FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Kier Starmer
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: Kier Starmer : Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:20 pm  
They could have saved a fortune not supporting their friends in the private sector for non existent PPE or a poorly developed and operated Track and Trace.
The claims you refer to are also brought by those solicitors in the private sector, many are just ridiculous but sadly need to be investigated.
Re: Kier Starmer : Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:13 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
My point is that Sunak is hailed as some kind of "world beating" chancellor and he hasn't begun to be tested yet.
Also just imagine (I know it's hard) but, just imagine if a Labour Chancellor had introduced these measures.

Hell, there is unrest in the Tory ranks at one of their own bringing in some of these measures, just imagine if McDonnel had been in Sunak's seat.

There is a HUGE debt to pay down and the Tories should and hopefully will be judged when they chose juts who this burden will fall upon.
The cast iron certainty is that those at the bottom of the pile will be squeezed ever harder.

Where do you think he will cut the £17 billion of public spending or, maybe there will be another U turn.


When the pandemic is "over" we will likely get a better idea of where the cut backs and clawing back will come from.
Then people may be in a better place to have a more informed opinion on Sunak.
But,youve already decided those "at the bottom of the pile" will be squeezed ever harder, personally i expect everybody to be squeezed.
Sorry,but struggling to imagine a Labour Chancellor in my lifetime.... :D :D :D
Re: Kier Starmer : Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:16 pm  
[quote="TURFEDOUT")
But,youve already decided those "at the bottom of the pile" will be squeezed ever harder, personally i expect everybody to be squeezed.
[/quote]

Are you serious ?
Benefits, Education & Health are the big three "drains" on spending.
It seems accepted that post pandemic, health will be difficult to cut, which leaves education and benefits/social care plus of course tax increases.
Remembering that the latter is not part of the Tory DNA, a further purge on benefits and local services seem most likely but, I'm interested to see how "Saint Sunak" actually balances the books.
Re: Kier Starmer : Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:12 pm  
Steph Curry wrote:
That your hero voted for? Lmao


I’ll leave the voting to puppets like you.
Last edited by atomic on Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Kier Starmer : Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:30 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Are you serious ?
Benefits, Education & Health are the big three "drains" on spending.
It seems accepted that post pandemic, health will be difficult to cut, which leaves education and benefits/social care plus of course tax increases.
Remembering that the latter is not part of the Tory DNA, a further purge on benefits and local services seem most likely but, I'm interested to see how "Saint Sunak" actually balances the books.


I didn't realise Education was just for "those at the bottom of the pile"
Re: Kier Starmer : Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:38 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
They could have saved a fortune not supporting their friends in the private sector for non existent PPE or a poorly developed and operated Track and Trace.
The claims you refer to are also brought by those solicitors in the private sector, many are just ridiculous but sadly need to be investigated.


NHS paid out £2.4bn yes £2.4bn in claims last year - if we accept that at least 5% waste can stripped out that's another £6bn - £17bn across the whole of the public sector is a drop in the ocean.
Re: Kier Starmer : Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:53 pm  
Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
NHS paid out £2.4bn yes £2.4bn in claims last year - if we accept that at least 5% waste can stripped out that's another £6bn - £17bn across the whole of the public sector is a drop in the ocean.


Maybe if they hadn't been underfunded less mistakes would gave happened, you know, through better training, more staff etc.
But yeah, you carry in blaming them, I guess the teachers will be to blame as well at some point.
Re: Kier Starmer : Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:14 pm  
Jukesays wrote:
Maybe if they hadn't been underfunded less mistakes would gave happened, you know, through better training, more staff etc.
But yeah, you carry in blaming them, I guess the teachers will be to blame as well at some point.

Yup, they're happy to attack the poorly paid and the powerless. As if those fat cat nurses and teachers were the root of our problems.

You honestly couldn't make it up but people like the previous poster genuinely believe this stuff.
Re: Kier Starmer : Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:01 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Absolutely certain and no proof needed.
Did it not change to get to where it is or, have they always had a 13% lead :oops:

And STILL blue eyed boy, Sunak has done nothing to claw back any of the unprecedented public spending - a corporation tax rise in 2023 hardy counts.
NEVER in my life time has any chancellor been able to spend such colossal amounts of cash with out ANY checks and balances.
He suggested that there would be £17billion pounds of cuts in public spending (not yet of course) and no mention as to just where these cuts could come from and his claims were rubbished by the IFS.

It's easy to spend but, a little more difficult to balance the books - lets see how popular he and the Tories are when the the spending spree stops and the "levelling up" begins.


So no proof. Thought so.

Tories to win another embarassing land slide election.

The champagne socialists don’t have a clue what they are doing
Re: Kier Starmer : Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:42 pm  
Steph Curry wrote:
So no proof. Thought so.

Tories to win another embarassing land slide election.

The champagne socialists don’t have a clue what they are doing

You know supporting political parties isn't supposed to be like supporting a football or RL team, right?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Sin Bin