Feb 28 20195 years293rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Apr 24 00:0622nd Apr 24 12:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Mon May 31, 2021 12:12 am  
Some observations - We lacked quality in the halves

1. JWH was a try - Brown's was a margin call at best. Significant momentum swing.
2. Broke them a few times but couldn't convert.
3. Fev were missing a few but crucially, they still had their 1,6,7 and 9.
4. Our last play options were dire, coupled with ill-discipline meant we couldn't really establish any form of territory or pressure.
5. Do we ever attack down Worthington's edge?
6. I think Barber is a very skilful player but I'm not convinced he is a centre. Lacks pace.
7. Crucial period in the season. In the next 8 games, we SHOULD be winning at least 7 if not all 8, if we want to be really finishing in the Top 4.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 28 20195 years293rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Mon May 31, 2021 5:29 am  
Forgot to add, going into the game, for us to be competitive was my hope and I think we did that. Grix is probably proving me wrong at the moment as I really thought he had lost it after the showing at Oldham. All things being equal, we should continue to improve.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9346
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years55th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 13:521st May 24 08:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: FEV Sunday : Mon May 31, 2021 6:22 am  
Im not sure which was funnier, Tom Grant's performance or Lawrence Turners. :lol:

Im only kidding about the ref it was defo Lawrence Turner's I mean what was he thinking. End of the day you do not speak to your customers like they are something that you just trod in. He has made a complete ass of himself no matter what his intensions, it looks like he needs to keep himself up in his cushty little box where he can flout any covid rules he likes and stay away from the real people.

On to the game I just thought Fev had that little bit extra quality which they should have given the size of their squad and their likely spend compared to ours. The Woody try will be an interpretation rule as he deffo looked short to begin with. A couple more went against us but at the end of the day we struggled to break them down and our halves looked poor, when we did break them down in what should have been an easy try instead of been 8-6 up we were 12-2 behind 2 plays later.

listening to Grix's interview after its going to mean the return of Scott Grix next week because apparently we lacked a leader although I thought we lacked a leader when he has played but hey ho. Woody will no doubt be dropped despite showing some of his best form that he has for Fax or at least moved in the halves where he has never really shown much for us. Robinson is probably going to miss anyway so that probably helps Grix decision but we are crying out for some quality in those 2 positions. Another ridiculous decison dropping Burrough because he didn't have the best of games up at Newcastle, yesterday would have been just the sort of game for him. We saw how much space Moore got and Burrough is twice as quick as him so once again it just seems a very random decision.

Big games coming up now like has been said. We must win the majority of them to be thinking about the top 6.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 21:2425th Jan 24 22:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Mon May 31, 2021 8:22 am  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Im not sure which was funnier, Tom Grant's performance or Lawrence Turners. :lol:

Im only kidding about the ref it was defo Lawrence Turner's I mean what was he thinking. End of the day you do not speak to your customers like they are something that you just trod in. He has made a complete ass of himself no matter what his intensions, it looks like he needs to keep himself up in his cushty little box where he can flout any covid rules he likes and stay away from the real people.

On to the game I just thought Fev had that little bit extra quality which they should have given the size of their squad and their likely spend compared to ours. The Woody try will be an interpretation rule as he deffo looked short to begin with. A couple more went against us but at the end of the day we struggled to break them down and our halves looked poor, when we did break them down in what should have been an easy try instead of been 8-6 up we were 12-2 behind 2 plays later.

listening to Grix's interview after its going to mean the return of Scott Grix next week because apparently we lacked a leader although I thought we lacked a leader when he has played but hey ho. Woody will no doubt be dropped despite showing some of his best form that he has for Fax or at least moved in the halves where he has never really shown much for us. Robinson is probably going to miss anyway so that probably helps Grix decision but we are crying out for some quality in those 2 positions. Another ridiculous decison dropping Burrough because he didn't have the best of games up at Newcastle, yesterday would have been just the sort of game for him. We saw how much space Moore got and Burrough is twice as quick as him so once again it just seems a very random decision.

Big games coming up now like has been said. We must win the majority of them to be thinking about the top 6.

At first when all the shouting was going on up at the back I didn't realize it was LT involved until seeing some of it on Facebook and as you say Greg some of what was said such as calling one of your own supports an idiot / thick on several occasions isn't the way to go.
As one of the other Fax fans said to him "it's all right you talking about social distancing when your stood shouting at someone when your not wearing a mask yourself" after which he had to walk away.
It just shows the pressure the guys on the BOD are under because on LT 's side he also said (not all of which can be heard on the recording) something on the lines off " I / we (the other members of the BOD) are trying to save the club and get the ground opened up so you can come in, CMBC are watching the behavior and there's all this loud singing and chanting and close contact which they and thus the club has asked you not to do for every bodies sake in the current climate and your not doing it, even now your not listening, I can't deal with idiots.

Tom Grant has had issues taking some stick from the Fax faithful in the recent past, a couple of years ago I was in the East Stand and he was having what Fax thought was a real mare.
At one point this chap in front of me jumped up and shouted "that's my son out there who you lot are slagging off, he's doing is best".
Well that made it worse as you can well imagine, comments like "yes he's a real credit to the family and when we find out who his real dad is we'll tell him and "well when you get home give your misses a real slap for giving birth to him" etc etc so it's probably discussed within the family and left a scar or too.

Woody's no try, as before, definitely just short, my instant live reaction was he's in......oh Woody your short..... all you had to do was just that extra stretch and not oh ref you cheating "B".
I saw it clear from above with no obstructions and there was just about an inch of grass between the ball and line and my misses independently of me said the same thing at the same time "oh just short".
(On an Edit after watching it back from a different angle I can see it grounded just short and then what looks like the ball rolling forward onto the line with a hand still on it before it comes free, so tough one for Fax avoiding a 12 point swing if it had been given but if it had gone to the video ref it could have been chalked off for obstruction because of the collision between Hewitt and Holmes just before the touch down.)

Fev did have that bit extra, were on it in defense and looked a bit more fluent as a team which considering that 13 won't have played together that much .........and I called it as Fev by 2 scores and it was.

I think we did test them and if having a few more calls go our way and the resulting possession could have got us something we'll never know.

Disappointing Borough didn't start but you can't go with two small guys on the bench and once Ollie was included he took that slot, I think it did show in Brandon later in the game when he couldn't scoot out of dummy half as the fatigue set in.

Next week i'll go with Scott back in, Olllie into the halves.
Last edited by faxcar on Mon May 31, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2411
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 11 200618 years310th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Apr 24 15:5921st Apr 24 15:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax

Re: FEV Sunday : Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 am  

Was just going to start a topic on Mr Turner. Wasn’t at the game but saw the posts on social media. They did not look good at all (admittedly, any slant can be put on things with social media).

There did appear to be some arrogance and contempt for the fan(s). Where does he go from here? A poorly worded/badly spelled press release? An attack on the fans? Brushing it under the carpet? Or does he fall on his sword? Either way, we’re knackered cos I can’t see any saviour rushing in to rescue the club……
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 21:2425th Jan 24 22:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Mon May 31, 2021 9:06 am  
freddies wig wrote:
Was just going to start a topic on Mr Turner. Wasn’t at the game but saw the posts on social media. They did not look good at all (admittedly, any slant can be put on things with social media).

There did appear to be some arrogance and contempt for the fan(s). Where does he go from here? A poorly worded/badly spelled press release? An attack on the fans? Brushing it under the carpet? Or does he fall on his sword? Either way, we’re knackered cos I can’t see any saviour rushing in to rescue the club…

Crucial point Freddie, off the field the BOD have and are working their butts off and there is no one else waiting in the wings. and for the first game back after 14 months yesterdays PR performance

These are the facts if they go the club goes.

If they stay it will take time before we can compete with the clubs that are financially better off than us off the field.

It will take time before we can pay for the better players so we can compete with those same clubs on the field.

For the first game back after 14 months yesterdays PR performance could have gone better, the fans with CMBC and LT's response with the fans.
Last edited by faxcar on Mon May 31, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 28 20195 years293rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Mon May 31, 2021 1:11 pm  
Sorry, what's the issue with LT? Wasn't at the game - not even in the country. Don't make yourself libelous if wish to let me know.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2411
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 11 200618 years310th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Apr 24 15:5921st Apr 24 15:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax

Re: FEV Sunday : Mon May 31, 2021 2:56 pm  
To be fair, watching it back again and reading comments. Seems LT was trying to deal with any issue with rule breaking with one eye on Calderdale council keeping the shay open and ensuring income. Got heated on both sides. I could be wrong though
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player703No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years110th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Apr 24 16:2329th Apr 24 14:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Mon May 31, 2021 2:57 pm  

I cant disagree with any of that i will leave the LT incident alone for now i was stood about 10 yards away and i think you summed it up pretty well with what happened. As for the game i thought it would be a high scoring game but i got that wrong defences were on top i thought we held our own pretty well in the forwards and was surprised to see bourough not in the side i think he could of caused fev a lot of problems around the ruck with is pace and direct running something i think moore lacks he seems to want to run threw men rather than in to space and there was some space in that area fev seemed to defend tight out wide and rushed in to shut plays down which they did really well and we didn't take the right options at the right times giving short balls when we should have gone wide and vice verse that for me was the difference between the sides when fev moved the ball it looked crisp and threatening were we seemed indecisive and our ball players seemed hesitant in what they did they didn't have the same conviction in there plays and you will struggle to have much joy against a good defence like fevs playing like that harris inparticular looked to lack confidence he seems to be defending better but is attack seems to lack conviction i thought russell did play with conviction until he got hit late by davies a player who i rate very highly is left arm was just hanging by his side and he struggled with that for the rest of the game hopefully he can shake it of for next week as for the ref i think the penalty count was 10-3 in fevs favour weather that was justified or not i think good refs should be seen but not heard ie not the centre of attention the game isn't about them but some of them do seem to enjoy the attention as for the top six the margin for error gets tighter by the week the pressure is on grix to delver and the players
RankPostsTeam
International Star1067No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 24 201212 years176th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 21:1730th Apr 24 13:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Mon May 31, 2021 3:07 pm  
Just listened to the post-game interviews with Grix, I thought you guys played pretty well overall and it was a good contest but Grix has kind of thrown Harris and Woodburn Hall under the bus there hasn't he, think you're going to see his brother back at full back soon for sure.
PreviousNext