FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - UK Asylum seekers
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:37 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Sadly not only are you wrong the evidence says you are wrong they are not all economic migrants

Dehumanising others is Right Wing 101. Generating fear and finding a way to blame the poor for all that's wrong with the world, rather than their policies, is how they cling to power.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:58 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
However people arrive in the UK, if the then try to claim asylum, they are asylum seekers.
Whether anyone should be able to travel through multiple countries, before claiming asylum, is a different question.

You have to "smile" about the choice of Rwanda, when the government over there have said that there is a shortage of
young males because they have had so many leave the country in recent years ??

The elephant in the room being that it's not a great place to live.

No they shouldn't be able to travel through other safe countries to claim asylum in their county of choice. It shouldn't be like choosing your annual holiday destination.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:00 am  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Dehumanising others is Right Wing 101. Generating fear and finding a way to blame the poor for all that's wrong with the world, rather than their policies, is how they cling to power.

They are not that poor that they can't afford to pay criminal gangs thousands of pounds.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:19 am  
wotsupcas wrote:
No they shouldn't be able to travel through other safe countries to claim asylum in their county of choice. It shouldn't be like choosing your annual holiday destination.


Indeed.
However, there's a fair bit of desperation there, to live in the camps around Calais and then risk your life to get to the UK.
It does make you wonder what the UK has, thet, say, France or Germany (or any other EU country) hasn't got.
After all, once someone has made it to an EU destination, they could pick any other country within that bloc and many 1000's do.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:39 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Indeed.
However, there's a fair bit of desperation there, to live in the camps around Calais and then risk your life to get to the UK.
It does make you wonder what the UK has, thet, say, France or Germany (or any other EU country) hasn't got.
After all, once someone has made it to an EU destination, they could pick any other country within that bloc and many 1000's do.

It's quite simple really, can't speak for other Countries but France makes it far more difficult to obtain asylum than the UK does, the process is more complicated and takes a lot longer, that's why they choose the UK. HTH.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:10 pm  
wotsupcas wrote:
No they shouldn't be able to travel through other safe countries to claim asylum in their county of choice. It shouldn't be like choosing your annual holiday destination.

Of course until we left the EU we were part of a system which allowed us to return people arriving in the UK to France or other EU countries. As part of taking back control we no longer have that option.

So we'd need the UK to withdraw from the UN Refugee Convention which explicitly states there is no 'first country' rule.

How far are people willing to go to make the UK a pariah country? It's not as if, in context, the UK has very many asylum seekers in the first place despite what the Mail and Express tell their readers.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:35 pm  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Of course until we left the EU we were part of a system which allowed us to return people arriving in the UK to France or other EU countries. As part of taking back control we no longer have that option.

So we'd need the UK to withdraw from the UN Refugee Convention which explicitly states there is no 'first country' rule.

How far are people willing to go to make the UK a pariah country? It's not as if, in context, the UK has very many asylum seekers in the first place despite what the Mail and Express tell their readers.


How dare you destroy a Rant with Facts
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:45 pm  
Jukesays wrote:
How dare you destroy a Rant with Facts

I see your erectile dysfunction is still a problem then.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:56 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Indeed.
It does make you wonder what the UK has, thet, say, France or Germany (or any other EU country) hasn't got.


A big factor is probably language. There are more English speakers either as a first or second language than any other; it will make resettlement significantly easier if you can speak the language of that country. Leaving out the ease of the processes as I have no knowledge, I think it's probably appealing to go to somewhere which already has a sizeable community of people from the same country and we are quite a welcoming country anyway - despite what some on this forum would have you believe.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:37 pm  
chissitt wrote:
I see your erectile dysfunction is still a problem then.


See your still giving opinions and defending one side even though you don't really want to be involved (Honestly)

Anything to contribute?

PS

Me & Conroy (Who BTW has had a name change on RLFans) used to have Erections every home game.
Sometimes I'd have one on my own, sometimes He'd help me with mine & Sometimes I'd help him with his

The Flags wouldn't go up on their own
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 104 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Sin Bin