FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - UK Asylum seekers
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:52 pm  
jools wrote:
The British empire existed to "civilize" the rest of the world.
It lingered after the ottoman empire ceased and so its influence will remain after. Which other language do they most likely speak Turkish, Italian or English? Why do you think this is the case? If you had the choice where would you rather live, in a place where you spoke nothing of the language and knew nothing of the country, or where you could get by and had some idea of the history of the place?

Albania - 4th most applications for asylum.
To my knowledge never part of British Empire - Ottoman to early 1900s - then Italy.
Sorry but can’t agree the sole reason asylum seekers head to U.K. is based on language.
English is (I’m guessing) second language in most European countries or at very least widely spoken, so don’t see why “language” would be a great influence on which country the asylum seeker heads for.
Furthermore I just can’t fathom why somebody fleeing persecution would risk jumping on a lorry/crossing the channel in a dinghy, generally putting their live at risk,because they may or may not speak English - English is widely spoken in the countries they have come through.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:35 pm  
Asylum seekers come here because they know they can hold offshore bank accounts and fiddle their taxes.
Fair do’s :D

And of course the small matter that UK has been at the forefront of raizing and mass civilian murder in their own countries for the last 20 years.

Then of course UK borders are a turnstile with the continued flood in of rich Indians, rich Afghans, rich Hong Kongers, rich Russian oligarchs, rich Saudis,and rich and corrupt anyone else :lol:
Not forgetting the Odessa Files lol
What’s not to like :D
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:17 pm  
TURFEDOUT wrote:
Albania - 4th most applications for asylum.
To my knowledge never part of British Empire - Ottoman to early 1900s - then Italy.
Sorry but can’t agree the sole reason asylum seekers head to U.K. is based on language.
English is (I’m guessing) second language in most European countries or at very least widely spoken, so don’t see why “language” would be a great influence on which country the asylum seeker heads for.
Furthermore I just can’t fathom why somebody fleeing persecution would risk jumping on a lorry/crossing the channel in a dinghy, generally putting their live at risk,because they may or may not speak English - English is widely spoken in the countries they have come through.


Well there ya go- English is the second language in most European countries you say……. Wonder why……
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:32 pm  
I thought Albania was one of the countries the Home Office wanted to set up a Rwandan type of arrangement before Rwanda.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:22 pm  
It seems that The Government were warned about the dangers of the Rwandan Government prior to setting up the "assylum scheme", in that they either "kill or torture their political opponents".
Maybe we should send some of our government ministers over there first, to make sure it's a safe option.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:33 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
It seems that The Government were warned about the dangers of the Rwandan Government prior to setting up the "assylum scheme", in that they either "kill or torture their political opponents".
Maybe we should send some of our government ministers over there first, to make sure it's a safe option.


They just need to tell de Pfeffel it’s an all included holiday paid for by Lord Bamford, he would be there no questions asked after all he considers it better than doing his current job.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:05 am  
We know they come here for are benefits . There I said it
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:54 am  
Seen on gb news this morning that 1200 arrived yesterday on boats. That’s 1200 in one day and the government can find them accommodation in 4 star hotels with thousands of pounds of hand out money for latest trainers and iPhones in one day but we can’t get houses for are own homeless on the streets?

And left wing msm don’t report on this only gb news which is only non biased lefty channel.
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:35 am  
Craig_David wrote:
Seen on gb news this morning that 1200 arrived yesterday on boats. That’s 1200 in one day and the government can find them accommodation in 4 star hotels with thousands of pounds of hand out money for latest trainers and iPhones in one day but we can’t get houses for are own homeless on the streets?

And left wing msm don’t report on this only gb news which is only non biased lefty channel.

Good stuff :lol:
Re: UK Asylum seekers : Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:18 pm  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Good stuff :lol:


Brilliant isn't it :lol:

The only non Lefty Channel - Showing up the Right Wing Government's failures in not protecting their own Borders which is primarily what they campaigned on, and then people like this blaming the Left for covering it up! Classic! :lol:
They've only had 12 years in Government and 6 years since Brexit to sort it and haven't, and thank god for GB News for exposing it!
While the MSM (Can't believe I just typed that :wink: ) are covering up the Governments lies, false promises and failures!
Definitive proof that the MSM are Right wing!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 183 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Sin Bin