Oct 26 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 21:2425th Jan 24 22:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Walmsley : Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:13 pm  
Ilkley Fax wrote:
Don't think Wakefield have announced any new signings - not even officially confirmed Powell as coach - presumably all down to the fact that transfer of the club to new owners has still not been completed. I'm sure several transfers including Walmsleys will have been provisionally agreed but can't bee announced until ownership situation resolved.

Could be and good points, change of ownership certainly affected our recruitment last year as will a change of coach and for Wakey being relegated no doubt affected retentions / incomings and if Walmsley is going should hear something more on it when he comes back from holiday.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9346
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years55th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 13:521st May 24 08:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Walmsley : Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:45 pm  
faxcar wrote:

So we now have Wakefield saying they were a Super League club when they made the approach and that's their interpretation.
Fax are saying your not a Super League club now and won't be when Walmsley will be playing for you next season and that's our interpretation.
The grey area is regarding the rules ( who on here honestly knows how they apply in this situation?)
Likewise, who on here can't see that the reason for Fax to dispute them is perfectly understandable.

(Not that it matters but as far as I'm concerned that's my opinion as well, their not a Super League club now and as regards the clause ceased to be when they were confirmed as being relegated, the rest is irrelevant.)

The situation above is as cut and dried as it can be. Wakefield are a SL club until their players SL contracts expire for this season.

I think the only interpretation up for debate is what angle Wakefield are using to achieve their desired goal which is to sign Walmsley for as little money as they can. I do think this is the part where people are getting confused as to what is actually going on, and in my eyes it is very scummy what Wakefield are trying to do and I will say that until proved otherwise, but Wakefield could sign Walmsley today if they liked(presuming end of month contract expiry as mentioned above but the same applies before last weeks Grand Final) as long as firstly, Walmsley agreed personal terms(maybe this is holding it up?), and secondly they were willing to pay the fee that is in Walmsley's contract. The fact that they have yet to announce his signing suggests to me Wakefield don't want to pay that fee and I would go so far to say that they are pretty confident that they can get Walmsley to force a release and they can negotiate a lesser fee with Fax knowing they will not want to keep an unhappy player.

How often will you see a player coming out in the press basically saying he wants to leave and then goes back on that and ends up re-settling at his current team? Another interesting angle is that it may be in Walmsley's best interests to wait a couple of weeks and then London officially become a SL team and could be another possible destination for him and could give him some negotiating power of his own. If I were him that would be my play, this would also be a good thing for Fax as well in regards getting more money for him.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Walmsley : Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:54 pm  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
The situation above is as cut and dried as it can be. Wakefield are a SL club until their players SL contracts expire for this season.

I think the only interpretation up for debate is what angle Wakefield are using to achieve their desired goal which is to sign Walmsley for as little money as they can. I do think this is the part where people are getting confused as to what is actually going on, and in my eyes it is very scummy what Wakefield are trying to do and I will say that until proved otherwise, but Wakefield could sign Walmsley today if they liked(presuming end of month contract expiry as mentioned above but the same applies before last weeks Grand Final) as long as firstly, Walmsley agreed personal terms(maybe this is holding it up?), and secondly they were willing to pay the fee that is in Walmsley's contract. The fact that they have yet to announce his signing suggests to me Wakefield don't want to pay that fee and I would go so far to say that they are pretty confident that they can get Walmsley to force a release and they can negotiate a lesser fee with Fax knowing they will not want to keep an unhappy player.

How often will you see a player coming out in the press basically saying he wants to leave and then goes back on that and ends up re-settling at his current team? Another interesting angle is that it may be in Walmsley's best interests to wait a couple of weeks and then London officially become a SL team and could be another possible destination for him and could give him some negotiating power of his own. If I were him that would be my play, this would also be a good thing for Fax as well in regards getting more money for him.

But Walmsley isn’t a Wakefield player so what applies to their current squad can’t be applied to him and my understanding is that the SL season ended on the 14th with the grand final and their players contracts became null and void after they were confirmed relegated and their last game which was before that date, either way it doesn’t change what angle Fax are disputing it from whether their right or not is irrelevant that’s the point you apparently don’t understand.

Concerning that I’m not confused at all, this thread was started with the Matt Shaw link which specifically says what the sticking point is mentioning the exact sub rule that covers it and that is what I am basing all my comments on and my opinion is that out of everybody who has said anything about it I choose to believe him.

If it was something other than that why would he not simply say so?

If you want to say me basing a discussion on the original link equates to not understanding, being blind and he can’t be trusted and you know better and post multiple speculative alternatives with no factual evidence to support it that’s your choice but it’s not mine.

On Wakefield talking to Walmsley again as per the terms of release rule no club can make a direct approach to the player and offer personnel terms, negotiations must take place between the two clubs and once they reach an agreement then the buying club can speak to him, of course if it gets to that stage there won’t be a problem as Walmsley himself said he wants to go full time to have a better chance of getting into SL but if you accept he said that then you must accept what he said about the clubs reaching an agreement in the same interview he can’t sign until that happens or whilst he’s away in Europe.

If you want to speculate and say Wakefield are playing for time it could well back fire if a current SL club comes in and legitimately triggers the release so if they really want him would they take the risk over 10 or 20 grand when they have a millionaire backer?
And it could be Fax playing for time putting the pressure on Wakefield knowing that they can’t get less than what’s already been offered or could even get to keep him.

Likewise if you speculate he can demand a release then as far as I’m concerned it would be demand and be dammed, your our player, your in breech of contract and your going nowhere otherwise you could open up the floodgates for an endless repeat episode in the future with anyone else with all the disruption that could cause.

Stepping away from Matt Shaw and the link I personally think it highly likely Walmsley will end up at Wakefield or somewhere else, Liam Finn admitted it would be hard to keep hold of him but at least for the fee specified in the release clause in my opinion.

PS. I have to edit about 20 times because when using an iPad it writes what it wants or the page fails before finishing . :lol:
Last edited by faxcar on Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9346
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years55th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

Re: Walmsley : Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:46 am  
We know how this goes so I am stepping out. There are a lot of things not correct in the above.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Walmsley : Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:50 am  
We know how this goes so I am stepping out. There are a lot of things not correct in the above.

My last attempt based on what we actually do know as fact.

1.) This threads discussion was based on this link. https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... x-27906916

2.) In that link Matt Shaw said this regarding Wakefield " Walmsley is under contract and while Wakefield had activated a release clause in his contract."

3.) Halifax have contested the interpretation of the clause, resulting in no agreement being reached at this stage

4.) This was said about the clause. As per the RFL's supplement clause bank, clause 10.4 states: "If you receive an approach from a Super League Club, the Club agrees to enter into negotiations with the Super League Club (on your behalf) in good faith with a view to reaching an agreement for your release and transfer to such Super League Club and the Club agrees that it will release you provided that the transfer fee is at least [insert amount]."

5.) This is what Walmsley said. "Discussing the interest, "I just want to get myself into a full-time environment, whether that is Wakefield or any Super League team. If a deal happens I'll be blessed and happy. I want to get into a full-time team and push for Super League and I think it's my best chance to make it to Super League. I love Halifax and I've loved my time here, but I did the same to go from Whitehaven to Halifax and I think I've got to do the same now if I want to take another step in my career."

Based on this article it's all crystal clear.

1.) Wakefield have activated the release clause which includes the Fee.
2.) Halifax have contested the terms of the release based on their interpretation of Wakefield's Super League status because they have been relegated.
3.) Walmsley regarding the above hopes a deal can be done between the two clubs so he could get closer to his SL dream and even acknowledged that this could be first going full time with Wakefield to "push for SL" or to any existing SL team.
(Even he doesn't think Wakefield are in Super League at this point in time!!)

Against that you have a poster who having spoken to none of the those involved completely ignores all the above and comes out with multiple unsupported alternatives which have no basis in facts and are purely products of their imagination whilst claiming others lack understanding and are blind.

My opinion is, my conclusions of what is going on are based on the journalist instead of the fantasist.

My last attempt based on what we actually do know as fact.

1.) This threads discussion was based on this link. https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... x-27906916

2.) In that link Matt Shaw said this regarding Wakefield " Walmsley is under contract and while Wakefield had activated a release clause in his contract."

3.) Halifax have contested the interpretation of the clause, resulting in no agreement being reached at this stage

4.) This was said about the clause. As per the RFL's supplement clause bank, clause 10.4 states: "If you receive an approach from a Super League Club, the Club agrees to enter into negotiations with the Super League Club (on your behalf) in good faith with a view to reaching an agreement for your release and transfer to such Super League Club and the Club agrees that it will release you provided that the transfer fee is at least [insert amount]."

5.) This is what Walmsley said. "Discussing the interest, "I just want to get myself into a full-time environment, whether that is Wakefield or any Super League team. If a deal happens I'll be blessed and happy. I want to get into a full-time team and push for Super League and I think it's my best chance to make it to Super League. I love Halifax and I've loved my time here, but I did the same to go from Whitehaven to Halifax and I think I've got to do the same now if I want to take another step in my career."

Based on this article it's all crystal clear.

1.) Wakefield have activated the release clause which includes the Fee.
2.) Halifax have contested the terms of the release based on their interpretation of Wakefield's Super League status because they have been relegated.
3.) Walmsley regarding the above hopes a deal can be done between the two clubs so he could get closer to his SL dream and even acknowledged that this could be first going full time with Wakefield to "push for SL" or to any existing SL team.
(Even he doesn't think Wakefield are in Super League at this point in time!!)

Against that you have a poster who having spoken to none of the those involved completely ignores all the above and comes out with multiple unsupported alternatives which have no basis in facts and are purely products of their imagination whilst claiming others lack understanding and are blind.

My opinion is, my conclusions of what is going on are based on the journalist instead of the fantasist.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player385No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 19 20204 years130th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 21:144th May 24 07:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Walmsley : Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:33 pm  
New Wakefield owners confirmed today, would be very surprised if Walmsley, plus others, aren't now also confirmed within next few days.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Walmsley : Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:23 pm  
Ilkley Fax wrote:
New Wakefield owners confirmed today, would be very surprised if Walmsley, plus others, aren't now also confirmed within next few days.

Yep, from their side he’s the one who signs the checks so to speak also won’t be the only club who are waiting to see if their one of the 12 chosen ones, or how close they are to see if it’s worth it.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9346
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years55th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Walmsley : Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:40 pm  
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/lachlan-walmsley-paid-towards-transfer-28236016

Well played Wakey. Every trick in the book not to pay up, more fool Walmsley going to an empoyer who clearly can't value him that highly.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/lachlan-walmsley-paid-towards-transfer-28236016

Well played Wakey. Every trick in the book not to pay up, more fool Walmsley going to an empoyer who clearly can't value him that highly.
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player150No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 28 20231 year204th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 24 00:282nd May 24 12:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Walmsley : Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:57 pm  
Suppose we ought to be glad Lachlan contributed or we may have lost him back to Oz without recompense..embarrassing for their new ‘money consortium’ penny pinching shysters hope it implodes soon and badly,they’ve enjoyed undeserved lofty status for years..
RankPostsTeam
International Star1036No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 14 201410 years154th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 10:3926th Apr 24 11:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Walmsley : Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:18 am  
It shows how committed Lachlan is to play full time RL. Not many, if any, players would use their own money for a transfer deal.
He has shown Wakefield what a committed player he is even before putting his boots on for them.
PreviousNext