FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Maggie Thatcher eco warrior ?
::Off-topic discussion.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200717 years106th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Apr 24 09:5515th Sep 23 10:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Maggie Thatcher eco warrior ? : Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:14 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
I couldn’t even tell what the green keeper looks like and I certainly have never spoken to him. I have also never been reported for golf course abuse and I know that our chief executive has never had a reason to report me to my golf club. The other problem is that Carter is not a member and I have never seen him on the course.
I take the view that if you choose not to vote then you have no right to criticise any party, the same for the council elections.

You need to wind your neck in and read my post again squire, I haven't said you had been reported for golf course abuse and tbh I wouldn't know what is was anyway unless you had a pee behind a tree and was seen by a lady member, A couple of puzzling things here, firstly how do you know you've never spoken to the green keeper if you don't know what he looks like, secondly what has the chief executive got to do with it ? I never mentioned Carter and why on earth would he report you to "your golf club" if he's not a member and never been to "your golf club"

Didn't know I was specifically criticising any party, just showing my contempt really same with you with your condemnation of Chester, the Mayor of Barnsley lives 50 yard off me, she's got a smile on her face every time she rings my door bell begging, when she passes on her way to the local shop she always manages to look the other way, probably instilled in her from birth like all politicians, local or not, as for my previous post you responded to in part, feel free to ignore the parts you feel you can't give a reasonable reply to, I fully understand your embarrassment, were you a decent rugby player back in the day?, I ask that simply because you have a very good sidestep when avoiding questions :D
RankPostsTeam
International Star5121
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years87th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 22:5610th May 24 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Maggie Thatcher eco warrior ? : Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:47 pm  
You forget that you have accused me of being anti Carter because he reported me for chipping a ball on the green or is it now becoming an age thing with you. I know that the green keepers are easily identifiable because they are either pushing a mower, sat on a mower or raking bunkers. They also tend not to be carrying golf clubs which I think is a giveaway don’t you. This they usually do during the week and I only play on a weekend, that is why I know I have never spoken to them. I have also never been reported or suspended for any actions whilst playing and if you knew me then you would know that.
I think you are beginning to forget what you have posted based on the last one above. I don’t need to swerve your statements because they are always based on a false premise.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200717 years106th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Maggie Thatcher eco warrior ? : Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:01 am  
You forget that you have accused me of being anti Carter because he reported me for chipping a ball on the green or is it now becoming an age thing with you. I know that the green keepers are easily identifiable because they are either pushing a mower, sat on a mower or raking bunkers. They also tend not to be carrying golf clubs which I think is a giveaway don’t you. This they usually do during the week and I only play on a weekend, that is why I know I have never spoken to them. I have also never been reported or suspended for any actions whilst playing and if you knew me then you would know that.
I think you are beginning to forget what you have posted based on the last one above. I don’t need to swerve your statements because they are always based on a false premise.

I really haven't got a clue what your on about with this Carter thing but I can see where your going with it anything to change the subject eh, perhaps you can point out to me where apart from my last post where I have ever mentioned Carter to you, having never been on a golf course in my life I would not know the problem of chipping a ball on the green, and assuming there's a problem with that how on earth do I know Carter reported you? with regards to the green keeper maybe he plays himself at the week end and he's just sick of you mouthing off, no I don't know you personally but he has pointed you out when you have been sat in your pit in the East stand but I do know your brother though the landlord or ex on Stanley Rd or are you going to deny that as well, perhaps you'd like to reply to my posts in general on the thread title instead of side footing the issues with your denials and waffling on about golf.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5121
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years87th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Maggie Thatcher eco warrior ? : Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:59 am  
chissitt wrote:
You've got that wrong squire :lol: the mans a clown, only difference is he's not as big a clown as that muppet from your embarrassing lot, speaking of which, there's a couple of Wakey posters on here what make things up to suit they're political agenda, on that basis I just try and redress the balance as I don't think your party would have done any better, oh and I've put the extra T in chissitt for yer all reet, btw did I ever tell you how I got my user name :wink:

Back on topic either provide evidence that we made things up to suit our political agenda or admit that you made this up and actually have nothing at all.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200717 years106th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Maggie Thatcher eco warrior ? : Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:13 am  
Back on topic either provide evidence that we made things up to suit our political agenda or admit that you made this up and actually have nothing at all.

Okay then as you probably know I can't provide evidence as I've not got the connections in the right places as you would have us believe you have, but other than not believing a word that comes out of your mouth (that's singular btw as I don't include wrenners in that) the onus is on you to verify all this waffle and anti government propaganda you keep coming out with, show us your proof squire, show me that your not the little fibber I believe you to be, remember I have caught you out telling porkies before now :)
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17889
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 06:3611th May 24 13:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Maggie Thatcher eco warrior ? : Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:26 am  
chissitt wrote:
It's my pleasure :D

You see the problem I have reading your and pimpernels guff is just the same, I don't have the time or the inclination to find out whether you speak the truth or it's your imagination, I do wonder though where you get all your info from, you and pimpy must have some powerful allies in parliament if all your intel is true, unless of course your that naive enough to believe the labour supporting rags, putting all your bitterness to one side if it's possible on balance if you think that your loony party could have done better then you really are a pair of crackpots :USTUPID:

That's a no then, never mind.
As for reading "Labour" rags, wrong again, you're not doing to well here, squire.

The one thing we wouldn't have IF Labour had been in power is, clapping the NHS staff on a Thursday night and then insulting them with a 1% pay increase - I know that Bojo has now changed this but, it does show just ho fake his gratitude is
He's a good time politician, full of hypocrisy and lies in equal measure.

Hell, 2 years before the Brexit referendum he was, like the rest of his family, pro European
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 63781.html.

To save you reading this it's from The INDEPENDENT so, hopefully not too politically biased in either direction.
I can give you plenty of other sources if you want some easy reading, there's probably some for the Telegraph and Express
too but, I doo try and avoid such biased journalism.

You line 'em up mate and I'll knock 'em back
chissitt wrote:
It's my pleasure :D

You see the problem I have reading your and pimpernels guff is just the same, I don't have the time or the inclination to find out whether you speak the truth or it's your imagination, I do wonder though where you get all your info from, you and pimpy must have some powerful allies in parliament if all your intel is true, unless of course your that naive enough to believe the labour supporting rags, putting all your bitterness to one side if it's possible on balance if you think that your loony party could have done better then you really are a pair of crackpots :USTUPID:

As for reading "Labour" rags, wrong again, you're not doing to well here, squire.

The one thing we wouldn't have IF Labour had been in power is, clapping the NHS staff on a Thursday night and then insulting them with a 1% pay increase - I know that Bojo has now changed this but, it does show just ho fake his gratitude is

Hell, 2 years before the Brexit referendum he was, like the rest of his family, pro European

To save you reading this it's from The INDEPENDENT so, hopefully not too politically biased in either direction.
I can give you plenty of other sources if you want some easy reading, there's probably some for the Telegraph and Express

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach753No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200915 years258th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 24 18:575th Feb 24 13:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
cod face

Re: Maggie Thatcher eco warrior ? : Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:04 pm  
Just read that Harold Wilson in his 2 spells closed twice as many pits down than Thatcher ,didn't realise he was an eco warrior too
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach753No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200915 years258th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
cod face

Re: Maggie Thatcher eco warrior ? : Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:16 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:

W

You do realise when you started this thread you posted a Guardian link, thought you didn't read Labour rags :lol:
wrencat1873 wrote:

W

You do realise when you started this thread you posted a Guardian link, thought you didn't read Labour rags :lol:
RankPostsTeam
International Star5121
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years87th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Maggie Thatcher eco warrior ? : Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:50 pm  
JONNYGIANT wrote:
Just read that Harold Wilson in his 2 spells closed twice as many pits down than Thatcher ,didn't realise he was an eco warrior too

He did but it not the base numbers but the percentage for example if you have 100 and close 10 that is obviously 10% but if you have 10 and shut 5 that is 50%. When Wilson shut the mines down for whatever reason the actual impact was much less than when Thatcher began her campaign. She may have shut less but the percentage left was much lower and therefore impacted people’s lives more.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach753No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200915 years258th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
cod face

Re: Maggie Thatcher eco warrior ? : Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:24 pm  
He did but it not the base numbers but the percentage for example if you have 100 and close 10 that is obviously 10% but if you have 10 and shut 5 that is 50%. When Wilson shut the mines down for whatever reason the actual impact was much less than when Thatcher began her campaign. She may have shut less but the percentage left was much lower and therefore impacted people’s lives more.

But surely she closed the biggest loss making pits down ,just as Wilson did, they were being subsidised to the tune of hundreds of millions over the year's ,it couldn't carry on just like the north east ship yards hamstrung by unions
PreviousNext