FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - UK Asylum seekers
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:47 am  
chissitt wrote:
Serious problem yes, national crisis no, that's the interpretation your putting on it, you should be playing for the rhinos with a sidestep you possess :lol:
If you want a sensible discussion you need to get past your bitterness towards the Government.

They are no longer a government they are a law breaking sham who are finding ways to kick down on the powerless and the weak to make themselves look strong for their political ends. They don't care how much it costs the country, they don't care if courts repeatedly find them to have broken laws, they don't care that they've destroyed our economy, they don't care if our international allies are stepping further away from us.

Johnson and his cabinet of no talents could do almost nothing that would remove my contempt for them.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:46 pm  
I live on the Kent Coast and see these migrant boats arrive fairly regularly, close to where I live.
They land the migrants at the local lifeboat station, having been escorted in by the RNLI. Then they whisk them off in minibuses.
The ones I have seen recently do not look that needy. All male, mid to early twenties and well dressed, they have the latest trainers, mobile phones and certainly do not look as if they have been living rough, prior to their departure from France.
What I would say is, they do take a great risk crossing in these craft. The sea lanes are very busy and one day one of them will get run down by one of the massive vessels that travel through.
People around here, by and large, do not have too much sympathy for the migrants.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:51 pm  
Victor wrote:
I live on the Kent Coast and see these migrant boats arrive fairly regularly, close to where I live.
They land the migrants at the local lifeboat station, having been escorted in by the RNLI. Then they whisk them off in minibuses.
The ones I have seen recently do not look that needy. All male, mid to early twenties and well dressed, they have the latest trainers, mobile phones and certainly do not look as if they have been living rough, prior to their departure from France.
What I would say is, they do take a great risk crossing in these craft. The sea lanes are very busy and one day one of them will get run down by one of the massive vessels that travel through.
People around here, by and large, do not have too much sympathy for the migrants.


Sounds like people of good working age, who could, if given the chance, fill the gaps in labour in the uk and end up paying taxes.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:19 pm  
Sadfish wrote:
Sounds like people of good working age, who could, if given the chance, fill the gaps in labour in the uk and end up paying taxes.

We have our own unemployed labour force, why not let them fill the gaps in the labour market, unfortunately having to get up and go to work not to mention having to pay income tax does not appeal to most of them, wonder how long it would be once those people of good working age would realise they'd be better off on benefits.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:25 pm  
chissitt wrote:
We have our own unemployed labour force, why not let them fill the gaps in the labour market, unfortunately having to get up and go to work not to mention having to pay income tax does not appeal to most of them, wonder how long it would be once those people of good working age would realise they'd be better off on benefits.

Where? the vast majority of the unemployed are unwell, with disabilities, incapable of work or generally not willing to work.

So we need to enhance the Labour market, consider how many Europeans have left, we need to get these migrants into the labour market asap.

The country will be weighted with aging population if we dont make changes to immigration pretty soon.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:56 pm  
chissitt wrote:
We have our own unemployed labour force, why not let them fill the gaps in the labour market, unfortunately having to get up and go to work not to mention having to pay income tax does not appeal to most of them, wonder how long it would be once those people of good working age would realise they'd be better off on benefits.


If you read the Tory press, they suggest that claiming benefits is the only reason people come here. Not something that I go along with.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:57 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
If you read the Tory press, they suggest that claiming benefits is the only reason people come here. Not something that I go along with.

illegal Immigrants and refugees struggle to get anything worthwhile off the UK government, it isn't easy, Illegal immigrants cant get anything, if they go through the system and becomd an asylum seeker they £40.85 per person on a payment card per week if they are in gov accomodation.

at the end of the day, these people don't travel around the world to get £40 a week, they are eager to earn more, and we should utilise that and get them working, the sooner they do the sooner they are out of the system and paying tax.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:08 pm  
Victor wrote:
I live on the Kent Coast and see these migrant boats arrive fairly regularly, close to where I live.
They land the migrants at the local lifeboat station, having been escorted in by the RNLI. Then they whisk them off in minibuses.
The ones I have seen recently do not look that needy. All male, mid to early twenties and well dressed, they have the latest trainers, mobile phones and certainly do not look as if they have been living rough, prior to their departure from France.
What I would say is, they do take a great risk crossing in these craft. The sea lanes are very busy and one day one of them will get run down by one of the massive vessels that travel through.
People around here, by and large, do not have too much sympathy for the migrants.


You see this is where the media and Tory lies have done their job, they’ve fed you a line that asylum seekers should benneedy- and you’ve swallowed that line without even thinking about it. .
Why should they be needy- they are seeking ASYLUM- they are not by definition economic migrants - in fact the ones that make it here at all are the well off- because those are the ex lawyers, teachers, nurses, accountants, business owners, property owners who had the money to be able to pay the traffickers in the first place!
These people are fleeing persecution, or war- they were successful people with good jobs- just like your or I- so why wouldn’t they have good trainers or a decent mobile phone???
If your home was bombed and you had to flee- would you suddenly find yourself wearing poundshop clothing and be clutching a Nokia?
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:55 am  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
They are no longer a government they are a law breaking sham who are finding ways to kick down on the powerless and the weak to make themselves look strong for their political ends. They don't care how much it costs the country, they don't care if courts repeatedly find them to have broken laws, they don't care that they've destroyed our economy, they don't care if our international allies are stepping further away from us.

Johnson and his cabinet of no talents could do almost nothing that would remove my contempt for them.

I presume you are aware that the EU is paying Turkey billions to house thousands of refugees. Many in tented camps, also dotted across the Middle East is various other refugees camps. Beirut for example. Turkey has threatened to open up the refugee flood gates if the money is stopped.
Without doubt this scenario is a direct result of the Blair/ Bush war in Iraq, I note that some of the illegal immigrants entering this country are from a wide range of countries. EG Vietnam, Iran , Albania and Eritrea. Not certain if we owe any obligation to anyone from that neck of the woods.
Since Blair and mandlelson opened up the human floodgates ,millions have entered this country. The health services have struggled under the strain, quite understandably. However it’s turned out fine and dandy for the left wing brigade to blame every shortcoming on the tories.
Lucking on the bright side lots of leftie lovies law firms in London are making a fortune in legal aid. Quick question for you , when do we put up the house full signs. Or do we keep on accepting this on a day by day basis
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:01 am  
Backwoodsman wrote:
I presume you are aware that the EU is paying Turkey billions to house thousands of refugees. Many in tented camps, also dotted across the Middle East is various other refugees camps. Beirut for example. Turkey has threatened to open up the refugee flood gates if the money is stopped.
Without doubt this scenario is a direct result of the Blair/ Bush war in Iraq, I note that some of the illegal immigrants entering this country are from a wide range of countries. EG Vietnam, Iran , Albania and Eritrea. Not certain if we owe any obligation to anyone from that neck of the woods.
Since Blair and mandlelson opened up the human floodgates ,millions have entered this country. The health services have struggled under the strain, quite understandably. However it’s turned out fine and dandy for the left wing brigade to blame every shortcoming on the tories.
Lucking on the bright side lots of leftie lovies law firms in London are making a fortune in legal aid. Quick question for you , when do we put up the house full signs. Or do we keep on accepting this on a day by day basis


The European Commission adopted two financing decisions, amounting to €560 million, to support inclusive quality education for refugees in Turkey and access to higher education as well as for migration and border protection.

We cannot put up the "full" signs, as we need 1000s of migrants to fill the employment holes left by leaving the EU, not to mention the lack of children, we are down to 1.7 children per household now, well below the 2.1 children needed to keep the status quo, so where are we going to get the people we need to get the UK back on track?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 103 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Sin Bin