OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 19:199th May 24 17:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Re: BorisGate - A Christmas Cover Up : Fri May 27, 2022 3:24 pm  
johnson is no world beater, but the alterative is unthinkable. sleezy Starmer and his left wing mob is unelectable and everyone knows that
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12596
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years125th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 19:5611th May 24 07:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: BorisGate - A Christmas Cover Up : Fri May 27, 2022 3:59 pm  
hull2524 wrote:
johnson is no world beater, but the alterative is unthinkable. sleezy Starmer and his left wing mob is unelectable and everyone knows that

Oh, lovely… reinforcements!

Why do you regard Starmer as being sleazy? Why do believe he is unelectable?

There are other more immediate alternatives, within the parliamentary Conservative Party. Would you not have preferred one of them… or are you pleased that they have nailed their colours so firmly to the Johnsonian mast?
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12596
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years125th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: BorisGate - A Christmas Cover Up : Fri May 27, 2022 4:23 pm  
I see the Ministerial Code has been re-written, so that Ministers who break it will no longer be expected to resign. They can just apologise and maybe have their pay docked. Johnson has re-written the foreword removing references to outdated principles such as ‘honesty’, ‘integrity’, ‘transparency’ and ‘accountability’.

I’ve never really seen the point of a written constitution, because it could always just be thrown on a bonfire… but as it turns out it might have been useful in a fuel crisis.
Strange way to go into Jubilee week, innit?

In all seriousness, it’s a bit scary now. He’s dangerous and it is all getting very, very Trumpian. Feck.
Last edited by Mild Rover on Sat May 28, 2022 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years65th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: BorisGate - A Christmas Cover Up : Fri May 27, 2022 10:22 pm  
hull2524 wrote:

Oh you're a real treasure.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5121
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years85th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 03:5610th May 24 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: BorisGate - A Christmas Cover Up : Sat May 28, 2022 12:58 am  
Mild Rover wrote:
I see the Ministerial Code has been re-written, so that Ministers who break it will no longer be expected to resign. They can just apologise and maybe have their pay docked. Johnson has re-written the foreword removing references to outdated principles such as ‘honesty’, ‘integrity’, ‘transparency’ and ‘accountability’.

I’ve never really seen the point of a written constitution, because it could always just be thrown on a bonfire… but as it turns out it might have been might been useful in a fuel crisis.

In all seriousness, it’s a bit scary now. He’s dangerous and it is all getting very, very Trumpian. Feck.

The problem is that the more he believes his invincibility the worse he is getting. He believes the rules do not apply to him and any that may hold him to account he changes. This action is helped by having one of the most inept cabinets and MP’s who believe he is still a winner despite recent results.
I find it amazing and also very insightful that one of the reasons he is considered safe is because there is no obvious successor.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7740
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years82nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 16:078th May 24 16:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: BorisGate - A Christmas Cover Up : Sat May 28, 2022 4:52 am  
hull2524 wrote:

Apologies, I know you've already given a really intellectually insightful assessment of the situation with detailed evidence. But could you just expand a little more and explain or give examples of your evidence for this
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12596
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years125th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: BorisGate - A Christmas Cover Up : Sat May 28, 2022 7:44 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
The problem is that the more he believes his invincibility the worse he is getting. He believes the rules do not apply to him and any that may hold him to account he changes. This action is helped by having one of the most inept cabinets and MP’s who believe he is still a winner despite recent results.
I find it amazing and also very insightful that one of the reasons he is considered safe is because there is no obvious successor.

He’s clearly emboldened rather than humbled. The lesson he seems to have learned is that he can get away with it and the Parliamentary Conservative Party will let anything slide.

He is further confirmed in his long-standing belief that it is churlish of other people not regard him as an exception, as one who should be free of the network of obligations, which binds everybody else.

His sycophants and enablers should be ashamed. He is neither inevitable or enviable. Unrestrained, he is dangerous.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17889
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years47th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 13:4611th May 24 13:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: BorisGate - A Christmas Cover Up : Mon May 30, 2022 11:03 am  
Mild Rover wrote:

I’ve never really seen the point of a written constitution, because it could always just be thrown on a bonfire… but as it turns out it might have been useful in a fuel crisis.

Day by day, he's tweaking the rules to protect himself and any of his mates that step out of line.

Ultimately, Labour need to get their act together and show that they ARE a credible party for government.
The whole cost of living crisis has some way to run and with raging inflation, rising interest rates and very likely meagre public sector pay settlements coming (apart from the MP's of course), pressure will certainly build significantly as we approach the next election.

However, Johnson and his "team" are certainly making it more difficult for him to be ousted.
RankPostsTeam
International Star374No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 201410 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Nov 23 14:117th Jun 23 21:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: BorisGate - A Christmas Cover Up : Mon May 30, 2022 2:24 pm  
hull2524 wrote:

Posting that with a clown avatar. Fantastic.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5121
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years85th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 03:5610th May 24 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: BorisGate - A Christmas Cover Up : Tue May 31, 2022 7:05 am  
Mild Rover wrote:
He’s clearly emboldened rather than humbled. The lesson he seems to have learned is that he can get away with it and the Parliamentary Conservative Party will let anything slide.

He is further confirmed in his long-standing belief that it is churlish of other people not regard him as an exception, as one who should be free of the network of obligations, which binds everybody else.

His sycophants and enablers should be ashamed. He is neither inevitable or enviable. Unrestrained, he is dangerous.

I live in the Wakefield constituency and having received my Conservative paper it’s clear they believe that reliving the Brexit election strategy will work again. It contained the usual “securing the borders” etc and even felt the need to point out that the Labour candidate wanted to remain. I think the people of Wakefield have moved on and there are far more problems than the mess that is Brexit. It did at least have a picture of de Pfeffel but not much else about him.
I read that Mrs de Pfeffel is very much like her husband in their belief of superiority and that the law does not need to be followed. It could be said that Mrs de Pfeffel likes a party just as much as her husband especially during lockdown.
I am not sure I would want him removed because clearly he is an asset to a Labour victory but he is dangerous and the damage he could do to democracy in this country in two years is frightening.
PreviousNext