FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H)
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200221 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Mar 24 19:1822nd Mar 24 16:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:22 am  
Brodie123 wrote:
4/ 5 years should be long enough to rebuild a team, frankly we are little better now than when Furner was in charge. One decent game every 4/5 games. There has to be some form of change as to what is happening. Last night was shocking, not in effort , there was plenty of effort, but that’s about it. A big shout about injuries, OK, injuries are a part, but Wakefield had there injuries to their big players, we played the kids, our kids were the better players on the field. People oh here need to stop making excuses for what is happening. Across the city in the round ball game, nearly all season the team has been playing with players that was from the Championship, they are holding their own because they have a great coach who makes them better.
Unfortunately, we have the three wise men Agar, GH and Sinfield, some of the signings have been terrible, some of the contract handed out have not been fit for purpose, yet some people on here who think they know the game, because they played it, or did some coaching think they know more than others, have little or no idea other than to give excuse after excuse, and tell others they are wrong and know nothing about the game.
I’m ready to be shot down, but before you shoot me down, look at Saints or Wigan , they lose players every year to the NRL, they replace them with quality or put in kids who simply slot into the team , rarely are they ever outside of the top 4 and they nearly always complete in finals. What are the differences between them and us.
Simply they know how to run the playing side of the rugby club, they know how to recruit and how and when to introduce their kids. We are still buying experiments, taking chances etc, trying to build a team on the cheap , yet on here some try and justify this support the team through thick an thin. Others are not allowed to say otherwise because rhet get torn to pieces.
Sinfield as a player was one of the greats of his generation, it doesn’t mean he is good in his Director of Rugby roll. He employed Furner, Agar, have we improved, ( watch us beat Hull next Sunday)
If we won't make changes in individuals we need to change the plan, it has to be changed to get the very best out of the kids, and to make sure that NRL players want to play for Leeds as opposed to Wire, Saints or Wigan. We are now 8th in the league, closer to the bottom than the top, mid table some will say mid table, I will say cream of the crap.
Next week, I am lucky I will be sat in the room with GH, I cannot wait to have my say to him, afterwards he will know that I for one are not happy and I will ask him how long does he expect the rebuild to go on.
If they don’t change the plan and quickly then they need to make changes to the coach etc

To say we are no better than when Furner was here is some top class revisionism.

Sinfield did employ Furner but as any good director would do made a very difficult decision admit he’d made that mistake and did something about it.

That set us back and we have had a pandemic, which has plainly affected the recruitment and retention process. This coupled with an unprecedented injury situation has led to a poor start to the season, but if you think The team under Furner with as many injuries would have competed as well as we have (nearly knocking saints out of the cup without any half backs) then Im sorry but your either blinkered or being disingenuous (IMO)
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain370
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20186 years276th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Aug 23 10:2511th Aug 23 17:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:25 am  
Shabino wrote:
Some fair points, but to suggest Sinfield is out of his depth is beyong belief. He will know everything there is about RL. He's won it all as a player. He's captained and been an ambassador for the club from the age most people are just getting vexed every weekend. I Also think the mentality of 'rebuilding' is wrong. teams are in constant flux these days. Players dunt tend to stay very long. The days of filling the team with one club players are gone. You could meticulously 'build' a team over 3 years, for the best players to then leave. We just have to work with what we have, season on season....

Sinfield was a great player, one of the very best in his generation, a born leader of the team. There is no question about that.
Regarding the recruitment, can you say on recruiting he has been brilliant, who employed Furner and gave Ablett another two years, the same person was told, either get rid of Furner or you go. Brilliant players do not always make great managers
5 years and we are no way close to a top team. There is still dross to remove from this team . Can he build a team I hope so, but for the last three years he has been here he has not done very well
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 06 20177 years67th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:2425th Mar 24 09:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:28 am  
People love banging on about how good Wigan are, and how well run they are. Erm what have they won in prior two seasons? What happened to them in their biggest game last season (no not the GF as that all became a debacle in the end, and was played in an empty stadium in Hull....!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain370
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20186 years276th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Aug 23 10:2511th Aug 23 17:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:30 am  
christopher wrote:
To say we are no better than when Furner was here is some top class revisionism.

Sinfield did employ Furner but as any good director would do made a very difficult decision admit he’d made that mistake and did something about it.

That set us back and we have had a pandemic, which has plainly affected the recruitment and retention process. This coupled with an unprecedented injury situation has led to a poor start to the season, but if you think The team under Furner with as many injuries would have competed as well as we have (nearly knocking saints out of the cup without any half backs) then Im sorry but your either blinkered or being disingenuous (IMO)

I expected you to comment, is Sinfield your brother, in your eyes he cannot do any wrong, it’s people like you who stop progress and change because it is you who is blinkered. We need some changes and less excuses, all teams have had to deal with the pandemic, I have also had to run my business through the pandemic, excuse after excuse from you.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200221 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:33 am  
Brodie123 wrote:
Sinfield was a great player, one of the very best in his generation, a born leader of the team. There is no question about that.
Regarding the recruitment, can you say on recruiting he has been brilliant, who employed Furner and gave Ablett another two years, the same person was told, either get rid of Furner or you go. Brilliant players do not always make great managers
5 years and we are no way close to a top team. There is still dross to remove from this team . Can he build a team I hope so, but for the last three years he has been here he has not done very well

Recruitment has been a mixed bag, but then youve got to remember the club when Sinfield took over was in a right old mess so a lot of the early signings will have been desperate signings to do one job - keep us in SL and they did that.

We still have people talking about the signings of Ablett, Crosby and Thompson (not bodene) as though that’s a barometer of how well sinfield has done, they were 3 years ago, since then we have signed Gale, Tetevano, Martin, Ava, Prior, hurrell, Merrin - now Merrin snd Ava through no fault of the club didn’t work out but they are all quality signings
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200221 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:35 am  
Brodie123 wrote:
I expected you to comment, is Sinfield your brother, in your eyes he cannot do any wrong, it’s people like you who stop progress and change because it is you who is blinkered. We need some changes and less excuses, all teams have had to deal with the pandemic, I have also had to run my business through the pandemic, excuse after excuse from you.

Utterly pointless discussing it if you’re going to be childish.

Oh and I’ve run my business through the pandemic aswell by the way.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1382
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 20203 years38th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:3428th Mar 24 21:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:40 am  
Shabino wrote:
People love banging on about how good Wigan are, and how well run they are. Erm what have they won in prior two seasons? What happened to them in their biggest game last season (no not the GF as that all became a debacle in the end, and was played in an empty stadium in Hull....!

Are you really suggesting that a CC semi final is a bigger game than the GF???
You surpass yourself at times.
:CRAZY:
All last season was a debacle, yet you continue to bang on about the CC win....
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200221 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:42 am  
Simmo71 wrote:
Are you really suggesting that a CC semi final is a bigger game than the GF???
You surpass yourself at times.
:CRAZY:
All last season was a debacle, yet you continue to bang on about the CC win....

The CC win was important to us as a club because the year before the CC loss was one of the lowest points in the clubs recent history
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1382
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 20203 years38th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:44 am  
The Eagle wrote:
I have no loyalty to Long, but I don't see what he can do. With no halves to work with he's got a job on. People in here seen to think you can slap a 6 shirt on someone, and with a couple of a training they'll be able to do the job.

You could turn Gale into a prop overnight, so why expect the opposite. The skills are not compatible. The game has clearly been to make the best of the situation, but the team gets slaughtered for running on the 5th.

With Gale now back, and others joining him as he gets back up to speed we'll hopefully see a bit more structure. If not, and it's still rubbish then absolutely Long needs to take some flak

Mate, I don’t think you can compare trying to turn Gale into a prop with trying to coach Liam Sutcliffe to add some value in the position he has always played in.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1382
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 20203 years38th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:46 am  
christopher wrote:
The CC win was important to us as a club because the year before the CC loss was one of the lowest points in the clubs recent history

Of course. We’ll all take the win.
But you can’t say the CC win is a great achievement and then say that the GF was a meaningless debacle.
Cant have it both ways I’m afraid.
PreviousNext