OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 21 20:105th May 21 13:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Rlfans - the most toxic rugby league forum in the world

Re: World-beating test and trace system : Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:54 pm  
. If you know the right people, you can get a test delivered to your door tomorrow. Like my best pal has even though he has no symptoms. He needs it to go offshore for a certain company urgently and the test is coming directly from the Nhs. He will receiver his test tomorrow and it will be processed on the same day and he will be flying to baku on Saturday

Us plebs have no chance. Even I, as a staunch Tory supporter am getting annoyed at the constant lies peddled which I know flies in the face of recent posts but enough is enough.
WIZEB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12516
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 23 200914 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th May 24 23:0817th May 24 10:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: World-beating test and trace system : Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:17 am  
Steph Curry wrote:
. If you know the right people, you can get a test delivered to your door tomorrow. Like my best pal has even though he has no symptoms. He needs it to go offshore for a certain company urgently and the test is coming directly from the Nhs. He will receiver his test tomorrow and it will be processed on the same day and he will be flying to baku on Saturday

Us plebs have no chance. Even I, as a staunch Tory supporter am getting annoyed at the constant lies peddled which I know flies in the face of recent posts but enough is enough.

If you keep the 'pleb' to a singular context, it's definitely up there as one of your most realistic posts. :lol:
RfE 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain950
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 05 20186 years164th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 24 11:0412th May 24 18:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number--
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you--
Ye are many -- they are few.'

Percy Bysshe Shelley - 'The Mask of Anarchy'

' ITS OVER' - Roy Orbison

Re: World-beating test and trace system : Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 am  
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... e-lockdown

'BARELY FUNCTIONAL' - how damning a criticism is that?

I appreciate that the Tory ideology is that private is always better - so if a pharmaceutical company like GSK or AstraZeneca were setting up the testing labs I could ( at a push seeing as I'm an ureconstructed leftie)accept that they may have the expertise to do so. But who set up the lighthouse Labs? Deloitte, a finance house. Not known for their expertise in clinical pathology, virology or epidemiology. But still they were considered better than say the Crick Institute or Imperial College in London or any of the rehgional university / hospital centres of excellence across the UK.

No involvement of the numerous expert virology and pathology labs around the country in our NHS hospital and our universities. University labs that for the most pert have been mothballed for months because of the pandemic, and which could have been repurposed ( and furloughed / working from home) staff trained to carry out the specific Covid testing.

And to put the cherry on the top Baroness Dido Harding, of the TalkTalk hacking fame, was put in charge of it. A woman who takes failure uselessness to new heights, and I mean beyond Grayling.

And now up to 11 million people, and counting face lockdown. Only a matter of time before it goes nationwide surely as despite the numberof tests performed being reduced the proportion of tests with a positive result rises. I think we are underestimating the level of positive cases as we are currently only testing about 3/4 of the numbers that were being tested earlir in the Summer. When the government's targets were still not being hit, but were a damn sight closer to it than they are now.

The only way to successfully come out of lockdown, reopen schools etc... was to only do so with a functioning test, track and trace system in place. The government has had most of the Spring and all Summer to put this in place but have failed to do so.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... e-lockdown

'BARELY FUNCTIONAL' - how damning a criticism is that?

I appreciate that the Tory ideology is that private is always better - so if a pharmaceutical company like GSK or AstraZeneca were setting up the testing labs I could ( at a push seeing as I'm an ureconstructed leftie)accept that they may have the expertise to do so. But who set up the lighthouse Labs? Deloitte, a finance house. Not known for their expertise in clinical pathology, virology or epidemiology. But still they were considered better than say the Crick Institute or Imperial College in London or any of the rehgional university / hospital centres of excellence across the UK.

No involvement of the numerous expert virology and pathology labs around the country in our NHS hospital and our universities. University labs that for the most pert have been mothballed for months because of the pandemic, and which could have been repurposed ( and furloughed / working from home) staff trained to carry out the specific Covid testing.

And to put the cherry on the top Baroness Dido Harding, of the TalkTalk hacking fame, was put in charge of it. A woman who takes failure uselessness to new heights, and I mean beyond Grayling.

And now up to 11 million people, and counting face lockdown. Only a matter of time before it goes nationwide surely as despite the numberof tests performed being reduced the proportion of tests with a positive result rises. I think we are underestimating the level of positive cases as we are currently only testing about 3/4 of the numbers that were being tested earlir in the Summer. When the government's targets were still not being hit, but were a damn sight closer to it than they are now.

The only way to successfully come out of lockdown, reopen schools etc... was to only do so with a functioning test, track and trace system in place. The government has had most of the Spring and all Summer to put this in place but have failed to do so.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1242No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 28 20186 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 21 20:105th May 21 13:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Rlfans - the most toxic rugby league forum in the world

Re: World-beating test and trace system : Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:50 pm  
I’m one of the people now in lockdown. I can’t have my mates round for a beer but I can meet them in the boozer. Sound.

Apart from that it’s barely even a lockdown
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17894
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 24 13:2316th May 24 15:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: World-beating test and trace system : Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:34 am  
You have to smile when the PM says that the rise in cases is down to the public no longer following the rules closely enough.
This is the same PM that wanted to get schools back (absolutely neccessary), get everyone back into their "proper" place of work (not needed), eat out to help out (not absolutely neccessary) and go out to your local (not a necessity) and all these at the same time.

It is Johnson and his government that INSTRUCTED everyone to do all of these things during August and yet HE now says that people haven't stuck to the rules.

With the furlough scheme coming to an end now, people are going to find themselves out of work, in huge numbers and without any adequate system for coping with the huge numbers that will be looking to claim some kind of benefits.

The systems simply wont cope.

There should have been a coherent plan with certain priorities but, instead, desperation to get the economy moving took over and now, with too much pressure on test and trace, we will descend towards another full lockdown.

IF this is going to happen, it would be better to do it now than wait another 3/4 weeks, when there would be even more cases.

The government strategy of lies and exaggeration is being badly exposed and it's time that Boris started telling the truth and got a grip of his Government.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1884No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 200618 years289th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Dec 23 10:002nd May 23 14:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: World-beating test and trace system : Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:37 am  
I see that the right wing UK press (Daily Mail, The Times, Telegraph etc) & commentators (Matthew Parris et al) are now calling out Boris Johnson & his unfitness for office -

Sadly, it's all a bit too late. They should have been telling the truth about him prior to the 2016 referendum.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: World-beating test and trace system : Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:40 am  
silver2 wrote:
I see that the right wing UK press (Daily Mail, The Times, Telegraph etc) & commentators (Matthew Parris et al) are now calling out Boris Johnson & his unfitness for office -

Sadly, it's all a bit too late. They should have been telling the truth about him prior to the 2016 referendum.

Can you buy the Telegraph in Warrington :shock:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2987
JoinedServiceReputation
May 31 200519 years286th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Feb 24 12:4131st Jan 24 22:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: World-beating test and trace system : Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:57 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
You have to smile when the PM says that the rise in cases is down to the public no longer following the rules closely enough.
This is the same PM that wanted to get schools back (absolutely neccessary), get everyone back into their "proper" place of work (not needed), eat out to help out (not absolutely neccessary) and go out to your local (not a necessity) and all these at the same time.

It is Johnson and his government that INSTRUCTED everyone to do all of these things during August and yet HE now says that people haven't stuck to the rules.

With the furlough scheme coming to an end now, people are going to find themselves out of work, in huge numbers and without any adequate system for coping with the huge numbers that will be looking to claim some kind of benefits.

The systems simply wont cope.

There should have been a coherent plan with certain priorities but, instead, desperation to get the economy moving took over and now, with too much pressure on test and trace, we will descend towards another full lockdown.

IF this is going to happen, it would be better to do it now than wait another 3/4 weeks, when there would be even more cases.

The government strategy of lies and exaggeration is being badly exposed and it's time that Boris started telling the truth and got a grip of his Government.

Agree the test and trace is shambolic,but I’m not convinced it would make much difference to the rising numbers.
Seems most of Europe are declaring record increases of positive tests.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17894
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 24 13:2316th May 24 15:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: World-beating test and trace system : Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:38 am  
TURFEDOUT wrote:
Agree the test and trace is shambolic,but I’m not convinced it would make much difference to the rising numbers.
Seems most of Europe are declaring record increases of positive tests.

What really irks is the PM suggesting the spike is down to "our" behavior, when ALL of the recent changes were led by his governments relaxation of the rules.
Eat out to help out
Schools returning
Pubs re opening
Relaxing flights to other covid hit regions

Ans finally, the most galling part, telling everyone to go to their place of work and not to work from home

A blind man could see what would happen but, our clueless leader's instructions pretty ensured that it would.

The consequence is that numbers are up, ICU usage is up, deaths are increasing and were heading for another lockdown.
Why the hell didnt he tell people to continue to work from home until the schools were back and functioning reasonably well.

Sorry, but, this is on Bojo and his party
RankPostsTeam
International Star4645
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 25 201014 years201st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th May 24 20:3714th May 24 11:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Re: World-beating test and trace system : Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:42 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
What really irks is the PM suggesting the spike is down to "our" behavior, when ALL of the recent changes were led by his governments relaxation of the rules.
Eat out to help out
Schools returning
Pubs re opening
Relaxing flights to other covid hit regions

Ans finally, the most galling part, telling everyone to go to their place of work and not to work from home

A blind man could see what would happen but, our clueless leader's instructions pretty ensured that it would.

And then Dido Harding saying nobody was expecting such demand for testing in September.

You really couldn't make it up!
PreviousNext