12 70.90 42.86
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Huddersfield 15 244 318 -74 8 76.73 26.67
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 13 212 508 -296 0 41.73 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 9 433 88 345 18 492.05 100
Featherstone 13 573 166 407 26 345.18 100
Halifax 14 398 199 199 20 200 71.43
Bradford 13 354 315 39 18 112.38 69.23
LondonB 13 374 337 37 17 110.98 65.38
Batley 14 370 286 84 18 129.37 64.29
 
Widnes 13 307 344 -37 11 89.24 42.31
Newcastle 13 284 400 -116 11 71 42.31
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Whitehaven 14 277 396 -119 11 69.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 13 197 379 -182 9 51.98 34.62
Oldham 13 190 470 -280 4 40.43 15.38
Swinton 14 234 529 -295 0 44.23 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 10 342 150 192 17 228 85
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 9 308 189 119 14 162.96 77.78
Keighley 10 348 239 109 10 145.61 50
Rochdale 10 279 280 -1 10 99.64 50
Crusaders 10 278 318 -40 10 87.42 50
 
Coventry 8 204 240 -36 8 85 50
Hunslet 10 268 257 11 8 104.28 40
LondonS 8 154 292 -138 2 52.74 12.50
West Wales 10 122 514 -392 0 23.74 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X