26th Jan 14 23:4919th Jan 14 09:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tompkins - Four Nations Boycott : Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:35 am  
AdmiralHanson wrote:
At least the incident is being 'invetigated' :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 695413.stm

But frankly folks, we all know what the standards of an RFL investigation are and increasingly, Red Hall has been acting like some Third World Banana Republic (after all, when was any player of any colour last suspended for a cup final / grand final ? Thus, giving abolustely no incentive to behave). Does anyone realistically think that someone on (one would suspect) a salary in excess of a hundred thousand per year be bothered by couple of hundred pounds 'slap on the wrist' by the RFL ?

Much has been made by the booing of him at the Exiles game (and whilst I didn't partake of it myself, I can understand the reactions towards him, given his penalty-milking antics across Northern England) but it is worthwhile considering that Leeds fans seem to have been blamed for the booing, most of the regular Leeds fans were in their regular places in the South Stand and thus, you'd expect the noise to come from the regular places (e.g the back etc.) ... It didn't and from what I could see, most of the noise was coming from down the front and sides, where there were groups of (amongst others) Cas and Hull (both sets) fans. To label it a Leeds problem only is laughable.

And, given the supposed respect campaign towards match officials, check out the reaction of Sam Tompkins towards Rob Hicks after the scoring of the last Ryan Hall try at Wembley ... A flurry of screaming abuse towards someone doing their job to the best of their abilities.

Both these incidents of behaviour are not acceptable and should not be tolerated.

Interestingly, in Aussie Rules (a game noted for its biff once-upon-a-time), they used to double the length of bans for trouble during showpiece occasions, but don't expect anything as forward thinking from the RFL.

Brining me on to my main point, in a couple of weeks time, Leeds fans will be asked by the RFL to unite behind the odious Sam Tompkins and his slightly less odious brother Joel kick-a-man-on-the-ground Tompkins as if nothing has happend.

Well folks, if you support this idea, things could be different this year and perhaps force the RFL's hand in to taking some serious action against these sort of antics.

Do not dismiss 'fan power' and power of the pounds in Leeds fans pockets. After all, why do you think the Exiles game was played at Leeds and heavily pluged to Leeds fans in an attempt to get them to turn up ? I would estimate that at some internationals that Leeds fans make up some 20% - 25% of the fans attended.

Take those levels of fans away and it going to hit the RFL in somewhere where they will finally start to take notice ... Their back pockets. I would suggest that the Four Nations runs on margins where a 20% drop in projected revenue is going to make a serious difference.

So, what can you do ?

I know some of you will have got tickets for the England games already and that's fair enough .... But for those of you that haven't and were thinking of going, do you really want to pay your hard earned cash towards someone that shows that level of contempt towards you ?

Is Sam Tompkins worthy of representing this nation on the back of those sort of antics and abuse towards match officials ?

The ball is very much in the RFL's court and if they fail to deal with this matter, then our response is to not support the 'national' team.

You might also want to consider boycotting England shirts and merchandise (they don't look very good anyway) and / or withdrawing your email address and details from RFL mailing lists.

Wembley is going to look very big and very empty without the thousands of Leeds fans that otherwise would be there .... And let's see the RFL try and fill it with Wigan 'bandwaggoners' and Hunslet fans etc. They need us down there far more than we need them (you could always watch the national side getting hammered on Sky, if you're that interested)

you cant even be bothered to support your own team down there never mind England, :BOOHOO: :BOOHOO: :BOOHOO: :BOOHOO: :BOOHOO:

as for tomkins wild rant at the touch judge looks to me if he was just asking if the pass was forward. seems like you like to exagerate a little
AdmiralHanson wrote:

But frankly folks, we all know what the standards of an RFL investigation are and increasingly, Red Hall has been acting like some Third World Banana Republic (after all, when was any player of any colour last suspended for a cup final / grand final ? Thus, giving abolustely no incentive to behave). Does anyone realistically think that someone on (one would suspect) a salary in excess of a hundred thousand per year be bothered by couple of hundred pounds 'slap on the wrist' by the RFL ?

Much has been made by the booing of him at the Exiles game (and whilst I didn't partake of it myself, I can understand the reactions towards him, given his penalty-milking antics across Northern England) but it is worthwhile considering that Leeds fans seem to have been blamed for the booing, most of the regular Leeds fans were in their regular places in the South Stand and thus, you'd expect the noise to come from the regular places (e.g the back etc.) ... It didn't and from what I could see, most of the noise was coming from down the front and sides, where there were groups of (amongst others) Cas and Hull (both sets) fans. To label it a Leeds problem only is laughable.

And, given the supposed respect campaign towards match officials, check out the reaction of Sam Tompkins towards Rob Hicks after the scoring of the last Ryan Hall try at Wembley ... A flurry of screaming abuse towards someone doing their job to the best of their abilities.

Both these incidents of behaviour are not acceptable and should not be tolerated.

Interestingly, in Aussie Rules (a game noted for its biff once-upon-a-time), they used to double the length of bans for trouble during showpiece occasions, but don't expect anything as forward thinking from the RFL.

Brining me on to my main point, in a couple of weeks time, Leeds fans will be asked by the RFL to unite behind the odious Sam Tompkins and his slightly less odious brother Joel kick-a-man-on-the-ground Tompkins as if nothing has happend.

Well folks, if you support this idea, things could be different this year and perhaps force the RFL's hand in to taking some serious action against these sort of antics.

Do not dismiss 'fan power' and power of the pounds in Leeds fans pockets. After all, why do you think the Exiles game was played at Leeds and heavily pluged to Leeds fans in an attempt to get them to turn up ? I would estimate that at some internationals that Leeds fans make up some 20% - 25% of the fans attended.

Take those levels of fans away and it going to hit the RFL in somewhere where they will finally start to take notice ... Their back pockets. I would suggest that the Four Nations runs on margins where a 20% drop in projected revenue is going to make a serious difference.

So, what can you do ?

I know some of you will have got tickets for the England games already and that's fair enough .... But for those of you that haven't and were thinking of going, do you really want to pay your hard earned cash towards someone that shows that level of contempt towards you ?

Is Sam Tompkins worthy of representing this nation on the back of those sort of antics and abuse towards match officials ?

The ball is very much in the RFL's court and if they fail to deal with this matter, then our response is to not support the 'national' team.

You might also want to consider boycotting England shirts and merchandise (they don't look very good anyway) and / or withdrawing your email address and details from RFL mailing lists.

Wembley is going to look very big and very empty without the thousands of Leeds fans that otherwise would be there .... And let's see the RFL try and fill it with Wigan 'bandwaggoners' and Hunslet fans etc. They need us down there far more than we need them (you could always watch the national side getting hammered on Sky, if you're that interested)

you cant even be bothered to support your own team down there never mind England, :BOOHOO: :BOOHOO: :BOOHOO: :BOOHOO: :BOOHOO:

as for tomkins wild rant at the touch judge looks to me if he was just asking if the pass was forward. seems like you like to exagerate a little
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11376
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 200222 years175th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th May 24 10:203rd Apr 24 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tompkins - Four Nations Boycott : Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:34 am  
AdmiralHanson wrote:
So, what can you do ?

That is one fantastic "bite your nose off to spite your face" dummy spit. Congratulations!

We lost the final and an opposition player is annoying, lets try to ruin the sport we love!

Then again, it would probably be a better atmosphere without the Leeds fans booing England players, so feel free to stay away and watch it on TV mucker.
RankPostsTeam
International Star381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jul 14 23:0628th Jul 14 20:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tompkins - Four Nations Boycott : Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:15 am  
Was there a match on Saturday?
Judging by the reaction everywhere, people are more concerned about someone puting the V's up.
The publicity generated by this has started grabbing headlines in the South. Shame it took this act rather than the final itself to generate publicity down there, but you know what they say - Theres no such thing as bad publicity.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 25 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 15:361st May 14 21:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Check out //www.fourpointtry.com

Re: Tompkins - Four Nations Boycott : Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:56 am  
uglybug wrote:
Judging by the reaction everywhere, people are more concerned about someone puting the V's up.
The publicity generated by this has started grabbing headlines in the South. Shame it took this act rather than the final itself to generate publicity down there, but you know what they say - Theres no such thing as bad publicity.

And what about the abuse of the match officials ?
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 25 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Tompkins - Four Nations Boycott : Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:58 am  
FearTheVee wrote:
That is one fantastic "bite your nose off to spite your face" dummy spit. Congratulations!

We lost the final and an opposition player is annoying, lets try to ruin the sport we love!

Then again, it would probably be a better atmosphere without the Leeds fans booing England players, so feel free to stay away and watch it on TV mucker.

Well, actually I got the idea from your players ... Who didn't seem to want to compete when wearing a national jersey, by virtue that they were sharing the same dressing room with half the Leeds team that had turning them over in the Grand Final.

Always a giveaway that there's trouble at t'mill, when the RFL put out a press statement that there's no squad disunity problems with the national team.

I'd have my work cut out to match the Saints players, who were boycotting the national side whilst they were still actually playing in it ....
Last edited by AdmiralHanson on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9058
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200618 years79th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Jun 24 07:3424th Apr 24 05:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell

Re: Tompkins - Four Nations Boycott : Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:03 am  
uglybug wrote:

Agree 100%. Which is why Tomkins would be advised to show more maturity in future. His actions have taken the gloss off a good Wigan performance in the best final for a number of years. He's harmed you far more than he has us IMO.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 25 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Tompkins - Four Nations Boycott : Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:06 am  
uglybug wrote:

You are Col.Gadaffi and I claim my £5 prize ...
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11376
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 200222 years175th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th May 24 10:203rd Apr 24 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tompkins - Four Nations Boycott : Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:15 am  
AdmiralHanson wrote:
Well, actually I got the idea from your players ... Who didn't seem to want to compete when wearing a national jersey, by virtue that they were sharing the same dressing room with half the Leeds team that had turning them over in the Grand Final.

Always a giveaway that there's trouble at t'mill, when the RFL put out a press statement that there's no squad disunity problems with the national team.

I'd have my work cut out to match the Saints players, who were boycotting the national side whilst they were still actually playing in it ....

Come now, it's been a few days since the final. You can back away from your rant quietly and nobody will mind.
RankPostsTeam
International Star41No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 21 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Oct 14 15:4727th Sep 12 10:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
United by Pride, Driven by Passion, Bound by Loyalty, Inspired by Tradition, Galvanised by Adversity, United in Victory - I'm a Warrior!

Re: Tompkins - Four Nations Boycott : Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:29 pm  
I'm not surprised Leeds fans are planning on boycotting the Four Nations. They couldnt even be bothered to turn up to support their team at Wembley!!! I hope they do boycott the Four Nations - it will save us the embarrassment of having the Aussies laughing their t*ts off at us booing one of our own players!!! :oops:

Ryan Bailey - TMFMIS?????? Do me a favour - didnt see him squaring up to Lima or Coley!!! WIMP! :x
RankPostsTeam
International Star84No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 03 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Apr 12 20:437th Apr 12 20:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tompkins - Four Nations Boycott : Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:53 pm  
AdmiralHanson wrote:

So, what can you do ?

Everybody trys to milk penalties he just does it better than most.

and look at Danny McGuire and baily before you have ago at Tomkins, you can say the same about McGuire..Great player on his day i dont think any fan doesnt admit that...but his sportsmanship is just poor Much dirtier players than Tomkins, McGuire at the final whistle was just shocking and pathetic, Bailey always gets involved in stuff that has nothing to do with him he should of been sent off, i think i recall about 5 warnings in the game just for him. and tomkins was silly for what he did but in all of this i see the Pot calling the kettle black. no need to drag such a silly little incedent on for so long.

Also James graham is a whining little so and so and screams in the refs face more than anyone...Doesnt mean any of them deserve to be boo'd when wearing an England shirt so i really dont see how you can understand someone doing that to an international...

Also what about Bailey headbutting a player and offering 4 of them out? (if its true thats even worse than what tomkins did and i'd hope bailey would be up for similar to tomkins.)
AdmiralHanson wrote:

So, what can you do ?

Everybody trys to milk penalties he just does it better than most.

and look at Danny McGuire and baily before you have ago at Tomkins, you can say the same about McGuire..Great player on his day i dont think any fan doesnt admit that...but his sportsmanship is just poor Much dirtier players than Tomkins, McGuire at the final whistle was just shocking and pathetic, Bailey always gets involved in stuff that has nothing to do with him he should of been sent off, i think i recall about 5 warnings in the game just for him. and tomkins was silly for what he did but in all of this i see the Pot calling the kettle black. no need to drag such a silly little incedent on for so long.

Also James graham is a whining little so and so and screams in the refs face more than anyone...Doesnt mean any of them deserve to be boo'd when wearing an England shirt so i really dont see how you can understand someone doing that to an international...

Also what about Bailey headbutting a player and offering 4 of them out? (if its true thats even worse than what tomkins did and i'd hope bailey would be up for similar to tomkins.)
PreviousNext