RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Kier Starmer
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: Kier Starmer Mon May 17, 2021 5:29 pm  

User avatarJONNYGIANT wrote:
JONNYGIANT User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:07 pm
Posts: 450
Location: peoples republic of holmfirth
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
If your "thinking for yourself" takes you as far as simplistically saying, "Labour want to level down" then I'm cool with being anything you're not.

A tad childish ,dont you think :lol:
cod face
Re: Kier Starmer Mon May 17, 2021 5:30 pm  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 1804
Location: Desperation Island
JONNYGIANT wrote:
A tad childish ,dont you think :lol:

I'll bow to your knowledge on that subject.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: Kier Starmer Mon May 17, 2021 6:45 pm  

User avatarJONNYGIANT wrote:
JONNYGIANT User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:07 pm
Posts: 450
Location: peoples republic of holmfirth
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
I'll bow to your knowledge on that subject.

:lol:
cod face
Re: Kier Starmer Wed May 19, 2021 12:00 pm  

Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
Zoo Zoo Boom Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:38 am
Posts: 370
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
If your "thinking for yourself" takes you as far as simplistically saying, "Labour want to level down" then I'm cool with being anything you're not.


I appreciate rationale thought is beyond your capability but can you name a socialist country where the average wealth of the citizens approaches anything that of a capitalist country? The only way Socialism works is the centre controls everything and dishes out pocket money to its citizens. How do you grow that type of economy to the betterment of everyone, where is the competition and the need to develop - I mean in reality not in theory. At least in a capitalist economy the idea is encourage innovation and growth. Yes to much will end up in a few hands that is unavoidable but over time things will improve - has the average standard of living increased or decreased over the last 30 years and if we agree it has has it improved faster than in say Russia, many of the Socialist regimes in Africa - how about Cuba or Venezuela?
Re: Kier Starmer Wed May 19, 2021 1:20 pm  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 1804
Location: Desperation Island
Zoo Zoo Boom wrote:
I appreciate rationale thought is beyond your capability but can you name a socialist country where the average wealth of the citizens approaches anything that of a capitalist country?

Britain is a socialist country.

But yes, as pretty much everyone knows, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Germany etc are prime examples who have somewhat more socialistic policies as part of their mixed economy than we do. For some reason you'd rather choose a bunch of tinpot dictatorships or wannabe dictatorships as if that was what any party other than the Conservatives were offering.

It's such a dumb argument - paying a bit more in taxes for better public services will only take us back to the levels of taxation in the 1980s. It might cause you or Scrooge McDuck immense anguish but it isn't going to turn us into a failed state. Plenty of other things will do that first.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: Kier Starmer Thu May 20, 2021 2:47 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15912
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
It's such a dumb argument - paying a bit more in taxes for better public services will only take us back to the levels of taxation in the 1980s. It might cause you or Scrooge McDuck immense anguish but it isn't going to turn us into a failed state. Plenty of other things will do that first.


With inflation rising, which would lead to higher interest rates, we could be on our way to the double whammy of a bust economy and significantly higher costs on our "world beating" national debt.

I absolutely agree with your comment about "some" paying a little more in tax.

It's quite incredible that we laud the celebrities and the better off, who hide their income overseas to avoid paying their share of tax.
They should be called out in just the same way as the red top papers call out "benefit cheats" etc
Re: Kier Starmer Mon May 24, 2021 11:05 am  

User avatarJONNYGIANT wrote:
JONNYGIANT User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:07 pm
Posts: 450
Location: peoples republic of holmfirth
wrencat1873 wrote:
With inflation rising, which would lead to higher interest rates, we could be on our way to the double whammy of a bust economy and significantly higher costs on our "world beating" national debt.

I absolutely agree with your comment about "some" paying a little more in tax.

It's quite incredible that we laud the celebrities and the better off, who hide their income overseas to avoid paying their share of tax.
They should be called out in just the same way as the red top papers call out "benefit cheats" etc

Jesus where were you when Rooney,Jimmy Carr and a poop load more got called out ,you really do spout crap
cod face
Re: Kier Starmer Mon May 24, 2021 11:34 am  

User avatarJONNYGIANT wrote:
JONNYGIANT User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:07 pm
Posts: 450
Location: peoples republic of holmfirth
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Britain is a socialist country.

But yes, as pretty much everyone knows, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Germany etc are prime examples who have somewhat more socialistic policies as part of their mixed economy than we do. For some reason you'd rather choose a bunch of tinpot dictatorships or wannabe dictatorships as if that was what any party other than the Conservatives were offering.

It's such a dumb argument - paying a bit more in taxes for better public services will only take us back to the levels of taxation in the 1980s. It might cause you or Scrooge McDuck immense anguish but it isn't going to turn us into a failed state. Plenty of other things will do that first.

I suppose you've got hundreds of books ,some authored by y :lol: ou on your book shelfs aswell
cod face
Re: Kier Starmer Mon May 24, 2021 11:52 am  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 1804
Location: Desperation Island
JONNYGIANT wrote:
I suppose you've got hundreds of books ,some authored by y :lol: ou on your book shelfs aswell

Oh hello. No, I'm just a maritime author, not a political one.
Although, that said, I do have a degree in politics, for what it's worth.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: Kier Starmer Mon May 24, 2021 12:56 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15912
JONNYGIANT wrote:
Jesus where were you when Rooney,Jimmy Carr and a poop load more got called out ,you really do spout crap


Says the font of all knowledge :oops:

I take it that you are happy for the wealthier members of society to dodge their taxes, whilst fining pensioners who dont have a TV license.

If you are seriously suggesting that the rich and famous, with the notable exception of Denise Coates, pay their full whack, I'll show my backside in Wakey Bullring :MOON:

Btw, I'm not Jesus
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mild Rover, The Devil's Advocate, The Ghost of '99, wrencat1873, Zoo Zoo Boom and 91 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,172,0841,87378,6376,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Thu 24th Jun
SL RND: 11 Castleford6-16Catalans
SLRND: 11 Wakefield14-6Wigan
SL RND: 11 Warrington44-18Leigh
Mon 21st Jun
WSL RND: 6 Hudds W18-28FeatherstoneW
Sun 20th Jun
CH RND: 10 Dewsbury24-68Featherstone
CH RND: 10 LondonB46-12Whitehaven
CH RND: 10 Newcastle40-6Oldham
CH RND: 10 Swinton4-34Halifax
CH RND: 10 Widnes30-20Sheffield
CH RND: 10 York20-22Batley
L1 RND: 7 Workington34-28Rochdale
L1 RND: 7 Hunslet16-18Doncaster
NRL RND: 15 Parramatta36-10Canterbury
NRL RND: 15 Gold Coast24-56Manly
WSL RND: 6 BradfordW10-42LeedsW
WSL RND: 6 WiganW22-8CastlefordW
WSL RND: 6 Wire W52-14WakefieldW
WSL RND: 6 YorkW24-0St.HelensW
Sat 19th Jun
L1 RND: 7 West Wales10-60Crusaders
L1 RND: 7 LondonS14-24Barrow
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 15 538 194 344 26
Penrith 15 450 151 299 26
Parramatta 15 436 234 202 24
Souths 14 387 282 105 22
Sydney 14 397 255 142 18
Manly 14 371 306 65 16
 
St.George 15 321 332 -11 14
Cronulla 14 270 322 -52 12
NQL Cowboys 14 288 409 -121 12
Newcastle 15 241 372 -131 12
Canberra 14 277 343 -66 10
NZ Warriors 14 287 357 -70 10
Gold Coast 15 342 436 -94 10
Wests 15 308 440 -132 10
Brisbane 15 232 482 -250 6
Canterbury 14 172 402 -230 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 11
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 10 284 148 136 18 191.89 90
St.Helens 9 208 76 132 14 273.68 77.78
Warrington 11 352 177 175 17 198.87 77.27
Wigan 10 172 168 4 14 102.38 70
Hull FC 10 243 165 78 13 147.27 65
Hull KR 10 241 212 29 12 113.68 60
 
Castleford 11 209 260 -51 10 80.38 45.45
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 9 158 171 -13 6 92.40 33.33
Wakefield 11 189 255 -66 6 74.12 27.27
Salford 10 115 297 -182 4 38.72 20
Leigh 11 174 430 -256 0 40.47 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 11
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 7 347 70 277 14 495.71 100
Featherstone 9 374 100 274 18 374 100
Batley 9 250 180 70 14 138.89 77.78
Bradford 9 228 216 12 14 105.56 77.78
LondonB 10 272 228 44 13 119.30 65
Halifax 10 305 139 166 12 219.42 60
 
Widnes 10 256 283 -27 9 90.46 45
York 10 239 202 37 8 118.32 40
Sheffield 10 231 279 -48 8 82.80 40
Newcastle 9 208 252 -44 7 82.54 38.89
Dewsbury 9 139 295 -156 6 47.12 33.33
Whitehaven 10 172 324 -152 5 53.09 25
Oldham 10 140 370 -230 4 37.84 20
Swinton 10 156 379 -223 0 41.16 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 7
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 7 275 80 195 14 343.75 100
Doncaster 7 268 142 126 12 188.73 85.71
Workington 7 244 134 110 12 182.09 85.71
Keighley 6 228 147 81 6 155.10 50
Hunslet 7 162 165 -3 6 98.18 42.86
Crusaders 7 182 228 -46 6 79.82 42.86
 
Coventry 5 118 144 -26 4 81.94 40
Rochdale 7 189 230 -41 4 82.17 28.57
LondonS 6 128 236 -108 2 54.24 16.67
West Wales 7 92 380 -288 0 24.21 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 7
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 4 256 32 224 8 800 100
WiganW 4 180 26 154 8 692.31 100
St.HelensW 4 230 30 200 6 766.67 75
CastlefordW 4 112 46 66 6 243.48 75
YorkW 4 100 102 -2 4 98.04 50
Wire W 5 138 168 -30 4 82.14 40
 
FeatherstoneW 5 102 182 -80 4 56.04 40
BradfordW 5 70 222 -152 2 31.53 20
Hudds W 5 64 250 -186 2 25.60 20
WakefieldW 4 30 224 -194 0 13.39 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X