RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H)
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sat May 15, 2021 11:22 am  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10144
Location: West Yorkshire
Brodie123 wrote:
4/ 5 years should be long enough to rebuild a team, frankly we are little better now than when Furner was in charge. One decent game every 4/5 games. There has to be some form of change as to what is happening. Last night was shocking, not in effort , there was plenty of effort, but that’s about it. A big shout about injuries, OK, injuries are a part, but Wakefield had there injuries to their big players, we played the kids, our kids were the better players on the field. People oh here need to stop making excuses for what is happening. Across the city in the round ball game, nearly all season the team has been playing with players that was from the Championship, they are holding their own because they have a great coach who makes them better.
Unfortunately, we have the three wise men Agar, GH and Sinfield, some of the signings have been terrible, some of the contract handed out have not been fit for purpose, yet some people on here who think they know the game, because they played it, or did some coaching think they know more than others, have little or no idea other than to give excuse after excuse, and tell others they are wrong and know nothing about the game.
I’m ready to be shot down, but before you shoot me down, look at Saints or Wigan , they lose players every year to the NRL, they replace them with quality or put in kids who simply slot into the team , rarely are they ever outside of the top 4 and they nearly always complete in finals. What are the differences between them and us.
Simply they know how to run the playing side of the rugby club, they know how to recruit and how and when to introduce their kids. We are still buying experiments, taking chances etc, trying to build a team on the cheap , yet on here some try and justify this support the team through thick an thin. Others are not allowed to say otherwise because rhet get torn to pieces.
Sinfield as a player was one of the greats of his generation, it doesn’t mean he is good in his Director of Rugby roll. He employed Furner, Agar, have we improved, ( watch us beat Hull next Sunday)
If we won't make changes in individuals we need to change the plan, it has to be changed to get the very best out of the kids, and to make sure that NRL players want to play for Leeds as opposed to Wire, Saints or Wigan. We are now 8th in the league, closer to the bottom than the top, mid table some will say mid table, I will say cream of the crap.
Next week, I am lucky I will be sat in the room with GH, I cannot wait to have my say to him, afterwards he will know that I for one are not happy and I will ask him how long does he expect the rebuild to go on.
If they don’t change the plan and quickly then they need to make changes to the coach etc


To say we are no better than when Furner was here is some top class revisionism.

Sinfield did employ Furner but as any good director would do made a very difficult decision admit he’d made that mistake and did something about it.

That set us back and we have had a pandemic, which has plainly affected the recruitment and retention process. This coupled with an unprecedented injury situation has led to a poor start to the season, but if you think The team under Furner with as many injuries would have competed as well as we have (nearly knocking saints out of the cup without any half backs) then Im sorry but your either blinkered or being disingenuous (IMO)
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sat May 15, 2021 11:25 am  

Brodie123 wrote:
Brodie123 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 5:17 pm
Posts: 357
Shabino wrote:
Some fair points, but to suggest Sinfield is out of his depth is beyong belief. He will know everything there is about RL. He's won it all as a player. He's captained and been an ambassador for the club from the age most people are just getting vexed every weekend. I Also think the mentality of 'rebuilding' is wrong. teams are in constant flux these days. Players dunt tend to stay very long. The days of filling the team with one club players are gone. You could meticulously 'build' a team over 3 years, for the best players to then leave. We just have to work with what we have, season on season....


Sinfield was a great player, one of the very best in his generation, a born leader of the team. There is no question about that.
Regarding the recruitment, can you say on recruiting he has been brilliant, who employed Furner and gave Ablett another two years, the same person was told, either get rid of Furner or you go. Brilliant players do not always make great managers
5 years and we are no way close to a top team. There is still dross to remove from this team . Can he build a team I hope so, but for the last three years he has been here he has not done very well
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sat May 15, 2021 11:28 am  

Shabino wrote:
Shabino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:39 pm
Posts: 1154
People love banging on about how good Wigan are, and how well run they are. Erm what have they won in prior two seasons? What happened to them in their biggest game last season (no not the GF as that all became a debacle in the end, and was played in an empty stadium in Hull....!
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sat May 15, 2021 11:30 am  

Brodie123 wrote:
Brodie123 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 5:17 pm
Posts: 357
christopher wrote:
To say we are no better than when Furner was here is some top class revisionism.

Sinfield did employ Furner but as any good director would do made a very difficult decision admit he’d made that mistake and did something about it.

That set us back and we have had a pandemic, which has plainly affected the recruitment and retention process. This coupled with an unprecedented injury situation has led to a poor start to the season, but if you think The team under Furner with as many injuries would have competed as well as we have (nearly knocking saints out of the cup without any half backs) then Im sorry but your either blinkered or being disingenuous (IMO)


I expected you to comment, is Sinfield your brother, in your eyes he cannot do any wrong, it’s people like you who stop progress and change because it is you who is blinkered. We need some changes and less excuses, all teams have had to deal with the pandemic, I have also had to run my business through the pandemic, excuse after excuse from you.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sat May 15, 2021 11:33 am  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10144
Location: West Yorkshire
Brodie123 wrote:
Sinfield was a great player, one of the very best in his generation, a born leader of the team. There is no question about that.
Regarding the recruitment, can you say on recruiting he has been brilliant, who employed Furner and gave Ablett another two years, the same person was told, either get rid of Furner or you go. Brilliant players do not always make great managers
5 years and we are no way close to a top team. There is still dross to remove from this team . Can he build a team I hope so, but for the last three years he has been here he has not done very well


Recruitment has been a mixed bag, but then youve got to remember the club when Sinfield took over was in a right old mess so a lot of the early signings will have been desperate signings to do one job - keep us in SL and they did that.

We still have people talking about the signings of Ablett, Crosby and Thompson (not bodene) as though that’s a barometer of how well sinfield has done, they were 3 years ago, since then we have signed Gale, Tetevano, Martin, Ava, Prior, hurrell, Merrin - now Merrin snd Ava through no fault of the club didn’t work out but they are all quality signings
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sat May 15, 2021 11:35 am  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10144
Location: West Yorkshire
Brodie123 wrote:
I expected you to comment, is Sinfield your brother, in your eyes he cannot do any wrong, it’s people like you who stop progress and change because it is you who is blinkered. We need some changes and less excuses, all teams have had to deal with the pandemic, I have also had to run my business through the pandemic, excuse after excuse from you.


Utterly pointless discussing it if you’re going to be childish.

Oh and I’ve run my business through the pandemic aswell by the way.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sat May 15, 2021 11:40 am  

Simmo71 wrote:
Simmo71 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:24 pm
Posts: 335
Shabino wrote:
People love banging on about how good Wigan are, and how well run they are. Erm what have they won in prior two seasons? What happened to them in their biggest game last season (no not the GF as that all became a debacle in the end, and was played in an empty stadium in Hull....!


Are you really suggesting that a CC semi final is a bigger game than the GF???
You surpass yourself at times.
:CRAZY:
All last season was a debacle, yet you continue to bang on about the CC win....
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sat May 15, 2021 11:42 am  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10144
Location: West Yorkshire
Simmo71 wrote:
Are you really suggesting that a CC semi final is a bigger game than the GF???
You surpass yourself at times.
:CRAZY:
All last season was a debacle, yet you continue to bang on about the CC win....


The CC win was important to us as a club because the year before the CC loss was one of the lowest points in the clubs recent history
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sat May 15, 2021 11:44 am  

Simmo71 wrote:
Simmo71 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:24 pm
Posts: 335
The Eagle wrote:
I have no loyalty to Long, but I don't see what he can do. With no halves to work with he's got a job on. People in here seen to think you can slap a 6 shirt on someone, and with a couple of a training they'll be able to do the job.

You could turn Gale into a prop overnight, so why expect the opposite. The skills are not compatible. The game has clearly been to make the best of the situation, but the team gets slaughtered for running on the 5th.

With Gale now back, and others joining him as he gets back up to speed we'll hopefully see a bit more structure. If not, and it's still rubbish then absolutely Long needs to take some flak


Mate, I don’t think you can compare trying to turn Gale into a prop with trying to coach Liam Sutcliffe to add some value in the position he has always played in.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Sat May 15, 2021 11:46 am  

Simmo71 wrote:
Simmo71 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:24 pm
Posts: 335
christopher wrote:
The CC win was important to us as a club because the year before the CC loss was one of the lowest points in the clubs recent history


Of course. We’ll all take the win.
But you can’t say the CC win is a great achievement and then say that the GF was a meaningless debacle.
Cant have it both ways I’m afraid.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALAW, ArthurClues, cheekydiddles, Dadsylad, fanstanningley, FGB, gulfcoast_highwayman, Jack Burton, KaeruJim, Kilroy 3.0, Les Norton, Marty Grrrrrrrrrr!, mattsrhinos1978, rollin thunder, Seth, tad rhino, The Yellow Giraffe and 353 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sat 25th Sep
NRL
LIVE
Melbourne6-10Penrith
CH
LIVE
Batley22-10Bradford
Fri 24th Sep
SL RND: 26 Warrington0-19Hull KR
NRL RND: 28 Souths36-16Manly
Thu 23rd Sep
SL RND: 26 Wigan0-8Leeds
Sun 19th Sep
SL RND: 25 Huddersfield42-24Leigh
CH RND: 22 Bradford22-36Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury21-14Oldham
CH RND: 22 Featherstone78-10Sheffield
CH RND: 22 Halifax10-12Batley
CH RND: 22 Swinton16-26Widnes
CH RND: 22 York30-22LondonB
L1 RND: 22 Doncaster31-10Hunslet
WSL RND: 16 St.HelensW52-0WiganW
WSL RND: 16 YorkW28-14CastlefordW
Sat 18th Sep
NRL RND: 27 Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH RND: 22 Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1 RND: 22 Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::