WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023

Re: In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023 Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:13 pm  

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 2485
Simmo71 wrote:
Hi all - I'm a long time reader, first time poster.
Thought I'd join the in the off-season discussion/banter....

Agree with a lot of comments on here.
Clearly front row is our priority.
We need to replace Ava directly with an available NRL option - I reckon Kev is on this.
We also need a seasoned British prop to replace Cuthbo/Crosby - the likes of Dudson or even Flower would have been good, or maybe Kopszak?
Or T Burgess, L Thompson, Watts - we can dream....
Not sure about Casty, too old - we may as well have kept Cuthbo for another year.

6 can wait til next year - I think we can live with Lui for next season and hopefully Long can get the best out of him.
I like Connor - he's got something about him.
But agree - he has too many games where he goes missing, can't afford that at 6.
He's no Danny Mags!
But again, maybe if Long had his hands on him....

PS - I live in York, grew up watching York as a young lad with my Dad, before starting to follow Leeds in the 80's.
I'll be watching Cuthbo and the other new recruits next season in the new stadium and hoping for a push for Super League in the next 3-5 years....


Cheers,
Simmo.


Welcome Simmo. Good post that
Re: In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023 Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:16 pm  

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 2485
ArthurClues wrote:
Not signing a prop can't be an option. Most sides run with a minimum of six props and we now have four including Prior. It would be cruel (not to mention impossible) to ask four players to bare the brunt of a 30 game season. One solid Ava type prop and we can start to really rattle some cages this year, never mind next. Hands up who had heard of Ava before he was signed? There will be someone out there and I suspect Kev and Agar are talking to them.


Agree. Waiting until mid season is a big gamble and we could be up against it by then if injuries bite. Could be too late. We need to bring a good prop in over next month
Re: In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023 Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:52 pm  

ploinerrhino wrote:
ploinerrhino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:26 am
Posts: 1499
Simmo71 wrote:
Hi all - I'm a long time reader, first time poster.
Thought I'd join the in the off-season discussion/banter....

Agree with a lot of comments on here.
Clearly front row is our priority.
We need to replace Ava directly with an available NRL option - I reckon Kev is on this.
We also need a seasoned British prop to replace Cuthbo/Crosby - the likes of Dudson or even Flower would have been good, or maybe Kopszak?
Or T Burgess, L Thompson, Watts - we can dream....
Not sure about Casty, too old - we may as well have kept Cuthbo for another year.

6 can wait til next year - I think we can live with Lui for next season and hopefully Long can get the best out of him.
I like Connor - he's got something about him.
But agree - he has too many games where he goes missing, can't afford that at 6.
He's no Danny Mags!
But again, maybe if Long had his hands on him....

PS - I live in York, grew up watching York as a young lad with my Dad, before starting to follow Leeds in the 80's.
I'll be watching Cuthbo and the other new recruits next season in the new stadium and hoping for a push for Super League in the next 3-5 years....


Cheers,
Simmo.

Not a bad post Simmo apart from the Flower suggestion :CRAZY:
Re: In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023 Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:38 am  

User avatarThe Eagle wrote:
The Eagle User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:07 pm
Posts: 15488
Location: Nottingham. 800 years ago outlaws stole from the rich. Little has changed here

If we bring someone in to fill the gap, it should be a loan or a 1 year deal. I agree that we need to stop with the short term signings. We had to make some short term signings 18 months ago to keep us afloat. Signings should to the most extent move the quality of the squad forward
Re: In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023 Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:51 am  

User avatarBang wrote:
Bang User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:04 pm
Posts: 9563
Location: LDZ
What about an NRL loan?
YEAH LIKE WHATEVER!
TEAM UP! TEAM UP!
Re: In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023 Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:26 pm  

Bob123 wrote:
Bob123 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:07 am
Posts: 4
fanstanningley wrote:
I have not seen Levi play but have only heard good things.Do you have a link to to the interview?

Living in Australia I’ve seen a bit of Levi, very good player, good defender but has the odd brain fart in him, super league will suit his game more than the structure of the nrl, his last coach at Manly (Des Hasler) was the wrong type of coach for his game, a little bit of freedom will see him be a very good hooker for Leeds
Re: In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023 Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:20 am  

User avatarBang wrote:
Bang User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:04 pm
Posts: 9563
Location: LDZ
Apparently struggling to get a visa
YEAH LIKE WHATEVER!
TEAM UP! TEAM UP!
Re: In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023 Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:44 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2214
Sounds like we might not be getting Tetevano after all ffs.
Re: In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023 Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:35 am  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:11 pm
Posts: 10217
Location: Pudsey
Bob123 wrote:
Living in Australia I’ve seen a bit of Levi, very good player, good defender but has the odd brain fart in him, super league will suit his game more than the structure of the nrl, his last coach at Manly (Des Hasler) was the wrong type of coach for his game, a little bit of freedom will see him be a very good hooker for Leeds
Sorry Bob not that Levi i was asking about Levi Edwards who is a young second row prospect we have promoted to the first team squad.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: In 2021 | Zane Tetevano - Expires: 2023 Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:10 am  

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 2485
Pete Smith tweeted Leeds are not expecting any problems. They’re in regular contact.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 106 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,117,50475878,4324,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X