FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H)
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 06 20177 years68th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:2429th Mar 24 07:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 5:51 pm  
Some folk do come across a bit dense on here.
Do you think Holbrook coached Barba into the player he was, or Agar coached the Gale masterclass of Kicking vs Wigan in CC semi? Or anyone coached Long himself to play the way he did?
We need our best players back and ft before we know what this team is capable of. Main role of a coach is to keep a professional and confident camp..... Imho....
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200221 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Mar 24 19:1822nd Mar 24 16:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 5:58 pm  
Shabino wrote:
Do you think Holbrook coached Barba into the player he was, or Agar coached the Gale masterclass of Kicking vs Wigan in CC semi? Or anyone coached Long himself to play the way he did?
We need our best players back and ft before we know what this team is capable of. Main role of a coach is to keep a professional and confident camp..... Imho....

There are too many factors involved to just say a coach can make such a difference

Great sides have all the factors nailed, including luck with injuries
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1663No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 17 20177 years98th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 21:3829th Mar 24 07:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 6:34 pm  
Shabino wrote:

Pot calling the kettle here im afraid and your missing the point by a mile, its not just about coaching them into the player they are individualy, that process starts when theyr kids, good coaching at the top level is about putting the players into systems and structures that get the best out of them

You must think Sinfields dense because he's paying Long a wage to be our attack coach, whys he doing that? Whys he paying JJB to be our defense coach? He must have this silly notion that coaching matters.

Good players with good coaching beat good players with poor coaching.

If coaching wasnt massively important, clubs wouldnt be fighting over the good ones
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 20168 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th May 22 08:103rd May 22 22:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 7:43 pm  
Seth wrote:
So what you’re saying Marty is you’re equally ‘criticising’ the team as many others you’re saying are a joke for being critical. Yes my comment of briscoe is over the top and I apologise for that though again the frustration is that he’s one of many players who are now simply not the standard required and there’s too many in the squad (recognised starting players)and as you allude to yourself they’re getting contract extensions at the wrong time.

I was making a point re 9s as I agree, though my criticisms of basic skill errors extend to others ie regardless of Sutcliffe being out of position (though once a half) some of his contributions are very poor. Let’s not forget too how down on troops wakey are too it’s not like the opposition were a great threat

Im not sure what you are trying to argue about Seth to be honest. Ive said repeatedly on here our overseas signings have been poor and certain players shouldnt have got extensions. Ive said for 2 years were not at the standard of Saints and Wigan even at our best.

Just go back to the pages when the game was actually on last night and read the comments. My point, as i said in my post is weve players playing out of position, weve kids playing weekly, weve players just returning from injury, certain players are having to play longer minutes and weve around 10 players out. What part of that are you disagreeing with?

To be criticising the team the way some are when despite all of the above it is visably trying its best and competing most weeks is absolutely ridiculous. Some seem to have very unrealistic expectations of everyone at the club.

Chripes, we went to Saints with a half back pairing of Rhyse Martin and Cam Smith and competed. This team has a lot going against it at the moment and previous teams wouldve thrown the towel in but this team is choosing to compete weekly inspite of the limitations ive mentioned.

Cmon Seth, you are better than that.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 15 200519 years242nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Nov 23 19:1425th Jun 23 14:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 8:40 pm  
christopher wrote:
There are too many factors involved to just say a coach can make such a difference

Great sides have all the factors nailed, including luck with injuries
98 and 2004 the coaches made a difference and we were lucky with injuries 2005 some key injuries, think we were fairly stable 2015 some finals replacements have done well hall , smith walker , harris and cuthbo were unique in their time
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 15 200519 years242nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 8:48 pm  
christopher wrote:
I agree with you but I’m sick of reading our own fans belittling the CC win and what it meant to win it.

I don’t think either were a debacle and i can guarantee the players whi won either think that.
but it probably won't mean as much as 99 or 2014 for different reasons and one good game last year doesn't provide a get out of jail indefinately,
Ferdy 
RankPostsTeam
International Star5813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 02 201014 years292nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 22 06:2926th Mar 22 22:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 9:08 pm  
Well we got the two points which is the main thing. From last night prior and mik are quality props, I think king looks a decent signing good bench prop looked solid. Thought broadbent looked like he needed a rest he’s done well for us but looked like he needed a rest. Think myler coming back will be good and also helps out half backs from fullback. Was really impressed with O’Connor, good D. And gannon looks quality. Not having a go at Walter I like him for the future but you can tell he is a youngster getting into the team, gannon just looked like he belonged. I have never rated sutcliffe as a half we need a bit of stability with Gale and a settled standoff with myler at back and we will be ok.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 15 200519 years242nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 9:15 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Wasnt pretty, wasnt fluid, most of the time it wasnt organised but again the effort was there in bucketloads. The criticism of the team which is clearly giving its all is beyond a joke from our own "supporters". Weve kids all over the park, weve players playing out of position, weve players just returning from injury and around 10 players out. What the hell are you expecting the team to look like?

Our best 2 players this season Mikolaj and Prior have played most weeks, havent had injuries and have played in their natural positons. Funny that isnt it?

Have to say while the last penalty was the correct call it was marginal but the penalty to get Wakey level at 12 all for the tackle by Luke Briscoe, while again by the letter of the law was a correct call but if tackles like that are penalties the game needs to look at the rules again.

People saying Walters doesnt work hard enough, he makes 40 tackles most weeks, hes a kid and has played a lot of minutes this season already. He was off tonight, that happens with young forwards especially. Hes had a lot on his plate the last few months and has done well.

Broadbent has been solid and done a nice job for us but were beginning to see some weariness in him now, hes played every game apart from KR and its not easy for these kids. Hes not a natural full back and Myler should improve the team on his return hopefully.

I thought O'Connor played well, he will make 50 tackles most weeks in the middle of the park which is superb for any team. Hes a good kid.

Koni was hit and miss tonight but he is our biggest threat, needs a run of games now. Sutcliife, Mellor and Martin improved in the 2nd half.

Defensively we was ok, particularly in restricting yardage i thought. Like i say i thought the effort was there for all to see again.

Kicking game and last tackle plays very poor again but really we are playing with 1 half who is just returning from injury. Dummy half distribution well lets be kind and say it was bloody awful. People calling for both Leeming and Dwyer on at the same time must watch different stuff to me Im afraid.

Morgan Gannon superb, playing as a 17 year old prop tonight. Magnificent. No doubt people will call for him to play every week until he drops a ball when he will turn into another bum. Lets be patient with him. Bring him through gradually and weve a good one there. He looks very comfortable at this level.

Hopefully the return of Myler and Tetevano will help the team.

We needed a result tonight and got one. Lets be thankful for that and move onto next week.
so in effect like most people only fully happy with mik and prior but happy giving their all.... in the ground i'll sing for a team giving it's all and cheer a win but in analysis look at who's put us in the position of being happy with effort and it's not the injuries. either kev /gh recruited bad or kev/agar not good enough coaches
Seth 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6492No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 16 200420 years6th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:0728th Mar 24 21:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 9:59 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Im not sure what you are trying to argue about Seth to be honest. Ive said repeatedly on here our overseas signings have been poor and certain players shouldnt have got extensions. Ive said for 2 years were not at the standard of Saints and Wigan even at our best.

Just go back to the pages when the game was actually on last night and read the comments. My point, as i said in my post is weve players playing out of position, weve kids playing weekly, weve players just returning from injury, certain players are having to play longer minutes and weve around 10 players out. What part of that are you disagreeing with?

To be criticising the team the way some are when despite all of the above it is visably trying its best and competing most weeks is absolutely ridiculous. Some seem to have very unrealistic expectations of everyone at the club.

Chripes, we went to Saints with a half back pairing of Rhyse Martin and Cam Smith and competed. This team has a lot going against it at the moment and previous teams wouldve thrown the towel in but this team is choosing to compete weekly inspite of the limitations ive mentioned.

Cmon Seth, you are better than that.

I don't think I need to be better than anything. My criticisms are actually in line with the 'u9s/unprofessional' criticisms you made yourself. I think I'm experience enough to be able to discern when a team/player is getting the best out of themselves (or near) again taking mitigating factors in to account. I was full of praise for the team in the Wigan, cas and saints games and the team did themselves proud, similarly though I've been critical the last 3 weeks as they have been poor (yes, even for a team missing the players they are). This is alluded to by agar himself.

I'm not disagreeing with the statements you make but that actually its not the younger players that are the issue (who could have many mitigating factors for any indifferent performances) rather some senior players again as agar himself mentions. Many of these performances and (to quote agar) 'crazy stupid errors' go beyond mitigation, similar to your thoughts on the basic skill level of the 9s, that's not about players missing. . My confusion is that you seem to hit the roof when anyone says the performance is awful yet on the other hand have said similar. If it's the way over the top statements of mass clear outs you refer to then they're very few and far between I dont know why you let them get to you.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 20168 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th May 22 08:103rd May 22 22:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:05 pm  
Few and far between Seth? We are upto.page 38 and the game was only last night.
PreviousNext