JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years63rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:59 am  
Backwoodsman wrote:
Since Blair and mandlelson opened up the human floodgates ,millions have entered this country.

Are you talking about legal migration or the relatively small issue of illegal migration? Or are you conflating the two like Tories/Kippers do into one big lump of "forriners", deliberately to confuse and enrage people.

As @Sadfish says, our chronic labour market shortages and basic demographics mean we are in desperate need of the labour that used to come in here to plug the gaps. That was before lunatics spent five years telling them to leave the country.

Backwoodsman wrote:
millions have entered this country. The health services have struggled under the strain, quite understandably. However it’s turned out fine and dandy for the left wing brigade to blame every shortcoming on the tories.
Yes, it's absolutely nothing to do with the chronic underfunding of services by the Tories who have been in power for more than a decade now. No siree, let's blame foreign people and lefties, how about the EU, do you still want to try blaming them?

You right wingers constantly demand people take personal responsibility. But you never, ever take responsibility for what you and the government you elected have done to our country. It's always someone else's fault: another country, another government, immigrants or lefties. Try and hold you to account and you get all snowflakey, complain about being picked on or the left wing media (LOL) or some other ridiculous trivia.

You lot have run the country for almost all of my lifetime. If it's a mess, which it clearly is, how about you look closer to home than blaming everyone else for what you've done?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200716 years99th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 18:3515th Sep 23 10:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:33 pm  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
You lot have run the country for almost all of my lifetime. If it's a mess, which it clearly is, how about you look closer to home than blaming everyone else for what you've done?

Here we go again that owd chestnut, YOU LOT, you don't give a toss about the migrants illegal or otherwise, it's just another stick to beat the Government with haven't you thought for one minute that he might be one of your lot with a different outlook on the matter to you, your that desperate because your lot are such non descripts you have to support Sir Keir and his leggy mate to legitimise your bitterness, so sad if you really want a project bob down to Headingley both side of the divide there could do with some help for different reasons, your psychoanalyst skills may come in handy :D
RankPostsTeam
Moderator8080
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 02 200222 years88th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 15:1624th Mar 24 17:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:15 pm  
So to summarise this and every other thread:

Most people: The press are just breaking the news that a government minister has chopped 200 children into little bits and sold them in pies. Its terrible.

One person: Any excuse to have a go. You don't see boring labour feeding people like that.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12568
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years126th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 23:3825th Mar 24 07:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:04 pm  
chissitt wrote:
Here we go again that owd chestnut, YOU LOT, you don't give a toss about the migrants illegal or otherwise, it's just another stick to beat the Government with haven't you thought for one minute that he might be one of your lot with a different outlook on the matter to you, your that desperate because your lot are such non descripts you have to support Sir Keir and his leggy mate to legitimise your bitterness, so sad if you really want a project bob down to Headingley both side of the divide there could do with some help for different reasons, your psychoanalyst skills may come in handy :D

Do you believe that Boris Johnson and Priti Patel are concerned by the plight of migrants crossing the channel and the primary goal of their policy is to address the problem?

More generally, do you believe Boris Johnson is acting in good faith for the betterment of the country and all of its people? Do you believe that your well-being and that of people like you is important to him?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200716 years99th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:24 pm  
Mild Rover wrote:
Do you believe that Boris Johnson and Priti Patel are concerned by the plight of migrants crossing the channel and the primary goal of their policy is to address the problem?

More generally, do you believe Boris Johnson is acting in good faith for the betterment of the country and all of its people? Do you believe that your well-being and that of people like you is important to him?

In a word NO.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12568
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years126th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 23:3825th Mar 24 07:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:30 pm  
chissitt wrote:
In a word NO.

Fair play.

My long-awaited and much-anticipated thread on the synoptic problem could be in the offing, if we’ve resolved this.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years63rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:07 pm  
chissitt wrote:
Here we go again that owd chestnut, YOU LOT, you don't give a toss about the migrants illegal or otherwise,
I'm sorry if it really triggers you when people point out that the people who have run the country for the past 12 years are the ones responsible for its lamentable state.

It's not lefties or foreigners or the EU. It's not Jeremy Corbyn or those fat cat nurses, teachers and scientists. Or people on benefits living a high life.

The Tories are in charge, total charge, and they have led us to this place. And also responsible to some degree are you and me and everyone else who voted for them or twists themselves into knots apologising for them.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200716 years99th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:50 pm  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
I'm sorry if it really triggers you when people point out that the people who have run the country for the past 12 years are the ones responsible for its lamentable state.

The Tories are in charge, total charge, and they have led us to this place. And also responsible to some degree are you and me and everyone else who voted for them or twists themselves into knots apologising for them.

There's no need to feel sorry for me when people point out the failings of the Government, I can see them for myself, I don't defend the Government over anything and would ask you to point out where I have, but I do reserve the right to question some of your opinions without getting the usual playground insults thrown at me because my opinion at times differs to yours, which results in being called a Tory lover and labelled one of your lot, having said that I have no confidence in any other party either that's why I don't bother voting not to mention not having to apologise for them or twist myself into knots for the embarrassment they keep causing, and just remember there were plenty of Labour and Lib Dem supporters voted for Brexit, and before you reply I had misgivings both ways and therefore did not vote myself so have no comment to make either way.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5113
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years84th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:4126th Mar 24 21:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:11 pm  
chissitt wrote:
There's no need to feel sorry for me when people point out the failings of the Government, I can see them for myself, I don't defend the Government over anything and would ask you to point out where I have, but I do reserve the right to question some of your opinions without getting the usual playground insults thrown at me because my opinion at times differs to yours, which results in being called a Tory lover and labelled one of your lot, having said that I have no confidence in any other party either that's why I don't bother voting not to mention not having to apologise for them or twist myself into knots for the embarrassment they keep causing, and just remember there were plenty of Labour and Lib Dem supporters voted for Brexit, and before you reply I had misgivings both ways and therefore did not vote myself so have no comment to make either way.

This confirms basically that you don’t believe voting makes a difference and that you never read newspapers. I ask on what grounds you can question those on here who criticise the government and vote to try to stop them. We are still a democracy well just about but at least many have registered what they think by voting regardless who it is for and regardless of if you are successful or not. If you don’t vote you can only blame yourself for what you get not others on here who have.
I believe de Pfeffel is slowly destroying our country by copying the style of Trump because the similarities are obvious to all, well those that follow the news so probably not you.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200716 years99th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: UK Asylum seekers : Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:39 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
This confirms basically that you don’t believe voting makes a difference and that you never read newspapers. I ask on what grounds you can question those on here who criticise the government and vote to try to stop them. We are still a democracy well just about but at least many have registered what they think by voting regardless who it is for and regardless of if you are successful or not. If you don’t vote you can only blame yourself for what you get not others on here who have.
I believe Boris is slowly destroying our country by copying the style of Trump because the similarities are obvious to all, well those that follow the news so probably not you.

If that's how you want to interpret it squire then fill your boots, it is after all my choice and if don't want to vote then I don't see why I should seek your permission to abstain on voting for any parties I don't believe in as you reluctantly say we are a democracy, not sure what not reading any newspapers has to do with voting though, the only link I can see here is both the media and the political parties only tell you what they want you to know, a bit like you really, as for having only myself to blame for what I get just remind what it is I've complained about, I'd get what I get whatever party is in power so my thoughts are simply crack on with it, if you want to rule the country or be a part of that process then by all means go for it, have to say, you do seem to have a lot in common.

Not sure why you would want to link Boris with Trump on a thread about asylum seekers as the holy ghost implied in a previous post it's not that big a deal, Trumps gone if you hadn't noticed even I knew that despite you thinking that I don't watch the news, admittedly it's not always reliable, but it's far more informative and reliable than you, hopefully this is the end of the matter as I've explained things in simple terms for you and no reply is necessary.
PreviousNext