FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A)
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 11 20203 years151st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 12:3326th Mar 24 12:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) : Thu May 06, 2021 8:30 am  
christopher wrote:
See i knew could spin it ;-)

Is that even English?

Just answer the question - it isn't difficult - no doubt you will be able to polish the turd - over to you :D
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 20168 years82nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th May 22 08:103rd May 22 22:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) : Thu May 06, 2021 9:15 am  
Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
Coaching is about getting the best out of the players that are available - even by Agar's own comments the senior players aren't performing. The discipline on the field is terrible, simple passing and handling errors are numerous and avoidable. Simple defensive structures not adhered to - maybe that gives us a clue as why we don't look well coached - because the team isn't well coached?

Simple defensive structures may possibly fall down when players change roles the day before a game dont you think? In the main defensively weve done ok so far this year tho i think. Plenty of effort no doubt about that.

Our main issue has been attacking especially near the line, last tackle plays and our kicking game in general has been poor also. Which comes down partly to have 2nd rowers and hookers playing in those key roles.

Take Harry Kane out and put Pickford up front and England wouldnt score as many goals believe me. Doesnt mean Southgate should be sacked just means he needs his main striker back to score goals.

Take a cow out of a field and replace him with a kangaroo and you wont have much milk for your coco pops tomorrow morning.

Its not that hard to grasp really.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player2311No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 20204 years9th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 24 12:0224th Mar 24 11:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) : Thu May 06, 2021 9:24 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Simple defensive structures may possibly fall down when players change roles the day before a game dont you think? In the main defensively weve done ok so far this year tho i think. Plenty of effort no doubt about that.

Our main issue has been attacking especially near the line, last tackle plays and our kicking game in general has been poor also. Which comes down partly to have 2nd rowers and hookers playing in those key roles.

Take Harry Kane out and put Pickford up front and England wouldnt score as many goals believe me. Doesnt mean Southgate should be sacked just means he needs his main striker back to score goals.

Take a cow out of a field and replace him with a kangaroo and you wont have much milk for your coco pops tomorrow morning.

Ridiculous Marty! Everybody knows that as professional players all should be able to perform to a high skill in any position and if they can't it's the coaches fault. The golden generation would have shifted Kylie and Peacock to half back and JJB to full back, before hammering Wigan and Saints into oblivion. Let the truth set you free!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 06 20177 years67th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:2425th Mar 24 09:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) : Thu May 06, 2021 9:37 am  

Our main issue has been attacking especial, lly near the line, last tackle plays and our kicking game in general has been poor also. Which comes down partly to have 2nd rowers and hookers playing in those key roles.

Unless you are vegan like me and like oat milk far more than cows!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 20168 years82nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) : Thu May 06, 2021 9:40 am  
ArthurClues wrote:
Ridiculous Marty! Everybody knows that as professional players all should be able to perform to a high skill in any position and if they can't it's the coaches fault. The golden generation would have shifted Kylie and Peacock to half back and JJB to full back, before hammering Wigan and Saints into oblivion. Let the truth set you free!

Kristan Woolf is so good at Saints that if Grace and Makinson are ever out Alex Walmsley is fully prepared, primed and ready to cover either wing spot at the drop of a hat.

Its called multi skilling Agar. When did Mikolaj last put a grubber in at training ffs? If Tetevano hasnt used his ban to learn the full back role im gonna be absolutely fuming.

Look at Wigan as a prime example, they trained Tony Clubb up for years to have a kicking game and when the chance came to put a bomb up in a Grand Final he took it with ease.

The fact that neither Rhyse Martin or Kruise Leeming was nowhere near Brett Kenny standard after a training session says all we need to know about Agar.
Seth 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6492No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 16 200420 years6th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:0728th Mar 24 21:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) : Thu May 06, 2021 10:09 am  
Marty is not fair to say that even given the context (which I think most accept) many player performances have not been up to scratch the last 2 games? Even Agar alludes to this. Ie discipline and unforced errors as a responsibility fall outside the issue of players missing. You’re talking about context but not getting the context of others concerns and you don’t need to exaggerate to make your point it just gets silly.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 11 20203 years151st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) : Thu May 06, 2021 10:27 am  

Fair point but I think Mellor defending as a centre should really have the impact of Harry Kane playing in goals? These are professional players - Tom Briscoe letting every winger he comes against beat him on the outside isn't a defensive structural issue.

That still doesn't excuse poor execution of basic skills and terrible on field discipline - Myler being but one example.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 11 20203 years151st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) : Thu May 06, 2021 10:32 am  
Kristan Woolf is so good at Saints that if Grace and Makinson are ever out Alex Walmsley is fully prepared, primed and ready to cover either wing spot at the drop of a hat.

Its called multi skilling Agar. When did Mikolaj last put a grubber in at training ffs? If Tetevano hasnt used his ban to learn the full back role im gonna be absolutely fuming.

Look at Wigan as a prime example, they trained Tony Clubb up for years to have a kicking game and when the chance came to put a bomb up in a Grand Final he took it with ease.

The fact that neither Rhyse Martin or Kruise Leeming was nowhere near Brett Kenny standard after a training session says all we need to know about Agar.

Of course - but the coach has stated in post match interviews that senior players are not performing - attitude is bad - all the above is a smokescreen for what is really going on - is the coach getting the best out of the available players - now take your blinkers off and answer honestly.

Neither Martin nor Leeming should be anywhere near a top 4 side - that's why there at Leeds - Martin could at least get fit.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200221 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Mar 24 19:1822nd Mar 24 16:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) : Thu May 06, 2021 11:01 am  
Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
Of course - but the coach has stated in post match interviews that senior players are not performing - attitude is bad - all the above is a smokescreen for what is really going on - is the coach getting the best out of the available players - now take your blinkers off and answer honestly.

Neither Martin nor Leeming should be anywhere near a top 4 side - that's why there at Leeds - Martin could at least get fit.

Leeming, who’s just been called into the England squad? That Leeming?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 20168 years82nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RD 5 | Huddersfield Giants (A) : Thu May 06, 2021 11:03 am  
Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:

You think the players attitude is bad? I dont see that at all. Other than KR, which was poor, i cant say the players have lacked effort, far from it. I see a team giving all it has most weeks. Certainly a lack of quality in certain areas but absolutely not a lack of attitude. Jeez the performance at Saints was equal of any grand final win in terms of grit and determination.

Sundays game was poor quality and frustrating but certainly not down to attitude in my opinion.

I do believe Gale, Tetevano and Myler are important players for us and any team would struggle minus 3 big players. When they return along with Lui, Newman, Holroyd, Smith etc we will be fine but that comes down to expectation doesnt it?

I honestly think people on here expect this team to be as good as the golden team, that isnt fair and isnt realistic. Those daya are gone. With a full team we are capable of pushing for 4th along with a few other teams such as Hull, Wire, Catalans etc. Thats where we are.

Everytime we lose its Agar out which again comes down to expectations. We arent a grand final team yet, those days are over for now as i say. Is he the man to lead us back there? Probably not. Is he a steady hand to guide us on the right path right now? I believe so.

Weve had so many injuries in key positions that i think we all agree its a difficult, nigh on impossible, job for any coach at the minute. Lets see how team does in a few week.
PreviousNext