Oct 26 201014 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 19:4422nd May 24 18:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Mon May 24, 2021 11:06 pm  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
How long we can stay in the contest? :? What a depressing point of view. :?

Why?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain140No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 28 20195 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 23:1120th May 24 13:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Tue May 25, 2021 12:58 am  
The Phantom Horseman wrote:
Regarding"full time"...there are a few Fev players who don't have a job outside rugby, but most of them do...roofers, gas board, mechanic etc. The only full-time teams in our division are Toulouse and London, though Bradford also have a number of players who don't have a job outside RL.

You are right about the injury list though, Webster spoke about having "10 or 11" players unavailable for the Sheffield game...Blackmore, Ferres, Welham, Ferguson, Hardcastle, Harrison, Moors, Ferres, Cooper amongst the players missing yesterday and Jack Bussey, who has been outstanding lately, went off with what looked a bad injury in the second half. So with Fax seemingly going much better the game probably looks a lot more competitive than it did a couple of weeks ago.

I'd say Fev have, on paper, a better 6 & 7. I'd have said Chisholm too but think JWH is playing very well at the moment. Ferres and Welham certainly would bring something to most sides at this level. Moors is certainly an xfactor at this level but we also have Springer and Tangata. Lets see.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4658
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201113 years107th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 21:5718th May 24 21:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: FEV Sunday : Tue May 25, 2021 7:20 am  
faxcar wrote:
Why?

Because if you go into a game with that mindset you are on the backfoot immediately. I'd prefer it if my team went into the match with a positive attitude, not thinking the other team is better than us before a game even starts.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4288
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 19:4422nd May 24 18:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Tue May 25, 2021 8:17 am  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
Because if you go into a game with that mindset you are on the backfoot immediately. I'd prefer it if my team went into the match with a positive attitude, not thinking the other team is better than us before a game even starts.

Absolutely, but what I said about the team was "Fax will be up for it" which clearly is a positive attitude, nothing depressing about that at all.

As a player, I would have and have gone into games when playing against one the best sides in the comp who are currently sitting unbeaten at the top of the league even more ready, precisely because of that and the Fax lads will be exactly the same.

However the question remains for me as a supporter since the Toulouse and Oldham games, have we really improved enough to compete against the best for a full 80 minutes?

It's one thing to have a couple of good performances and results against Dewsbury and Newcastle than Fev and for me what i said was "it will be interesting to see if we can stay in the contest" or to to put it another way, as above to see if we really have improved.

Does no one else wonder that?

An added factor of interest to me is, how will the lads do playing at home in a big game in front of their own crowd for the first time in over a year.

Sometimes it can work for you, sometimes it can work against you.........................................character test?..........................................interesting.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain140No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 28 20195 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 23:1120th May 24 13:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Tue May 25, 2021 8:28 am  
faxcar wrote:
Absolutely, but what I said about the team was "Fax will be up for it" which clearly is a positive attitude, nothing depressing about that at all.

As a player, I would have and have gone into games when playing against one the best sides in the comp who are currently sitting unbeaten at the top of the league even more ready, precisely because of that and the Fax lads will be exactly the same.

However the question remains for me as a supporter since the Toulouse and Oldham games, have we really improved enough to compete against the best for a full 80 minutes?

It's one thing to have a couple of good performances and results against Dewsbury and Newcastle than Fev and for me what i said was "it will be interesting to see if we can stay in the contest" or to to put it another way, as above to see if we really have improved.

An added factor of interest to me is, how will the lads do playing at home in a big game in front of their own crowd for the first time in over a year.

Sometimes it can work for you, sometimes it can work against you.........................................character test?..........................................interesting.

It's an acid test of extreme acidity.

It's quite difficult to predict based on recent history. It would seem the improvement has been exponential rather than incremental, meaning we have won but won beyond a convincing manner. To nil two teams in consecutive weeks, away from home, and both I think will be finishing mid-table. Toulouse has put the absolute cleaners through eveyone, apart from against us where apart from the first 20, we were pretty evenly matched. If we get flogged, then again Grix is going to be under scrutiny. Can beat the teams below but won't compete with those above. If you follow the NRL, Cronulla got rid of John Morris on this very principle. I think Grix has a lot to prove on Sunday.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain828
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 19 20159 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 14:5220th May 24 16:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Tue May 25, 2021 1:43 pm  
have watched a few of the fev games on ourleague and if they play how they did against york we will win with ease but normaly they seem to win by half time
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player710No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years113th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st May 24 16:2220th May 24 15:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Tue May 25, 2021 2:28 pm  
faxcar wrote:

I think your right this weekend is a big test of character and with all due respect to the sides we have just beat in the last 2 games its in the games against the best sides were grix as it all to prove is record against the best sides in this division is very poor this weekend would be a very good time to start improving that record with a win. For me how we deal with fev when they get on a roll will determine if we win or not we need to show a real resolve to stand up to them and if we can do that than of course we can win
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player710No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years113th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st May 24 16:2220th May 24 15:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Tue May 25, 2021 2:31 pm  
SingaporeFax wrote:
It's an acid test of extreme acidity.

It's quite difficult to predict based on recent history. It would seem the improvement has been exponential rather than incremental, meaning we have won but won beyond a convincing manner. To nil two teams in consecutive weeks, away from home, and both I think will be finishing mid-table. Toulouse has put the absolute cleaners through eveyone, apart from against us where apart from the first 20, we were pretty evenly matched. If we get flogged, then again Grix is going to be under scrutiny. Can beat the teams below but won't compete with those above. If you follow the NRL, Cronulla got rid of John Morris on this very principle. I think Grix has a lot to prove on Sunday.

I agree sunday will show if we really have improved or not
RankPostsTeam
International Star1069No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 24 201212 years177th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 10:3018th May 24 08:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FEV Sunday : Tue May 25, 2021 3:37 pm  
hooligan27 wrote:
have watched a few of the fev games on ourleague and if they play how they did against york we will win with ease but normaly they seem to win by half time

Bold shout, that. Fev were clearly the better team in that game and dominated in terms of yardage gained, just lacked a bit of cutting edge in York's 20. York's defence is better than that of the teams who we have run up big scores against, the Oldhams, Swintons, Whitehavens and Sheffields.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9365
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years55th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 21:0420th May 24 14:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: FEV Sunday : Wed May 26, 2021 8:34 am  
Still expecting a big Fev win here. Dewsbury and Newcastle were both awful and although its probably good for form and morale until I see us put in a good performance against a good side im reserving judgement. I would take us been competitive for the full 80 minutes against a team I expect to be there or there abouts when it comes to the grand final at the end of the season.
PreviousNext