RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A)
Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) Thu May 06, 2021 8:30 am  

Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
Zoo Zoo Boom Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:38 am
Posts: 443
christopher wrote:
See i knew could spin it ;-)


Is that even English?

Just answer the question - it isn't difficult - no doubt you will be able to polish the turd - over to you :D
Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) Thu May 06, 2021 9:15 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2850
Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
Coaching is about getting the best out of the players that are available - even by Agar's own comments the senior players aren't performing. The discipline on the field is terrible, simple passing and handling errors are numerous and avoidable. Simple defensive structures not adhered to - maybe that gives us a clue as why we don't look well coached - because the team isn't well coached?


Simple defensive structures may possibly fall down when players change roles the day before a game dont you think? In the main defensively weve done ok so far this year tho i think. Plenty of effort no doubt about that.

Our main issue has been attacking especially near the line, last tackle plays and our kicking game in general has been poor also. Which comes down partly to have 2nd rowers and hookers playing in those key roles.

Take Harry Kane out and put Pickford up front and England wouldnt score as many goals believe me. Doesnt mean Southgate should be sacked just means he needs his main striker back to score goals.

Take a cow out of a field and replace him with a kangaroo and you wont have much milk for your coco pops tomorrow morning.

Its not that hard to grasp really.
Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) Thu May 06, 2021 9:24 am  

ArthurClues wrote:
ArthurClues Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:10 pm
Posts: 518
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Simple defensive structures may possibly fall down when players change roles the day before a game dont you think? In the main defensively weve done ok so far this year tho i think. Plenty of effort no doubt about that.

Our main issue has been attacking especially near the line, last tackle plays and our kicking game in general has been poor also. Which comes down partly to have 2nd rowers and hookers playing in those key roles.

Take Harry Kane out and put Pickford up front and England wouldnt score as many goals believe me. Doesnt mean Southgate should be sacked just means he needs his main striker back to score goals.

Take a cow out of a field and replace him with a kangaroo and you wont have much milk for your coco pops tomorrow morning.

Its not that hard to grasp really.

Ridiculous Marty! Everybody knows that as professional players all should be able to perform to a high skill in any position and if they can't it's the coaches fault. The golden generation would have shifted Kylie and Peacock to half back and JJB to full back, before hammering Wigan and Saints into oblivion. Let the truth set you free!
Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) Thu May 06, 2021 9:37 am  

Shabino wrote:
Shabino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:39 pm
Posts: 1152
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Simple defensive structures may possibly fall down when players change roles the day before a game dont you think? In the main defensively weve done ok so far this year tho i think. Plenty of effort no doubt about that.

Our main issue has been attacking especial, lly near the line, last tackle plays and our kicking game in general has been poor also. Which comes down partly to have 2nd rowers and hookers playing in those key roles.

Take Harry Kane out and put Pickford up front and England wouldnt score as many goals believe me. Doesnt mean Southgate should be sacked just means he needs his main striker back to score goals.

Take a cow out of a field and replace him with a kangaroo and you wont have much milk for your coco pops tomorrow morning.

Its not that hard to grasp really.


Unless you are vegan like me and like oat milk far more than cows!
Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) Thu May 06, 2021 9:40 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2850
ArthurClues wrote:
Ridiculous Marty! Everybody knows that as professional players all should be able to perform to a high skill in any position and if they can't it's the coaches fault. The golden generation would have shifted Kylie and Peacock to half back and JJB to full back, before hammering Wigan and Saints into oblivion. Let the truth set you free!


Kristan Woolf is so good at Saints that if Grace and Makinson are ever out Alex Walmsley is fully prepared, primed and ready to cover either wing spot at the drop of a hat.

Its called multi skilling Agar. When did Mikolaj last put a grubber in at training ffs? If Tetevano hasnt used his ban to learn the full back role im gonna be absolutely fuming.

Look at Wigan as a prime example, they trained Tony Clubb up for years to have a kicking game and when the chance came to put a bomb up in a Grand Final he took it with ease.

The fact that neither Rhyse Martin or Kruise Leeming was nowhere near Brett Kenny standard after a training session says all we need to know about Agar.
Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) Thu May 06, 2021 10:09 am  

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:40 pm
Posts: 3559
Location: Meltham
Marty is not fair to say that even given the context (which I think most accept) many player performances have not been up to scratch the last 2 games? Even Agar alludes to this. Ie discipline and unforced errors as a responsibility fall outside the issue of players missing. You’re talking about context but not getting the context of others concerns and you don’t need to exaggerate to make your point it just gets silly.
Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) Thu May 06, 2021 10:27 am  

Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
Zoo Zoo Boom Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:38 am
Posts: 443
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Simple defensive structures may possibly fall down when players change roles the day before a game dont you think? In the main defensively weve done ok so far this year tho i think. Plenty of effort no doubt about that.

Our main issue has been attacking especially near the line, last tackle plays and our kicking game in general has been poor also. Which comes down partly to have 2nd rowers and hookers playing in those key roles.

Take Harry Kane out and put Pickford up front and England wouldnt score as many goals believe me. Doesnt mean Southgate should be sacked just means he needs his main striker back to score goals.

Take a cow out of a field and replace him with a kangaroo and you wont have much milk for your coco pops tomorrow morning.

Its not that hard to grasp really.


Fair point but I think Mellor defending as a centre should really have the impact of Harry Kane playing in goals? These are professional players - Tom Briscoe letting every winger he comes against beat him on the outside isn't a defensive structural issue.

That still doesn't excuse poor execution of basic skills and terrible on field discipline - Myler being but one example.
Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) Thu May 06, 2021 10:32 am  

Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
Zoo Zoo Boom Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:38 am
Posts: 443
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Kristan Woolf is so good at Saints that if Grace and Makinson are ever out Alex Walmsley is fully prepared, primed and ready to cover either wing spot at the drop of a hat.

Its called multi skilling Agar. When did Mikolaj last put a grubber in at training ffs? If Tetevano hasnt used his ban to learn the full back role im gonna be absolutely fuming.

Look at Wigan as a prime example, they trained Tony Clubb up for years to have a kicking game and when the chance came to put a bomb up in a Grand Final he took it with ease.

The fact that neither Rhyse Martin or Kruise Leeming was nowhere near Brett Kenny standard after a training session says all we need to know about Agar.


Of course - but the coach has stated in post match interviews that senior players are not performing - attitude is bad - all the above is a smokescreen for what is really going on - is the coach getting the best out of the available players - now take your blinkers off and answer honestly.

Neither Martin nor Leeming should be anywhere near a top 4 side - that's why there at Leeds - Martin could at least get fit.
Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) Thu May 06, 2021 11:01 am  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10130
Location: West Yorkshire
Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
Of course - but the coach has stated in post match interviews that senior players are not performing - attitude is bad - all the above is a smokescreen for what is really going on - is the coach getting the best out of the available players - now take your blinkers off and answer honestly.

Neither Martin nor Leeming should be anywhere near a top 4 side - that's why there at Leeds - Martin could at least get fit.


Leeming, who’s just been called into the England squad? That Leeming?
Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) Thu May 06, 2021 11:03 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2850
Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
Of course - but the coach has stated in post match interviews that senior players are not performing - attitude is bad - all the above is a smokescreen for what is really going on - is the coach getting the best out of the available players - now take your blinkers off and answer honestly.

Neither Martin nor Leeming should be anywhere near a top 4 side - that's why there at Leeds - Martin could at least get fit.


You think the players attitude is bad? I dont see that at all. Other than KR, which was poor, i cant say the players have lacked effort, far from it. I see a team giving all it has most weeks. Certainly a lack of quality in certain areas but absolutely not a lack of attitude. Jeez the performance at Saints was equal of any grand final win in terms of grit and determination.

Sundays game was poor quality and frustrating but certainly not down to attitude in my opinion.

I do believe Gale, Tetevano and Myler are important players for us and any team would struggle minus 3 big players. When they return along with Lui, Newman, Holroyd, Smith etc we will be fine but that comes down to expectation doesnt it?

I honestly think people on here expect this team to be as good as the golden team, that isnt fair and isnt realistic. Those daya are gone. With a full team we are capable of pushing for 4th along with a few other teams such as Hull, Wire, Catalans etc. Thats where we are.

Everytime we lose its Agar out which again comes down to expectations. We arent a grand final team yet, those days are over for now as i say. Is he the man to lead us back there? Probably not. Is he a steady hand to guide us on the right path right now? I believe so.

Weve had so many injuries in key positions that i think we all agree its a difficult, nigh on impossible, job for any coach at the minute. Lets see how team does in a few week.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dadsylad, Google Adsense [Bot], OldFart2 and 143 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sat 18th Sep
NRL
LIVE
Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH
LIVE
Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1
LIVE
Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SLRND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
NRL RND: 27 Manly42-6Sydney
Thu 16th Sep
SL RND: 25 Castleford24-40Warrington
Sun 12th Sep
SLRND: 24 Leigh26-18Wakefield
NRL RND: 26 Parramatta28-20Newcastle
CH RND: 21 Batley24-31Dewsbury
CH RND: 21 LondonB28-48Featherstone
CH RND: 21 Oldham24-38Newcastle
CH RND: 21 Whitehaven19-6Halifax
CH RND: 21 Widnes10-9Bradford
CH RND: 21 Sheffield28-34Swinton
L1 RND: 21 Workington14-32Hunslet
L1 RND: 21 Doncaster26-28Keighley
L1 RND: 21 Rochdale50-22Coventry
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Huddersfield 23 418 492 -74 16 84.96 34.78
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 21 332 828 -496 4 40.10 9.52
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Doncaster 17 472 390 82 22 121.03 64.71
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 18 562 435 127 20 129.20 55.56
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::