FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H)
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player503No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 04 20204 years272nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Oct 22 19:552nd Oct 22 19:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 10:26 am  
RHINO-MARK wrote:
That should be a bare minimum for ANY sportsman/Team st any level.

It isn't though is it., loads of amateur and professional teams fall short every week.I thought our aggression was good and with a bit more confidence and a few players back and we'll be hard to beat.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 06 20177 years69th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:2429th Mar 24 07:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 10:28 am  
bdrhino wrote:
The most important thing is effort and commitment.As long as we have that the performances will come as soon as we are regularly able to put out something that resembles our best team.

Anyone who's ever played team sport knows this is really hard to achieve...!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2201No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 29 200518 years168th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 23:1823rd Mar 24 09:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Woody: Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: A little early, isn't it Woody?
Woody: For a beer?
Norm: No, for stupid questions.

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 10:31 am  
RHINO-MARK wrote:
That should be a bare minimum for ANY sportsman/Team st any level.

I agree but it has been sadly lacking in Some Leeds teams of the past. Including when Agar took over.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 06 20177 years69th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 10:33 am  
RHINO-MARK wrote:
"People who know about RL" He's an average to ok at best winger & should be nowhere near a Squad striving for GF's.
Tom has been a great servent but is 2yrs at least way past his best.
Mellor has been ok last year but pretty ordinary this year as has Martin.
That's 4 starting spots already thst need better quality before we even look at the quality 6 we desperately need ,through in journeymen like Bodene Thompson its clear this Squad is way off where it needs & aspires to be.

Tom's won everything in the game and played international RL. He's a confidence player.
Yes he's probably never been the player he was at Hull for us, but he'll be one obe of the players the young lads look up to too. I've met him and he's a lovely bloke.
I'd hate for him to read some of the abuse he gets on here.....
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 09 200419 years176th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Feb 24 21:0018th Oct 23 06:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Nottingham. 800 years ago outlaws stole from the rich. Little has changed here

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 10:36 am  
I have no loyalty to Long, but I don't see what he can do. With no halves to work with he's got a job on. People in here seen to think you can slap a 6 shirt on someone, and with a couple of a training they'll be able to do the job.

You could turn Gale into a prop overnight, so why expect the opposite. The skills are not compatible. The game has clearly been to make the best of the situation, but the team gets slaughtered for running on the 5th.

With Gale now back, and others joining him as he gets back up to speed we'll hopefully see a bit more structure. If not, and it's still rubbish then absolutely Long needs to take some flak
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 06 20177 years69th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 10:44 am  
The Eagle wrote:
I have no loyalty to Long, but I don't see what he can do. With no halves to work with he's got a job on. People in here seen to think you can slap a 6 shirt on someone, and with a couple of a training they'll be able to do the job.

You could turn Gale into a prop overnight, so why expect the opposite. The skills are not compatible. The game has clearly been to make the best of the situation, but the team gets slaughtered for running on the 5th.

With Gale now back, and others joining him as he gets back up to speed we'll hopefully see a bit more structure. If not, and it's still rubbish then absolutely Long needs to take some flak

Your pretty much born a half. Vision, flare, rugby brain. That's why good ones are so rare.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain370
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20186 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Aug 23 10:2511th Aug 23 17:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 10:45 am  
4/ 5 years should be long enough to rebuild a team, frankly we are little better now than when Furner was in charge. One decent game every 4/5 games. There has to be some form of change as to what is happening. Last night was shocking, not in effort , there was plenty of effort, but that’s about it. A big shout about injuries, OK, injuries are a part, but Wakefield had there injuries to their big players, we played the kids, our kids were the better players on the field. People oh here need to stop making excuses for what is happening. Across the city in the round ball game, nearly all season the team has been playing with players that was from the Championship, they are holding their own because they have a great coach who makes them better.
Unfortunately, we have the three wise men Agar, GH and Sinfield, some of the signings have been terrible, some of the contract handed out have not been fit for purpose, yet some people on here who think they know the game, because they played it, or did some coaching think they know more than others, have little or no idea other than to give excuse after excuse, and tell others they are wrong and know nothing about the game.
I’m ready to be shot down, but before you shoot me down, look at Saints or Wigan , they lose players every year to the NRL, they replace them with quality or put in kids who simply slot into the team , rarely are they ever outside of the top 4 and they nearly always complete in finals. What are the differences between them and us.
Simply they know how to run the playing side of the rugby club, they know how to recruit and how and when to introduce their kids. We are still buying experiments, taking chances etc, trying to build a team on the cheap , yet on here some try and justify this support the team through thick an thin. Others are not allowed to say otherwise because rhet get torn to pieces.
Sinfield as a player was one of the greats of his generation, it doesn’t mean he is good in his Director of Rugby roll. He employed Furner, Agar, have we improved, ( watch us beat Hull next Sunday)
If we won't make changes in individuals we need to change the plan, it has to be changed to get the very best out of the kids, and to make sure that NRL players want to play for Leeds as opposed to Wire, Saints or Wigan. We are now 8th in the league, closer to the bottom than the top, mid table some will say mid table, I will say cream of the crap.
Next week, I am lucky I will be sat in the room with GH, I cannot wait to have my say to him, afterwards he will know that I for one are not happy and I will ask him how long does he expect the rebuild to go on.
If they don’t change the plan and quickly then they need to make changes to the coach etc
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 06 20177 years69th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 10:57 am  
Brodie123 wrote:
4/ 5 years should be long enough to rebuild a team, frankly we are little better now than when Furner was in charge. One decent game every 4/5 games. There has to be some form of change as to what is happening. Last night was shocking, not in effort , there was plenty of effort, but that’s about it. A big shout about injuries, OK, injuries are a part, but Wakefield had there injuries to their big players, we played the kids, our kids were the better players on the field. People oh here need to stop making excuses for what is happening. Across the city in the round ball game, nearly all season the team has been playing with players that was from the Championship, they are holding their own because they have a great coach who makes them better.
Unfortunately, we have the three wise men Agar, GH and Sinfield, some of the signings have been terrible, some of the contract handed out have not been fit for purpose, yet some people on here who think they know the game, because they played it, or did some coaching think they know more than others, have little or no idea other than to give excuse after excuse, and tell others they are wrong and know nothing about the game.
I’m ready to be shot down, but before you shoot me down, look at Saints or Wigan , they lose players every year to the NRL, they replace them with quality or put in kids who simply slot into the team , rarely are they ever outside of the top 4 and they nearly always complete in finals. What are the differences between them and us.
Simply they know how to run the playing side of the rugby club, they know how to recruit and how and when to introduce their kids. We are still buying experiments, taking chances etc, trying to build a team on the cheap , yet on here some try and justify this support the team through thick an thin. Others are not allowed to say otherwise because rhet get torn to pieces.
Sinfield as a player was one of the greats of his generation, it doesn’t mean he is good in his Director of Rugby roll. He employed Furner, Agar, have we improved, ( watch us beat Hull next Sunday)
If we won't make changes in individuals we need to change the plan, it has to be changed to get the very best out of the kids, and to make sure that NRL players want to play for Leeds as opposed to Wire, Saints or Wigan. We are now 8th in the league, closer to the bottom than the top, mid table some will say mid table, I will say cream of the crap.
Next week, I am lucky I will be sat in the room with GH, I cannot wait to have my say to him, afterwards he will know that I for one are not happy and I will ask him how long does he expect the rebuild to go on.
If they don’t change the plan and quickly then they need to make changes to the coach etc

Some fair points, but to suggest Sinfield is out of his depth is beyong belief. He will know everything there is about RL. He's won it all as a player. He's captained and been an ambassador for the club from the age most people are just getting vexed every weekend. I Also think the mentality of 'rebuilding' is wrong. teams are in constant flux these days. Players dunt tend to stay very long. The days of filling the team with one club players are gone. You could meticulously 'build' a team over 3 years, for the best players to then leave. We just have to work with what we have, season on season....
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6766
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 02 200222 years47th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:3928th Mar 24 22:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) : Sat May 15, 2021 11:07 am  
Good post Brodie and I think thats the crux of it the rebuild that`s taking far too long to come to fruition.
Some of the senior players let us down again last night.
Handley, Sutcliffe, Dwyer, Leeming, Briscoe were poor.
Mellor gave away a fair few penalties, Hurrell for a marquee player did nothing first half and Gales last tackle options were not to his standard.
Mik, and Prior very good along with Gannon and O`Connor.
At the end of the day we got 2 points against a very average but hard working Wakefield who had injuries to key players on the night and have not won a game all season.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 06 20177 years69th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: On the Tube : Sat May 15, 2021 11:19 am  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
It was weird that you were commenting about listening on the radio when it was live on Youtube free to air. Which the club had done a decent job of promoting.

As for suggesting that Rugby League is too complicated, I don't think anyone has ever said that about the sport (although it's more complex than some would like to paint).
I'd hate to see what you think of other sports.

I like the radio because I can do other things (was cooking) whilst listening. I wouldn't have watched it live anyway. I can also turn radio station over for a bit if it's getting too dire..!
Just come back from hols so missed the promo.... Will they be showing any more games on the Tube?
PreviousNext