FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - SkySports TV determined to combine sports and politics
::Off-topic discussion.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1242
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 14 20204 years126th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:3825th Mar 24 17:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

WTF,I never said give the money from mental health issues to the police all I have said the police need more money not less, as they deal with poop a lot more than you or I know.

Yes a friend of mine was a police woman but after holding a young man who was a stab victim had died in her arms had to retire for mental health reasons due to stress over that instance and more.
So in essence the police need to be looked after as much as others.
Mental health issues need more help,drug addiction issues need help,child exploitation issues needs help, more money and resources to these and more is what is required not taking money from the police it would result in less police to do their job. Increase tax by a penny in the pound if needs.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player238No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 20204 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Mar 21 17:432nd Mar 21 19:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

rollin thunder wrote:
Do you include all politicising in RL, sky sports, or is it just a particular issue that is offending you?

I take it in around 3 weeks time will you be starting a similar post regarding armistice day and RL traditionally promoting/respecting this and how it's amplifying a political cause. Or if this year they choose to not do anything will you fly off into "poppy rage"

"Our game" has a long proud history of racial integration, racial firsts, and a Long proud history of Black players who have lit up "our game" Black history month in the U.K. As been going for 27 years, and this is the first year I remember when the RFL super league and sky sports have done anything this significant. Its long over due that it has taken us 27 years to truly celebrate our great Black players.

It's not an agenda it's a celebration, nor is respecting showing solidarity to BLM and a firm commitment to stamping out racial injustice an agenda.

And many black players had a bloody rough time of it, having to prove themselves far more than others, this has been heard from players up and down dale. It wasn't because RL was particularly diverse or inclusive, it was because of a need to make money and be successful. that meant if you were good enough it didn't matter, that didn't mean that black players had equity but someone who could improve the number through the gates and helped you win matches was business savvy, nothing to do with diversity and racial integration as you call it.

As for poppy/armistice, it should NEVER be a part of sport, just like the sickening minutes silence for some person/people who die in a tragedy that absolutely nothing to do with rugby league, done because not to do so makes you look like you don't care/are callous/not PC.
That general public are pretty much crow barred into poppy mania and any other charity supporting or political movement is indicative of how things have hit rock bottom. I find it sickening that it's general public putting their money in to support armed forces personnel and their families when they need support for a whole host of things, I find it sickening that again general public are asked/guilt tripped to support child charities, cancer charities etc, all these things should be funded by government from taxation.
Given the amount of tax dodged by big corps and money spaffed away on all sorts of crud like rebuilding Westminster for one, handing out fat contracts to mates for faulty face masks, hundreds of millions on 'consultancy' fees (£420M just for Brexit alone) there should be plenty of money to support everyone, plenty to help develop medicines.
Do I buy a poppy, no, not now, it's needless pollution, I think we should have a virtual poppy on our phones or at least have one that is fully recyclable/biodegradable, I wore a poppy made from old cotton garments a few years back made at the old village school that doubles as a museum. I do support

But I object to the way armistice and the poppy image brought into sport as well as any other political stuff like BLM.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 14 20204 years305th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Apr 21 07:486th Apr 21 15:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

48756c6c20 524c4643 wrote:
And many black players had a bloody rough time of it, having to prove themselves far more than others, this has been heard from players up and down dale. It wasn't because RL was particularly diverse or inclusive, it was because of a need to make money and be successful. that meant if you were good enough it didn't matter, that didn't mean that black players had equity but someone who could improve the number through the gates and helped you win matches was business savvy, nothing to do with diversity and racial integration as you call it.

As for poppy/armistice, it should NEVER be a part of sport, just like the sickening minutes silence for some person/people who die in a tragedy that absolutely nothing to do with rugby league, done because not to do so makes you look like you don't care/are callous/not PC.
That general public are pretty much crow barred into poppy mania and any other charity supporting or political movement is indicative of how things have hit rock bottom. I find it sickening that it's general public putting their money in to support armed forces personnel and their families when they need support for a whole host of things, I find it sickening that again general public are asked/guilt tripped to support child charities, cancer charities etc, all these things should be funded by government from taxation.
Given the amount of tax dodged by big corps and money spaffed away on all sorts of crud like rebuilding Westminster for one, handing out fat contracts to mates for faulty face masks, hundreds of millions on 'consultancy' fees (£420M just for Brexit alone) there should be plenty of money to support everyone, plenty to help develop medicines.
Do I buy a poppy, no, not now, it's needless pollution, I think we should have a virtual poppy on our phones or at least have one that is fully recyclable/biodegradable, I wore a poppy made from old cotton garments a few years back made at the old village school that doubles as a museum. I do support

But I object to the way armistice and the poppy image brought into sport as well as any other political stuff like BLM.

You object to everything Bumpy, maybe time you had another few months off the internet.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1218No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 26 200618 years176th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Aug 23 09:3924th Aug 23 15:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Can we remove politics from this sports forum in addition to removing it from Sky Sports please
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player238No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 20204 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Mar 21 17:432nd Mar 21 19:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

WestEndThinker wrote:
You object to everything Bumpy, maybe time you had another few months off the internet.

Stay on topic instead of making personal comments, I support the legion and many other organisations, I object to political stuff thrown into sport, it's not necessary, there are plenty of opportunities to make your voice heard personally away fom sporting occasions.
I object to how governments waste money instead of putting OUR money into the things that are needed, why dn't you object to that, particularly now when almost a trillion pounds has been wasted and tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands more people are going to die as a consequence of government over-reaaction, handing out contracts without due process and much more, you don't object to that? .
So you accept everything in life and have no objections to anything, why do you think political stuff is acceptable in sport and forcing people both fans/players to bow to pressure to participate and be a part of these things?
DHM 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8892
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 200618 years282nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th May 22 08:5023rd May 22 13:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions"

RagingBull wrote:
Can we remove politics from this sports forum in addition to removing it from Sky Sports please

It's the sin bin. We've had people arguing the Earth was flat and the moon is a big dinner plate and that Sky doesn't use satellites they use big antennae. Visit at your peril.
Previous