FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 12 team Superleague?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach75No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 25 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 10 08:2427th Apr 10 08:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12 team Superleague? : Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:19 am  
rovers wrote:
It is very frustrating for me reading these posts, all the things you are saying, me and many Rovers fans have been saying since we were booted out in 95 having finished no where near relegation and averaging 5k fans, Yes Rovers averaged that many. What it would be now with 1 million a year and better away support is anyones guess. Wether you like Rovers or not is irrelevant what they are doing is wrong and it seems it is only when fans own clubs are threatened they see what is happening, it is very frustrating.It wasnt long ago Lewis and co said there would be no upper limit on teams in super league, this proves they have no strategy whatsoever, its as though they make it up as they go along. I have seen Rovers win the lot but they are now by stelth trying to turn us and the rest of the championsip teams into feeder clubs, with the dual registrations. There plan is 12 teams they will do away with there reserves and the rest of the teams will be there feeders like they do in Australia, Would you lot like to be Leeds Rhinocerouces feeder club? What annoyed me was Terry Matterson saying Cas tigers good season last year proves franchises work, i wonder what he will think if it goes to 12 teams and Cas are out. He didnt get it and a lot of people still dont they no more want Cas and Wakey in that top flight than they do Rovers. The whole super league application process and the tick box scenario is bolx, they picked the 14 teams they wanted last time regardless and they will do the same next time. I console my self in the thought that the championship is an excellent league, i enjoy watching every Rovers game just as much as i did when we were winning the 1st div title in 1977, i cant wait to go to Hunslet on Sunday and i think the league will just get better and better the entertainment value is 1st class. So if it does happen it isnt the end of the world

Flat capper or not, i agree with you .
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach75No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 21 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Mar 10 18:175th Mar 10 15:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12 team Superleague? : Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:20 pm  
rovers wrote:
It is very frustrating for me reading these posts, all the things you are saying, me and many Rovers fans have been saying since we were booted out in 95 having finished no where near relegation and averaging 5k fans, Yes Rovers averaged that many. What it would be now with 1 million a year and better away support is anyones guess. Wether you like Rovers or not is irrelevant what they are doing is wrong and it seems it is only when fans own clubs are threatened they see what is happening, it is very frustrating.It wasnt long ago Lewis and co said there would be no upper limit on teams in super league, this proves they have no strategy whatsoever, its as though they make it up as they go along. I have seen Rovers win the lot but they are now by stelth trying to turn us and the rest of the championsip teams into feeder clubs, with the dual registrations. There plan is 12 teams they will do away with there reserves and the rest of the teams will be there feeders like they do in Australia, Would you lot like to be Leeds Rhinocerouces feeder club? What annoyed me was Terry Matterson saying Cas tigers good season last year proves franchises work, i wonder what he will think if it goes to 12 teams and Cas are out. He didnt get it and a lot of people still dont they no more want Cas and Wakey in that top flight than they do Rovers. The whole super league application process and the tick box scenario is bolx, they picked the 14 teams they wanted last time regardless and they will do the same next time. I console my self in the thought that the championship is an excellent league, i enjoy watching every Rovers game just as much as i did when we were winning the 1st div title in 1977, i cant wait to go to Hunslet on Sunday and i think the league will just get better and better the entertainment value is 1st class. So if it does happen it isnt the end of the world

wow, my sentiments exactly (apart from being a capper )
if we got booted then we would survive in the lower leagues without the threat of bankrupting the club every time soopa doopa leagues demands get dafter.

dont sound too bad after the initial shock of being booted out

breakaway league anyone ? it happened before over 100 years ago and didnt turn out too bad
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 200915 years278th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 23 13:0218th Jun 23 19:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.

Re: 12 team Superleague? : Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:31 pm  
I totally agree with everything apart from your final sentiments. How can you enjoy it as much now as you did when Fev were a top flight side? It just seems oh so pointless with no prospects really. Fev were hard done by when Super League first started. 2, if not 3 teams I feel will suffer similar fates should it be a 12 team franchise, because you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be Celtic who are booted out. 10K last night, impressive, it won't last though, yet we'll still hear about this 10K as probably their main argument for keeping them in.

Eventually Super League will probably consist of, Leeds Saints Wigan Bradford Warrington a Hull side a London side, 2 French sides, a Scottish side, a welsh side and possibly 1 out of a further 10-12 sides lusting to be there, the rest can in theory do as they please...Grim.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach720No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 04 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Aug 14 17:3711th Aug 14 17:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12 team Superleague? : Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:09 pm  
Towns88 wrote:
I totally agree with everything apart from your final sentiments. How can you enjoy it as much now as you did when Fev were a top flight side? It just seems oh so pointless with no prospects really. Fev were hard done by when Super League first started. 2, if not 3 teams I feel will suffer similar fates should it be a 12 team franchise, because you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be Celtic who are booted out. 10K last night, impressive, it won't last though, yet we'll still hear about this 10K as probably their main argument for keeping them in.

Eventually Super League will probably consist of, Leeds Saints Wigan Bradford Warrington a Hull side a London side, 2 French sides, a Scottish side, a welsh side and possibly 1 out of a further 10-12 sides lusting to be there, the rest can in theory do as they please...Grim.

I have to say I too agree with much of what rovers says, it is better in Superleague than NL1 or whatever they are calling it these days, but as we all know when we were in there, it wasn't the end of the world.
As Towns says, I fear the RFL will really only be happy when the Superleague comp is pan European and we have big city teams from across the continent, maybe only a handful of teams currently in the league now will feature, Leeds, London, Hull, Wigan, maybe Bradford and a Manchester team, then Catalans and Crusaders, only then will the RFL be satisfied, maybe then we can get on with our "northern game". The fact that Crusaders got 10k last night is no surprise, but I would like to see the receipts as to how much the vast majority of people paid and also how long they can hold onto such gates.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 200915 years278th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: 12 team Superleague? : Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm  
Crusaders won't retain I'm glad my views are shared, but not happy. Maybe a rebel league, Cas Wakey Fev Widnes Fax KR Leigh Haven etc...Not ideal but I'd rather that then a 'feeder club' status of small teams still producing class players and then having them robbed by the 'big city slickers'
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Mar 16 12:035th Mar 16 19:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
kcab sfrawdder

Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity

Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike

SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!

Re: 12 team Superleague? : Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:59 pm  
Towns88 wrote:
Crusaders won't retain I'm glad my views are shared, but not happy. Maybe a rebel league, Cas Wakey Fev Widnes Fax KR Leigh Haven etc...Not ideal but I'd rather that then a 'feeder club' status of small teams still producing class players and then having them robbed by the 'big city slickers'

How would that change even if it was a ' rebel ' league , they'd still nick your best
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1918No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 25 200915 years318th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 23 10:5820th Nov 22 08:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12 team Superleague? : Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:11 pm  
Starbug wrote:
How would that change even if it was a ' rebel ' league , they'd still nick your best

This is true, then the R.F.U will try and pinch the best super league players :wink:

But is the garden rosy in the top league?, we have yet to have a sell out at wembley for the C.C final, the grand final last year wasn't a sell out,the magic weekend will never sell out while its held in edinburgh and is pretty pointless in my opinion.

We are as far away from beating the aussies as ever. They should be looking into all these rather than cutting the league,maybe they have been listening to jamie peacock abit too much.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Jan 10 11:4331st Jan 10 11:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12 team Superleague? : Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:39 am  
I think the superleague should just have leeds, saints, bradford, wigan, quins, wrexham, cat. as the league is bent in their faver!! and the rest should form there own league based on fairness and how good the team is not the ground or the fan base!! Viva La Revolution :wink:
rovers 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach502No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 25 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Feb 18 22:2023rd Mar 11 12:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12 team Superleague? : Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:36 pm  
Towns88 wrote:

I do enjoy it just the same, the entertainment value is fantastic
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 200915 years278th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: 12 team Superleague? : Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:58 pm  
Just seems there's far less at stake and people are far less interested.
PreviousNext