JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years62nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:34 pm  
wotsupcas wrote:
wotsupcas wrote:
But its not our problem. We can't house, educate and treat anyone and everyone from every basket case country in the world for God's sake.

Great, well the good news is we have less asylum seekers than any other large country in Europe and and are miles under comparable countries by head of population.

Again unfortunately you seem to believe the Mail/Express/Sun/Tory lies that we are "overrun". Take a step back and try and dismiss these unreliable sources with their transparent agendas. Instead you'd be better off questioning why they want to sell you that false narrative.

We have obligations under decades-old international treaties about how to treat people coming to this country. This government are pushing us close to the edge of what is legal and humane in their attempts to rile you up. Don't fall for it.
RankPostsTeam
International Star906No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 02 201410 years191st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 18:3812th Mar 24 18:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:03 pm  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Great, well the good news is we have less asylum seekers than any other large country in Europe and and are miles under comparable countries by head of population.

Again unfortunately you seem to believe the Mail/Express/Sun/Tory lies that we are "overrun". Take a step back and try and dismiss these unreliable sources with their transparent agendas. Instead you'd be better off questioning why they want to sell you that false narrative.

We have obligations under decades-old international treaties about how to treat people coming to this country. This government are pushing us close to the edge of what is legal and humane in their attempts to rile you up. Don't fall for it.

As far as genuine asylum seekers fearing death and torture in their own country then yes, we should take our fair share. But it seems to me that the parameters for being an asylum seeker are being stretched to the limit.
It now seems that anyone who is pee'd off with living in a poop hole and wants to come here and is seeking "asylum".
IMHO anyone who arrives in a dinghy should be classed as an illegal immigrant who is funding a criminal gang and should be treated as such.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5113
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 01:2226th Mar 24 21:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:05 pm  
wotsupcas wrote:
wotsupcas wrote:
Why would I. And what the hell has it to do with my post you quoted.

Because just saying we are full is also not an answer. They want to stop the boats but to do that you need a system to allow people to apply legally but unfortunately they don’t exist except from Hong Kong and Ukraine. The Home Secretary cannot even provide an answer to this conundrum of their own making.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years62nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:18 pm  
wotsupcas wrote:
It now seems that anyone who is pee'd off with living in a poop hole and wants to come here and is seeking "asylum".

I wonder where no earth you are getting these ideas from. Have you spoken to any asylum seekers? It's a pretty desperate thing to do and it's a pretty desperate existence once here.

wotsupcas wrote:
IMHO anyone who arrives in a dinghy should be classed as an illegal immigrant who is funding a criminal gang and should be treated as such.
For people claiming asylum there is literally no such thing as an "illegal", it's by definition impossible to use the term.

Your proposal meanwhile would break international agreements this country has been signed up to for decades, all to play up a political agenda that helps the Tory party by making people angry about something they are utterly ignorant about or, as we have seen, badly misinformed about.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7718
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 23:5827th Mar 24 22:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:44 am  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
I wonder where no earth you are getting these ideas from. Have you spoken to any asylum seekers? It's a pretty desperate thing to do and it's a pretty desperate existence once here.

For people claiming asylum there is literally no such thing as an "illegal", it's by definition impossible to use the term.

Your proposal meanwhile would break international agreements this country has been signed up to for decades, all to play up a political agenda that helps the Tory party by making people angry about something they are utterly ignorant about or, as we have seen, badly misinformed about.

To Distract anyone from looking at the Hundreds of Real Problems they've created and the Trough of money they have syphoned off to the Rich through various Guises which are the real issues

Just wanted to ass the above to the end of your sentence
RankPostsTeam
International Star4641
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 25 201014 years186th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 24 08:2514th Mar 24 11:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:17 am  
wotsupcas wrote:
wotsupcas wrote:

Yeah, because anyone who is a bit pee'd off with where they live usually finds that paying their life savings to a criminal for a dinghy ride across one of the world's busiest shipping lanes, only to be holed up in a complex processing centre, is usually the best bet.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 11 20203 years158th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 12:3326th Mar 24 12:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:29 pm  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
I've been to Albania around a dozen times since 2003 and the progress is clear but let's not kid ourselves that Albania has anywhere near EU-standards of legal protection, enforcement or civil rights. The country has a veneer of civilisation which works well in the touristy areas but underneath there is a lot of crime with gangs and the Albanian mafia remaining strong. Deadly blood feuds between gangs and families are still a major, major problem with sectarian murder and reprisal killings still shockingly common. The presence of likely death due to this is one of the major reasons people fleet Albania. The British press with their pathetic, obviously racist smears of "Albanian men" deliberately mislead their readers about why people leave that country.

A bit like many of the less affluent areas of the major cities in this country especially in London/Manchester/Liverpool/Glasgow but we don't see a significant outflow of these people to other countries. We have a non-existent policing presence in these areas and deaths are weekly sometimes daily? Calling an Albanian man an Albanian man is not a racial slur its a statement of fact.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years62nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:11 pm  
If you just compared UK policing, judicial rights and gang deaths to Albanian equivalents then I don't think you're really paying attention to facts.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 11 20203 years158th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 12:3326th Mar 24 12:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:31 pm  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
If you just compared UK policing, judicial rights and gang deaths to Albanian equivalents then I don't think you're really paying attention to facts.

I think you underestimate the state of the social infrastructure in certain areas of the UK - these areas are jungles that do not conform to your idea of cosy UK. These areas are as violent as anywhere in the world - life is worthless.

The other points you failed to address - if its all about getting out of where they are into a safe country - surely the first safe place should be appropriate not risking travelling thousands of miles to get to another safe country?

Why are these people running - how do you effect change if you have simply done a runner?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years62nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:01 pm  
Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
I think you underestimate the state of the social infrastructure in certain areas of the UK - these areas are jungles that do not conform to your idea of cosy UK. These areas are as violent as anywhere in the world - life is worthless.

Have you been watching Fox News :lol:

Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
The other points you failed to address - if its all about getting out of where they are into a safe country - surely the first safe place should be appropriate not risking travelling thousands of miles to get to another safe country?
Ah the classic Daily Mail trope. People aren't legally required to claim asylum in the first country they arrive in, that's fundamental to the entire international asylum system. Although countries like Italy already take in many tens of thousands more than the few who make it to our shores.

There are lots of reasons people may want to continue on to the UK or other countries and family ties are the dominant reason.
Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
Why are these people running
I thought we'd established that, for many it is because they are afraid of being killed.
PreviousNext