Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall

Re: simon grix : Sun May 02, 2021 3:41 pm  
terry silver wrote:
I am not trying to score points of fev quite the opposite i was paying your club a compliment but you take every thing i say as a insult to fev when i have got a lot of time for your club but you dont seem to get that. As for the lack of resources i am well aware of were we stand financially but despite this we have finished in the top 4 seven times since 2010 that is not a bad record and that is all i think we should have a very good chance of doing this season but we are a million miles away with are performances we have more chance of being relegated then achieving that and i dont accept that our level is fighting relegation

Either way.... this thread isn't about fev.
I maintain that with this squad Trent Robinson wouldn't make much difference. Pete hit the nail on the head earlier. The cheap option.
Until a chairman, owner, gaffer.... turns up with the business kudos, acumen and readies to fund a decent squad, nowt will change.
Every fax coach for ten years has been the subject of criticism on here and social media.
Your current squad isn't bad per se, but lack quality in the halves and it shows.
That said, it's just like fax to beat our lot on the 30th.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player693No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years115th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 16:2015th Apr 24 14:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: simon grix : Sun May 02, 2021 3:48 pm  
Ilkley Fax wrote:
Like most supporters on this forum I was delighted with the squad assembled this year - while covid situation probably brought some players within our budget that wouldn't otherwise have been, I would guess we still probably pushed the budget to the limit. While I've no idea what money Grix is on - I would be very surprised if we had the money to pay him off and then employ a new, more experienced, and therefore likely more expensive coach. If change just isn't feasible as supporters we have 2 alternatives - we slag off the coach at every opportunity, further reducing the confidence of both the coach and the team - or- however crap todays performance was - we get behind him in the hope he can turn things round.

hello IIkley i come in peace i agree with most of your post is there not a couple more options would it not be possible to get grix some more experienced help in like we did when brian noble came in on the short term to help matt calland i no you would have to question what is the point of having a assistant coach that is what sheriffe is for but something is Cleary not right.Also and i no i am probably on to a loser here but what about the club using the squad builder money to sign a new coach it is there for new players but i think we need a new coach more then new players right now
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player693No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years115th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: simon grix : Sun May 02, 2021 3:57 pm  
Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
Either way.... this thread isn't about fev.
I maintain that with this squad Trent Robinson wouldn't make much difference. Pete hit the nail on the head earlier. The cheap option.
Until a chairman, owner, gaffer.... turns up with the business kudos, acumen and readies to fund a decent squad, nowt will change.
Every fax coach for ten years has been the subject of criticism on here and social media.
Your current squad isn't bad per se, but lack quality in the halves and it shows.
That said, it's just like fax to beat our lot on the 30th.

i agree with you it was taking the cheap option by the club but what does that cost the club in the long run if it doesn't work out.I also agree about our halves and have said so in previous posts but i dont agree about even Trent Robinson wouldn't make any difference i find that very hard to believe we will have to agree to disagree on that one and all being well we will be able to attend the game on the 30th in person
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player693No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years115th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: simon grix : Sun May 02, 2021 4:00 pm  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
I were quietly confident that the team that we had put together would be good enough for 4th and at a push maybe 3rd. the problem is we look to be a team of individuals with no team spirit whatsoever and are just going through the motions. I think it could be time up for Grix unfortunatley just in an effort to save our season, whatever he is doing or trying is not working and the players do not seem to be trying for him. Some need to take a good hard look in the mirror because they are letting him down big style.

Its a very typical Halifax thing for something to get the big build up like the rebrand has only for the players to disappoint on the field. The question has to be what are our chances of making the playoffs with Grix in charge from this point? I would say its slim so then its a question of how much does the club lose in lost revenue from a team not performing compared to how much it costs to pay a coach off with what I believe is another year and a half left on his contract and then the chances of making the play offs with a new coach.

very good post greg i cant disagree with any of that
RankPostsTeam
International Star307No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 22 201311 years313th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Dec 23 12:4315th Dec 23 12:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: simon grix : Sun May 02, 2021 4:01 pm  
We should beat a team like Oldham. Bigger budget. No excuses .
Halfbacks too inexperienced. For me you need a old head at HB and someone willing to get hands dirty.
Coach was given job ... why. Had no experience even as a assistant. Marshy learned of a great coach in Tony Smith.
We was promised a expansive game and to be entertained by Croad. Rawsthorne who is talented player hardly gets the ball.
We need a change. Grix isn't the man by looks of it.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player693No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years115th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: simon grix : Sun May 02, 2021 4:07 pm  
SingaporeFax wrote:
The concerning point for me was that he couldn't get a response from them. Last week, York had lost 2 on the bounce, one to Sheffield which I am sure they thought would win; they put 60 on Swinton. We never struggled to make metres yesterday and yes, we made error after error in their 20, but we seemed unable to turn any momentum towards us. Oldham won on making fewer errors and if we were being ruthless, both teams were terrible. People don't have patience with Grix because our expectations are related to our previous history: we were a winning team over several seasons. There was nothing catastrophic to indicate that Grix had his hands tied to his back in fact when Marshall got sacked, we was two-points of the playoffs. The evidence was there that season, won first 5 out of 6 and then 2 of the last 12. I think people even forget last year, although only 4 games, that was his squad and apart from one game against York, we were average a best. To make the playoffs, you'rere looking to win anything from 55%-65% of your games. We, therefore, need to win anything from 11 - 15 of our last 18 games. For me, we don't look like we are going to achieve that.

again a very good post singaporefax
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4146
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 17 200222 years300th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 22 17:211st Apr 22 12:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall

Re: simon grix : Sun May 02, 2021 4:09 pm  
terry silver wrote:
all being well we will be able to attend the game on the 30th in person

Well.... under usual circumstances I would offer to continue this conversation over a pint in the three pigeons on the 30th with a few other fax fans I know. However, that is my Ruby wedding anniversary and in all likelihood I will be otherwise deployed!!
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player693No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years115th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: simon grix : Sun May 02, 2021 4:10 pm  
SingaporeFax wrote:
Spot on.

Just reviewing all the games Grix has been in charge of (sad I know); apart from the start, winning 5 of the first six, we've won 5 of the last 24 competitive games. We are a losing club, with clearly losing habits. I don't think you turn that around quickly. It's easier to see a trajectory if we were underperforming beforehand under Marshall but we weren't. We are not marginally but SIGNIFICANTLY worse under Grix right now.

keep it coming spot on post
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player693No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years115th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: simon grix : Sun May 02, 2021 4:19 pm  
Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
Well.... under usual circumstances I would offer to continue this conversation over a pint in the three pigeons on the 30th with a few other fax fans I know. However, that is my Ruby wedding anniversary and in all likelihood I will be otherwise deployed!!

either way enjoy the day
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9335
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years55th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 07:317th Apr 24 16:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: simon grix : Sun May 02, 2021 5:07 pm  
chazzerboy wrote:
We should beat a team like Oldham. Bigger budget. No excuses .
Halfbacks too inexperienced. For me you need a old head at HB and someone willing to get hands dirty.
Coach was given job ... why. Had no experience even as a assistant. Marshy learned of a great coach in Tony Smith.
We was promised a expansive game and to be entertained by Croad. Rawsthorne who is talented player hardly gets the ball.
We need a change. Grix isn't the man by looks of it.

Rawsthorne was awful yesterday.
PreviousNext