RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rob Burrow MBE
Re: Rob Burrow | Fundraising Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:22 pm  

User avatarflipper wrote:
flipper User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:42 pm
Posts: 17951

Cricket!
Join now for 2021 - please get in touch
if you are interested in getting involved as a player, supporter or sponsor, please get in touch.
https://headingleybramhopecricket.co.uk/

https://twitter.com/headingleycc?lang=en
https://www.instagram.com/headingleybramhopecc/?hl=en
Re: Rob Burrow | Fundraising Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:22 pm  

doc-rhino wrote:
doc-rhino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 1346
doc-rhino wrote:
last day to donate on this fundraiser for mnd and make a wish : ---To donate to MND Association:
http://www.facebook.com/donate/698641071060609/
http://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/docstoc47
To donate to Make A Wish :
http://www.facebook.com/donate/2623091828002269/
http://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/docstoc48
Please note, if splitting your donation between the two charities please use different amounts.

30 acts played over 2 days viewable here or on the fundraiser pages -- 7 of them playing again next saturday for make a wish


raised 423.75 for mnd and 335.00 for make a wish -- fb donation pages closed , just giving may be open , starting on 19th dec xmas party
Re: Rob Burrow | Fundraising Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:07 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2883
I was asked by Rob if i would help contribute to his new book a few weeks back which i deemed a great honour.

This week i spoke with the writer sharing tales of the great man for 90 mins from his academy debut at St Helens to the present day. Very emotional i have to say.

Hopefully the book will do Rob justice once complete and released and make a few bob for the MND Association.
Re: Rob Burrow | Fundraising Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:34 pm  
The Biffs Back User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 4694
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
I was asked by Rob if i would help contribute to his new book a few weeks back which i deemed a great honour.

This week i spoke with the writer sharing tales of the great man for 90 mins from his academy debut at St Helens to the present day. Very emotional i have to say.

Hopefully the book will do Rob justice once complete and released and make a few bob for the MND Association.


Massive compliment for you Marty with Rob asking you to contribute to his new book
Without giving too much away or spoiling your contribution to the book Marty How far back do you go with Rob and in what capacity?
"...To those people that wrote this team off...
to all those that criticised this team...
tonight's for you"

Sir Kevin Sinfield
Re: Rob Burrow | Fundraising Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:24 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2883
The Biffs Back wrote:
Massive compliment for you Marty with Rob asking you to contribute to his new book
Without giving too much away or spoiling your contribution to the book Marty How far back do you go with Rob and in what capacity?


Purely as a fan who goes to most of the academy/scholarship games home and away and obviously with small crowds you get to see and meet family members and players coming thru the system and also people at the club. I was very lucky to watch all the golden generation come thru and built some fantastic relationships that still stand now. The way i was treated at that time was truly incredible.

With Rob in particular i was there when he made his academy debut at St Helens, stood with his parents at many a game and watched him come thru.

When he became Academy coach i started to chat with him weekly, we would message each other on twitter about games and players and built a nice relationship in a way which led to swapping numbers.

Apparantly players have terrible memories about games and years so the writer asked if there was anyone who he knew that could help and maybe give a fans perspective so Rob text me a few weeks back asking if i would like to get involved which was an absolute honour and very humbling to be asked.
Re: Rob Burrow | Fundraising Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:27 am  
The Biffs Back User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 4694
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Purely as a fan who goes to most of the academy/scholarship games home and away and obviously with small crowds you get to see and meet family members and players coming thru the system and also people at the club. I was very lucky to watch all the golden generation come thru and built some fantastic relationships that still stand now. The way i was treated at that time was truly incredible.

With Rob in particular i was there when he made his academy debut at St Helens, stood with his parents at many a game and watched him come thru.

When he became Academy coach i started to chat with him weekly, we would message each other on twitter about games and players and built a nice relationship in a way which led to swapping numbers.

Apparantly players have terrible memories about games and years so the writer asked if there was anyone who he knew that could help and maybe give a fans perspective so Rob text me a few weeks back asking if i would like to get involved which was an absolute honour and very humbling to be asked.


Lovely that Marty cheers, I Can't wait for the book
"...To those people that wrote this team off...
to all those that criticised this team...
tonight's for you"

Sir Kevin Sinfield
Re: Rob Burrow | Fundraising Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:27 pm  

doc-rhino wrote:
doc-rhino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 1346
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Purely as a fan who goes to most of the academy/scholarship games home and away and obviously with small crowds you get to see and meet family members and players coming thru the system and also people at the club. I was very lucky to watch all the golden generation come thru and built some fantastic relationships that still stand now. The way i was treated at that time was truly incredible.

With Rob in particular i was there when he made his academy debut at St Helens, stood with his parents at many a game and watched him come thru.

When he became Academy coach i started to chat with him weekly, we would message each other on twitter about games and players and built a nice relationship in a way which led to swapping numbers.

Apparantly players have terrible memories about games and years so the writer asked if there was anyone who he knew that could help and maybe give a fans perspective so Rob text me a few weeks back asking if i would like to get involved which was an absolute honour and very humbling to be asked.

can't be many that watch all levels like that, did jason robinson ever try out
Re: Rob Burrow | Fundraising Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:40 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2883
doc-rhino wrote:
can't be many that watch all levels like that, did jason robinson ever try out


No mate. He was Wigan bound long before Academy days.
Re: Rob Burrow | Fundraising Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:19 pm  

doc-rhino wrote:
doc-rhino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 1346
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
No mate. He was Wigan bound long before Academy days.

was there no truth that gary stephens turned him away in favour of gareth
Re: Rob Burrow | Fundraising Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:11 pm  

Superted wrote:
Superted Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:39 pm
Posts: 1606
doc-rhino wrote:
was there no truth that gary stephens turned him away in favour of gareth

That was Bob Pickles if I remember correctly - we were looking at both as half-backs, we went with Stephens, the rest is painful history....
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andyleeds08, ArthurClues, Clearwing, Dadsylad, fanstanningley, Google [Bot], KaeruJim, Marty Grrrrrrrrrr!, mattsrhinos1978, OldFart2, RHINO-MARK, Seth, tad rhino, Trebor1 and 336 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Fri 24th Sep
SL RND: 26 Warrington0-19Hull KR
NRL RND: 28 Souths36-16Manly
Thu 23rd Sep
SL RND: 26 Wigan0-8Leeds
Sun 19th Sep
SL RND: 25 Huddersfield42-24Leigh
CH RND: 22 Bradford22-36Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury21-14Oldham
CH RND: 22 Featherstone78-10Sheffield
CH RND: 22 Halifax10-12Batley
CH RND: 22 Swinton16-26Widnes
CH RND: 22 York30-22LondonB
L1 RND: 22 Doncaster31-10Hunslet
WSL RND: 16 St.HelensW52-0WiganW
WSL RND: 16 YorkW28-14CastlefordW
Sat 18th Sep
NRL RND: 27 Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH RND: 22 Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1 RND: 22 Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SLRND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::