WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - CCF | Salford Red Devils (W)

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com CCF | Salford Red Devils (W)

Re: CCF | Salford Red Devils (W) Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:26 pm  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Shabino wrote:
Just watched the game as on nights.
Really pleased for the boys. I'm actually feeling pretty gutted for Salford too as they almost pulled it off against the odds. We made about of mistakes in that second half. Painful viewing in parts from our perspective. But Galey is a born winner isn't he, so hats off to them for coming back from the dead c and holding their nerve.

I need to watch it again without the nerves, but I think we were fairly poor in that second half but had the character to come back and see it through
Re: CCF | Salford Red Devils (W) Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:45 pm  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

christopher wrote:
I’m sure Gotcha is just on a wind up most of the time on here lately.

I think he’s struggling as he can’t just blame Handley for everything these days :D
I don't think he's on a wind up. I think he just doesn't understand Rugby League and is desperately bluffing. Unfortunately his lack of knowledge has been pretty exposed over the past few weeks.

Although to be fair, you could indeed say that apart from the two runs, the two try assists and the try-saving intervention he didn't do that much.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: CCF | Salford Red Devils (W) Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:23 pm  
Rhinoshaund III User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Although to be fair, you could indeed say that apart from the two runs, the two try assists and the try-saving intervention he didn't do that much.

So, apart from the two runs that got us decent field position off our own line, the two try assists which, well, assisted two tries. And the try saving intervention, which prevented Salford from scoring, he didnt do that much?

Dont want much do we? Wow.
Never Underestimate A Rhino

Challenge Cup Winners 1909–10, 1922–23, 1931–32, 1935–36, 1940–41, 1941–42, 1956–57, 1967–68, 1976–77, 1977–78, 1999, 2014, 2015, 2020
Superleague Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017
Championship Winners 1960–61, 1968–69, 1971–72
World Club Champions 2005, 2008, 2012
Premiership Winners 1974–75, 1978–79
SL League Leaders 2004, 2009, 2015
Re: CCF | Salford Red Devils (W) Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:27 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
I don't think he's on a wind up. I think he just doesn't understand Rugby League and is desperately bluffing. Unfortunately his lack of knowledge has been pretty exposed over the past few weeks.

I think he knows the game but has his players and agendas and wont change. He clearly wants certain people to fail which i find strange.

Anyway, personally, im proud as punch to see the club back winning silverware again.

Club looks set up to have a good team for a while now. The young lads are coming thru and the spirit is back. Really really pleased. Leeds is a special club.
Re: CCF | Salford Red Devils (W) Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:46 pm  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

christopher wrote:

I think he’s struggling as he can’t just blame Handley for everything these days :D
Handley also had a cracking game.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: CCF | Salford Red Devils (W) Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:33 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

fanstanningley wrote:
Handley also had a cracking game.

Playing well isnt he? Really come on.
Re: CCF | Salford Red Devils (W) Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:41 am  

User avatarThe Eagle wrote:
The Eagle User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Nottingham. 800 years ago outlaws stole from the rich. Little has changed here

I know there weren't loads of youngsters involved yesterday, but you'd hope it takes some of the pressure off the team on their journey back to the top.

Being involved in a winning cup run is good for the squad, and the developing players in and around the first team
Re: CCF | Salford Red Devils (W) Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:26 am  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Funny game on reflection for various reasons. I did think Ava had a stormer; he goes about his business with quality and we really need him.

A Sutcliffe, whilst as I said wouldn’t have made my bench, put in some massive hits in D and was really solid.

Thought Donaldson was trying too hard in places which is a shame because he’s been great this season.

Hurrell a real handful but I get frustrated at our lack of ability to get him into space. One on one he’s going to break most attempts but we use him as a cart horse in traffic. Salford played as a team very well.

Think Salford played well and you wonder how they do it with the resources they have. We looked the better side but thought we’d thrown it away because of the pressure Salford applied.

Hope Walker, Smith, Holroyd kick on and use this as positive motivation.
Re: CCF | Salford Red Devils (W) Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:29 am  

User avatarryano wrote:
ryano User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

christopher wrote:

Can't see why people engage and give it the attention it craves. :CRAZY:
"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.
Re: CCF | Salford Red Devils (W) Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:57 am  

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Really emotional watching this group celebrating at the end and listening to Avas interview. Still much to do going forward but it was like the shackles of the golden generation had been shaken off.

Credit to Agar and the team for turning round a really poor start from the return from lockdown.
PreviousNext